Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Star Wars Beta BETTER than Wow

After playing the Beta of Star Wars I can't wait for it to come out. I cancelled my wow sub after seeing talent 2.0 previewed (it was the last straw, i could go on for a bit about what i dislike with wow). With out giving away specifics the beta of star wars surpassed my expectations (stupid NDA). The annual pass, MoP, and 4.3 are both clearly being done to try to keep wow alive. So sad to see a game I use to love being put on life support.

wow one of those threads again!
    have fun playing other games, let us enjoy the stuff we like

also 4.3 is clearly done to keep WoW alive well it's something totally new that they make a new patch it must be because of TOR!

A thread like this on a wow fansite could just about be considered intentional flamebaiting, considering all the rabid fanboyism
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Oh look another, better than wow thing, its new its diffrent, so of course you will feel this way at first, no need to keep posting the same thing over and over...

I love WoW , but I really really really hope it HURTS WOW......WoW needs to know that it isnt the only game around, and the stay on top they are going to have to give us more than damn pandas...and pokemon......
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Glad you find something you enjoy better!

Myself, I still enjoy WoW, and look forward to the weekend where I can get beta access to SWTOR, too!
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    32,562,231th thread just like this. I like pandas you like jar jars...I don't see the big deal here. On a side note I plan to play both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    A thread like this on a wow fansite could just about be considered intentional flamebaiting, considering all the rabid fanboyism
    I assume you mean the rabid fanboyism against Blizzard, since mmo-champion has a massive population of people who dislike much of the game, and yet decide to keep posting on WoW foruims (despite the fact that they've quit).
    Kind of why vigilantism isn't a policy to be proud of. It's rather like trying to solve a rat problem by beating them to death with a live cobra.

10+ Year Old Account
    It Halo MMO With Lightsabers, Not wow.. Gosh get your fact rights

You had me until you said 'keep wow alive' not sure what rock you are living under but they still have 10 mil + subs and are raking in the cash, not sure on what planet that is called keeping alive

10+ Year Old Account
    I was in Beta too and it's not that hot. I would not give up wow for it. It has a high hardware demand and only appeals to people who like the sw universe.
    It's a great game but still not a wow killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I love WoW , but I really really really hope it HURTS WOW......WoW needs to know that it isnt the only game around, and the stay on top they are going to have to give us more than damn pandas...and pokemon......
    I agree, they'd better give us a new expansion with 5 new zones, a new storyline, some newer battlegrounds...if it was just pandas and pokemon, I wouldn't be very excited at all! Get on it, Blizzard!
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like all the WoW fanboys have their rose tinted glasses on

Deleted
    So you played a weekend beta and probably did what 20-30 levels and your already claiming it to be better than wow...its been said a million times mmo's live or die by the end game content and that's still the case, TOR can have the best leveling experience ever seen but If the end game sucks then its all for nothing..

I have been sceptical about this game for a while but I have a beta pass for the upcoming weekend and will judge it without bias....claiming a game is better than wow after 2 days is frankly dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I agree that these threads are getting old, you people that are taking the bait and seem to want nothing to do with SWTOR.......why do you still have it as something to appear on your most recent topics???
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Deleted
    Myself i haven`t tried Tor beta yet, will hopefully do it this weekend, but i played wow beta with a friend ages ago, we leveled a warrior, 2 shamans and a mage and he says TOR beta is by far > wow beta, excluding facts like at the time wow being one of a kind, a new breed.

Quote Originally Posted by sydazlir View Post
    I assume you mean the rabid fanboyism against Blizzard, since mmo-champion has a massive population of people who dislike much of the game, and yet decide to keep posting on WoW foruims (despite the fact that they've quit).
    Bit of both, it's still impossible to have a rational discussion about anything one might dislike about MoP because of all the half-blind defenders making idiotic assumptions.

Basically, people be stupid.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Deleted
    i really dont see the point of posting it here. if youre quitting for a better game in your opinion, well then good for you

Your OPINION of a game doesn't make it fact. So either rename the thread "in my opinion Star Wars beta > WoW."
    Because these threads don't last long if you make it fact over opinion.

Star wars : The Old republic, forum, if you don't like to hear people's opinions on the game, you can filter it from your recent topics.