10+ Year Old Account

Still confused about my Beta invite....

So I recieved an email on 11/11/11, Friday that I had been accepted into the beta weekend event. From what I understand, this was not for the beta weekend that just happened, but for an upcoming, final beta weekend testing correct? I didn't not get any details like date or beta code, and my account shows no sign of me being in beta.

So should I assume that I am in, and will get the info soon? The email says not to register with other sites for a beta key cause I will get one, but I don't wanna get screwed in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    So I recieved an email on 11/11/11, Friday that I had been accepted into the beta weekend event. From what I understand, this was not for the beta weekend that just happened, but for an upcoming, final beta weekend testing correct? I didn't not get any details like date or beta code, and my account shows no sign of me being in beta.

So should I assume that I am in, and will get the info soon? The email says not to register with other sites for a beta key cause I will get one, but I don't wanna get screwed in the end.
    yes you are in my friend, the info for this beta will be when it gets closer, don't be panic'd my friend

Check the email again. It should say in it "Upcoming" beta. This means it will be for a beta that is coming up that they have set to do a massive stress test before launch. Don't go grab one of those beta keys that are being given away as it also says in the email that getting one and trying to use it could mess up you getting into the upcoming beta.

I as well as countless others have gotten the same email and like you, no dates provided or information under my tester page. Hang tight and keep watching your email and tester page for when you can DL the client.

Deleted
    Yeah, uh, what the people above me said! Don't worry, you'll get another mail when your beta is ready!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thanks alot guys. Yea, the email said trying to get another key might mess it up so I guess I'll just wait for the first one to mail.

They should have waited until after the weekend beta to send out that e-mail. Would have saved a lot of confusion. lol.

I was just in the last weekend beta 11/11/11-11/13/11. Now what I am wondering is if I am eligible for the next stress test, or should I grab one of the keys from curse and apply it to my account. I am assuming that since I accepted the last invite I am no longer eligible because I was already in a weekend beta test.

Quote Originally Posted by escott410 View Post
    I was just in the last weekend beta 11/11/11-11/13/11. Now what I am wondering is if I am eligible for the next stress test, or should I grab one of the keys from curse and apply it to my account. I am assuming that since I accepted the last invite I am no longer eligible because I was already in a weekend beta test.
    if you were a good beta tester and checked the beta forums, they said that everyone in the current tested period would be brought back for this test

Quote Originally Posted by BigAssBoy View Post
    if you were a good beta tester and checked the beta forums, they said that everyone in the current tested period would be brought back for this test
    I thought I looked at the FAQ, apparently I never did. I guess I just confused myself since the last test was a stress test as well. It also didn't help that a friend of mine didn't believe that I got into the past weekend test, and kept spouting it was only for the upcoming test. But nonetheless, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    If only there was a sticky on this subject!

Oh wait... http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ational-thread

I really don't understand why this is hard to understand...they said "an upcoming beta". I am pretty sure that means an upcoming beta. Also they made a really big deal about the fact that EVERYONE who signed up to be considered for testing will get in, that sure sounds to me like you are in...

The email was stupid and I don't know why they sent it, but theres so much info about this out there already I don't see how it can still be confusing.

Dammitt...I accidentally put in one of those codes while I had gotten one of those emails. I didn't know I had though =D I wonder how I could've missed that email/the stuff on the beta tester forums about it.

The next beta weekend is going to be for everyone that has signed up for beta testing before November 11 or getting a code to redeem off one of the many fansites giving them out, its going to happen before the end of the month but definitely not this weekend up coming up because this weekend the general testers are getting a new build.

General testers will be playing for about a week before weekend event comes in, its how it usually happens anyway. So taking that into account the only other weekend this major stress test will happen will be Nov 25 - 27 but since this weekend event will last 4 days it will most likely happen from that thursday til sunday.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

They're about to do one massive test to fully stress test the servers, so it's in everyone's best interest that you actually try out the game.

Experts say the test will be towards the end of November, possibly Thanksgiving weekend.

Also got the same email, and eagerly awaiting more info to start playing testing this game. I thought it would be this coming weekend but some say its the end of November somewhere.

Keep checking the e-mail until bw sends you the real invite that will allow you to download the game... last november weekends 19/20 26/27 or 3/4 december one of this weekends will be for the beta

15+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Blows my mind how half of the people on this forum cant read an email probably

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    Blows my mind how half of the people on this forum cant read an email probably
    In their defense, the email was terribly worded and terribly timed as to cause the most amount of confusion possible. Whoever does these sorts of announcements for Bioware should be fired. This wasn't as bad as the pre-order announcement never happening and it just sort of appearing in the middle of the night (after info was leaked on Kotaku), but it is certainly up there.

Please read the stickies. Trolls made one that covers all this information for you. Please use it.