Thread: Trooper AC's

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Trooper AC's

Hey there SWTOR fans, I have a question. Comparing the two trooper AC, how does each compare to eachother in terms of their dps. Does the commando just blow the vanguard out of the water? Or can you be a vanguard and still pull viable numbers? I ask because I want to dps as a trooper but I don't quite like the idea of the giant blaster cannon.

Both classes have (supposedly) equal DPS.

Think about it this way. If you were a developer, would you ever purposely make a DPS spec weaker than other DPS specs?

Quote Originally Posted by KvanCetre View Post

Think about it this way. If you were a developer, would you ever purposely make a DPS spec weaker than other DPS specs?
    No but it happens, which is why I am asking. Refer to WoW's current dps differences.

Quote Originally Posted by KvanCetre View Post

Yes, because one DPS spec may need to stand still for best DPS, whereas the other can DPS on the move. Or one is pure DPS, where the other provides buffs and CCs. Or one has more survivability, in exchange for taking a hit to the DPS itself. Or many, many other ways they could make things balanced by having one pure DPS and one slightly-lesser-but-other-utility DPS.

For example, let's say one DPS can do... 110 DPS (arbitrary number amount) if it stands still and never has to move. While moving, however, it cuts off certain things and pulls 95 DPS instead. On the other hand, the moving DPS can pull a maximum of 100 DPS, but it can pull that when stationary or moving.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    KvanCetre is right, and besides that we can't answer due to the NDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The WoW development team also includes a "hybrid tax," meaning the more hybrid your class is the lower its dps in related specs. This will supposedly be gone come MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacu View Post
    No but it happens, which is why I am asking. Refer to WoW's current dps differences.
    Even if one is stronger than the other, patches have the potential to change this at any point in time. Just play the one you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jounichi1983 View Post
    The WoW development team also includes a "hybrid tax," meaning the more hybrid your class is the lower its dps in related specs. This will supposedly be gone come MoP.
    That was gone long ago, look at shadow priests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jounichi1983 View Post
    There really isn't that much of a hybrid tax anymore, sure during TBC when spriests were limited to 1500dps when others were doing 2.5k to 3k you could claim that, but now it's pretty even across the board.

Hum, thats a very good question. I have been thinking about it as well, for the same reason you said. I would like to have a trooper but I am not a fan of the super weapon the commando uses.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Deleted
    The game isn't even out yet and the first thing people wonder is what does the most damage? Whatever happened to playing what you enjoy the most?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    The game isn't even out yet and the first thing people wonder is what does the most damage? Whatever happened to playing what you enjoy the most?
    It died around the same time things like recount were made.

Graphs and comparison of numbers, #1 in making a game not fun.

What some people enjoy the most is playing whatever does the most damage.

Also: Are people really arguing about having a giant fucking weapon? O__o

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post

SW:ToR already has recount? O_o
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Hum, thats a very good question. I have been thinking about it as well, for the same reason you said. I would like to have a trooper but I am not a fan of the super weapon the commando uses.
    All the classes that have a Tank or Healing role (Troopers can tank in Vanguard, and heal in Commando), have 2 other talent trees in their Advanced Class that are for DPS.

So yes, you will be able to DPS just fine. with a Blaster Rifle as a Vanguard, instead of the Assault Cannon the Commando uses.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    SW:ToR already has recount? O_o
    SW:TOR doesn't support addons for launch, period, let alone beta.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    All the classes that have a Tank or Healing role (Troopers can tank in Vanguard, and heal in Commando), have 2 other talent trees in their Advanced Class that are for DPS.

So yes, you will be able to DPS just fine. with a Blaster Rifle as a Vanguard, instead of the Assault Cannon the Commando uses.

---------- Post added 2011-11-15 at 09:27 PM ----------

SW:TOR doesn't support addons for launch, period, let alone beta.
    But... Sinner563 said there was...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner563 View Post

My enjoyment through leveling will be amazing, but once I hit endgame I don't want to be excluded from raids because I am not viable. That would take the fun out. Seewhatididthere?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    But... Sinner563 said there was...

Nop, he just said that recount killed the "fun" part of games.

if it wont support addons, fine - people will just use combatlog or whatever it was you used in eq1/eq2 ect. even some time in rift.

My enjoyment through leveling will be amazing, but once I hit endgame I don't want to be excluded from raids because I am not viable. That would take the fun out. Seewhatididthere?
    There is no way you can know that until there are a lot of people at end game and even then there may be future buffs/nerfs that switch it around anyway.

I play an elemental shaman in WOW, I know the rollercoaster of being OP and UP at certain times, you just play through it and have fun and stop stressing about what is flavour of the month.

Well, think of it this way then... why would the healing AC do more dps than the tank AC?

Hey there SWTOR fans, I have a question. Comparing the two trooper AC, how does each compare to eachother in terms of their dps. Does the commando just blow the vanguard out of the water? Or can you be a vanguard and still pull viable numbers? I ask because I want to dps as a trooper but I don't quite like the idea of the giant blaster cannon.
    How do you not like a weapon that automatically makes a trooper using it a total bad ass by the shear fact he can not only carry that thing but effectively use it in battle?