10+ Year Old Account

Epic Gems Transmutable From Rare Gems In 4.3?

Pretty simple question, I haven't been able to find anything on it, but last I knew it was on the PTR. What are the mats?

Not transmutable,
    Not prospectable,

Deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaplaceNoMa View Post
    Not transmutable,
    Not prospectable,

Deal with it.
    Yes they are transmutable.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71958/re...ute-lava-coral

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71960/re...-queens-garnet

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71959/re...-shadow-spinel

You see, there were many things that should've made it to live in blizzard's ptr/beta history. When they say 'the only way to obtain epic gems is from normal/heroic DS', it means that NO, they are NOT transmutable, and YES, you're fucked if you have over 9000 stacks of pyrite in your gbank.
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    When they say 'the only way to obtain epic gems is from normal/heroic DS', it means that NO, they are NOT transmutable
    ...and everything they've ever said have proven to be true

Don't get me wrong - I'd be happy if that's true (I have a huge stock of uncut rare gems now, as well as a transmute master). But honestly... If they wanted to do something like going against their word, things would've already appeared on the PTR. There are no transmute recipes on the PTR and pyrite does not prospect into epic gems.

I have a feeling that people who can't deal with it are frustrated because their investments are void now. :\

I think a better argument would be: There have been items in the past that have been data-mined but not implemented in game. At this point in development, it seems to be this way.

Deleted
    You're both correct - technically, the recipes do exist, and have existed since the Patch 4.3 items were originally datamined, however, they have not made it into the game in any way right now, and with 4.3 so close, it is unlikely they will. It's most likely that they're aimed at a future minor patch now, when content gets nerfed. That's not 100% - no one knows (except the blizzard devs I guess), they may come in with 4.3 and drop somewhere that wasn't discovered, or they may never come in at all. Somewhere in between (a future patch) is my personal guess.

The recipes datamined unfortunately never showed what the mats would be, so we really have no information on what it will be, although best guess is logically it would take some rare gems to make an epic. As common gems require herbs also, it might require herbs, or volatiles additionally... but again, it's just speculation.

I personally have 4 maxxed transmute masters from the truegold spamming days and i hope that they do release these recipes in the end, i think that it will be an 11th hour decision and its not unlike blizzard to go back on their word.
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

I have a feeling that people who can't deal with it are frustrated because their investments are void now. :\
    This isn't entirely true.. It's just that they've become longer term investments. Prices for pyrite will increase again once 5.0 is released and people are power leveling professions.

Run DS10 normal alt run, mail to main and buy on the AH.
    Reroll Blacksmithing for additional gem slots.

I must say I'm not happy with the implementation of epic gems.

You can not transmute/prospect. Only obtainable from the rocks boss' give you in DS, and its rare to actually get the gem as well.

Farm toons (x)
    Farm DS10 ( )
    Get Geodes ( )
    Sell Gems ( )
    ???????
    Profit!
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

We are at the second release build since the 4.3 PTR right now, there is heavy speculation that it will release on the 29th or the week after. Currently, those recipes don't even have mats.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    ...and everything they've ever said have proven to be true
    "'Bring the Player, not the Character' is our philosophy for Cataclysm".

As the graph on the frontpage shows, as WELL as the balancing between speccs (*COUGH* ARCANE VS FIRE/FROST FOR MAGES), I can confirm as a FACT that they lie. ALL. THE. TIME.

PS: Ciaro, love the sig!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkitty View Post
    This isn't entirely true.. It's just that they've become longer term investments. Prices for pyrite will increase again once 5.0 is released and people are power leveling professions.
    You really expect the average player to sit on XXXX stacks of pyrite instead of selling it outright?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    You're both correct - technically, the recipes do exist, and have existed since the Patch 4.3 items were originally datamined, however, they have not made it into the game in any way right now, and with 4.3 so close, it is unlikely they will. It's most likely that they're aimed at a future minor patch now, when content gets nerfed. That's not 100% - no one knows (except the blizzard devs I guess), they may come in with 4.3 and drop somewhere that wasn't discovered, or they may never come in at all. Somewhere in between (a future patch) is my personal guess.

The recipes datamined unfortunately never showed what the mats would be, so we really have no information on what it will be, although best guess is logically it would take some rare gems to make an epic. As common gems require herbs also, it might require herbs, or volatiles additionally... but again, it's just speculation.
    Eternal Might is an example of an item that was datamined, but never was made available to players. Same with the recipe for Greater Holy Protection Potion (lol).

I would really like it if they were transmutable, but it doesn't currently look like they are. Perhaps in a patch between 4.3 and 5.0? We'll see.