[10man] Dragon Soul: raid comp.

In preperation for DS, i was looking for info about raid composition requirements. Didnt find all i wanted. So i am starting this thread to gether some basic and usefull data. Will keep it updated with info provided in this thread.

Dragon Soul [10man]

Morchok

2 tanks (possible with 1)
    balanced dps
    2-3 healers

Warlord Zon'ozz

1 tank
    balanced(?) dps
    3 healers (possible with 2)

Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

1 tank
    3 melee dps - prefer non mana users
    2 ranged dps

Hagara the Stormbinder

1-2 tanks (not sure on that)
    (?) dps

Ultraxion

2 tanks
    (?) dps

Warmaster Blackhorn (Skyfire Airship)

2 tanks
    (?) dps
    2(?) healers

Spine of Deathwing

2 tanks (possible with 1?)
    (?) healers
    (?) dps

Madness of Deathwing

2 tanks
    (?) healers
    (?) dps

HC: (?)
    Last edited by Korgard; 2011-11-24 at 12:32 PM.

As for yor'sahj, at least on ptr and with my group we had no issues running with 1 ret, one fury warrior and one hunter for dpsing the add spawning from the blue stuff. We literally two shot it with no issues whatsoever.

For Hagara, we ran 3 healers but they complained they didnt have enough to do. 2 healing is definately possible.
    On a personal note, the encounter can get very spiky as soon as someone screws up, so I would still recommend three. I am not a healer though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Llyth View Post
    As for yor'sahj, at least on ptr and with my group we had no issues running with 1 ret, one fury warrior and one hunter for dpsing the add spawning from the blue stuff. We literally two shot it with no issues whatsoever.

For Hagara, we ran 3 healers but they complained they didnt have enough to do. 2 healing is definately possible.
    On a personal note, the encounter can get very spiky as soon as someone screws up, so I would still recommend three. I am not a healer though.
    Well keep in mind it's usually undertuned on the PTR aswell.

Morchok is a 2-tank fight. Prefers balanced range/melee.

My experience in normal DS.

Morchok:
    1-2 Tank
    2-3 Healers
    Remaining DPS
    This fight was designed around 2 tanks, but can easily be 1 tanked. You can really use 1-2 tanks and 2-3 healers, as this fight is very easy with no real DPS check.

Warlord Zon'ozz
    1 Tank
    2-3 Healers
    6-7 DPS
    I'd recommend 3 healers as you learn this fight, because between the orb damage and the massive AoE "Black" phase there will be a lot of healing needed. Again, no real DPS check here so there is no penalty to 3 heal it.

Yor'sahj
    1 Tank
    2 Healers
    7 DPS
    There are a few times where large amounts of burst healing are required, but they happen fairly infrequently. Be quick to kill oozes and the mana void, and 2 healers should be plenty.

Hagara
    1 Tank
    2 Healers
    7 DPS
    Most of the damage here is insta-death rather than requiring high raid HPS. The only problem I can see with 2 healers is ending up with both in an ice tomb, but tank cooldowns and quick dps should solve any issues. Not sure where you got the idea for 2 tanks; I can't find a single situation where having two would be very useful.

Ultraxion
    2 Tanks
    3 Healers
    5 DPS
    On both of our kills we used 3 healers, however we are considering going down to 2 healers and finish the fight before the raid damage gets too intense.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    2 healers is more than enough for the first six (assuming normal mode), not sure about the deathwing encounters though

Deleted
    Every 10 man normal is 2 man healable on PTR without any issues at all. Lootship need 2 tanks.

Deleted
    If im thinking of the right boss (morchok) who applies the stacking armor debuff i think, you have to run behind the spikes etc... How hard is it to solo tank? As a paladin in full heroic FL gear, becuase i take it the debuffs drop off when you have to hide behind the spikes etc

Deleted
    You're already gonna say what setup is great for a way undertuned fight?

Quote Originally Posted by malchihi View Post
    My experience in normal DS.

Most of the damage here is insta-death rather than requiring high raid HPS. The only problem I can see with 2 healers is ending up with both in an ice tomb, but tank cooldowns and quick dps should solve any issues. Not sure where you got the idea for 2 tanks; I can't find a single situation where having two would be very useful.
    The usefulness in 2 tanks is that it trivializes the tank healing. We brought 2 and had one stand at range and taunt when she started the flurry. we got essentially 0 damage from her flurry and healers took a nap. Not necessary but if you just want to faceroll normal day 1 it gives you that safety net in case your healer falls asleep.

What's with all these 1-tank fights? As a tank who has had trouble this tier finding a guild and raid group to call home, this doesn't help my cause. Regardless I am still looking forward to DS as my fury set is finally somewhat respectable(with the exception of those hideous ZA/ZG shoulders, ugh).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgard View Post
    In preperation for DS, i was looking for info about raid composition requirements. Didnt find all i wanted. So i am starting this thread to gether some basic and usefull data. Will keep it updated with info provided in this thread.

Dragon Soul [10man]

Morchok

2 tanks (possible with 1)
    balanced dps
    2-3 healers

Warlord Zon'ozz

1 tank
    balanced(?) dps

Yor'sahj the Unsleeping

1 tank
    3 melee dps - prefer non mana users
    2 ranged dps

Hagara the Stormbinder

1-2 tanks (not sure on that)
    (?) dps

Ultraxion

2 tanks
    (?) dps

Warmaster Blackhorn (Skyfire Airship)

2 tanks
    (?) dps
    2(?) healers

Spine of Deathwing

(?)

Madness of Deathwing

(?)

HC: (?)
    going off just by normals, Morchock u can 1 tank your debuff falls off during the black ooze phase most of the time, Hagara 1 tank, Ultra 1 tank, you only drop agro when you come out of the move you use so you don't die to fading light sort of having a mental blank, its called taunt spam pretty easy, Spine could be done 1 tank, but its a lot easier with 2, Madness 2 tank purely for last phase.

All the PTR bosses are seriously under tuned as per the norm for a PTR. Dont expect the PTR comps to be the best comps come 4.3 because these tests are designed to check mechanics and bugs, not HPS and DPS requirements. Expect a boost to HP and damage and for debuff times etc to be adjusted for live, it's been that way every time on the PTR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazinus View Post
    What's with all these 1-tank fights? As a tank who has had trouble this tier finding a guild and raid group to call home, this doesn't help my cause. Regardless I am still looking forward to DS as my fury set is finally somewhat respectable(with the exception of those hideous ZA/ZG shoulders, ugh).
    I agree I always get told to DPS instead of our Druid, who can use the same freaking gear (and evidently gears for Crit over avoidance to max his tank DPS), when my DPS gear lacks from having other plate melee in the group. It seems Blizzard keeps flip-flopping on this.. they have to bribe tanks to run dungeons, but make fights that only require one so it's even harder for us to tank in raids or, worse, find core spots in raiding guilds. They seem to want to go back to having a single main tank and then a DPS who can also tank, instead of having two main tanks.

any updates on this?