USB problem in laptop...

Well... Usually I charge my cell from the laptop... I went to eat and came back today and when I checked it my sis that was at the laptop told me that the mouse stopped working... Tried other USB ports and reboot and still I get the unknown device message everytime... Mouse works fine because I checked it at the desktop... The cell at the other hand it's almost the same when I plug in in it charges but if I press anything on the window that pops (at the cell) so I can transfer data etc I get the unknown device message again... Any ideas? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Reinstall USB driver/controllers? Sometimes hiccups like that can happen with the USB controller.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Same... It installs the drivers on its own after I uninstall the USB and it still recognizes the mouse as unknown device... And it doesn't work of course...

In my experience when this kind of thing happens it's because the port(s) got damaged. It is possible that it's a software problem, but if you're 100% sure you eliminated a software problem then that would lead to the controller itself going bad. Besides replacing the motherboard you could always get an expansion card with USB ports on it.

Meh... A friend told me that because it still sees it even as unknown device then it's not a hardware problem and to check for chipset drivers updates and to see in BIOS if its USB 1 to turn it 2 or something though I can't find anything like this there... It's getting extremely annoying