best time to use jaws?

so i finally got a jaws of defeat in my guild runs and I need opinions on how to get the most use out of this trinket, ideas?

Deleted
    Going to be a bit diff depending on the fight (for ex its great to use at Baleroc when you are getting healing stacks). I like using it in tol, that way you can get stacks quickly with LB and then benefit from them when switching back to normal healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be drastically different per fight. But, if you aren't using it on CD for mechanic reasons you want to be using it any time you will be casting low GCD casts. When honestly considering full fight regen and intense aoe phases you don't want to waste it on LB. It's much better to use it on a Rj blanket phase.

In reality, since it's not % based if it saves 10,000 mana if used every GCD it's going to save 10,000 mana using RJ or LB. But, with the way regen works and in actual practice, it's better to consider it a trinket you use on CD, or phases you will be RJ spamming, thinking it as a trinket that lets you cast higher mana spells when you normally can't instead of an actual regen trinket.

Usage changes slightly from fight to fight, but you can pretty much follow the guildlines of: how many GCDs are you going to use within the time alotted? Tree of Life is certainly wonderful to pair this with, as you're going to use instant casts for quite a bit of the time you're in tree form. Before talents, Lifebloom costs 1304 mana, so consider stacking the trinket with lifeblooms, or Rejuv if you want to get your stacks even faster (via Swift Rejuvenation). There MAY be a point to where Lifebloom will not have a cost, so some portion of the mana cost reduction would have been wasted (I'm thinking Moonglow talent with H jaws, however this won't happen if you have normal jaws). If you happen to be using Shard of Woe with this trinket, be aware that you WILL be casting completely free Lifeblooms with full stacks, so it may be more wise to use Rejuvenation or your instant Regrowths instead.

Point being, the best time to use this trinket is when you are going to be primarily casting instants during the 20s. Keeping this in mind, stay away from Nourish and Tranquility (but by all means don't be greedy and refuse to use Tranquility if it means saving the raid).

Hope this helped, and good luck!
    -Resume