Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggs View Post
    No, but it makes balancing each separate aspect of it much much easier
    It really doesn't. The majority of influence PvE has on PvP is trinkets and legendary weapons. Frost Mages and Rogues don't have so much CC for PvE reasons. You could argue that Frost Mage damage is high because of PvE, but it's still much lower than Arcane and Fire.

Colossus Smash was changed because NPC armor works differently than PC armor and nuking all of an NPC's armor doesn't have the same huge damage bonus as nuking all of a Warrior/Shaman/Paladin's armor.

This whole, 'split the game in two' is just something people have latched on to without actually thinking about what they're asking for or the real implications. The claim is made that it would be easier, but no one ever supports that claim.

They just state it, like the statement proves itself.

There's a name for that, but I forget.

Anyways, splitting the game in two doesn't do anything good for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    It really doesn't. The majority of influence PvE has on PvP is trinkets and legendary weapons. Frost Mages and Rogues don't have so much CC for PvE reasons. You could argue that Frost Mage damage is high because of PvE, but it's still much lower than Arcane and Fire.

Colossus Smash was changed because NPC armor works differently than PC armor and nuking all of an NPC's armor doesn't have the same huge damage bonus as nuking all of a Warrior/Shaman/Paladin's armor.

This whole, 'split the game in two' is just something people have latched on to without actually thinking about what they're asking for or the real implications. The claim is made that it would be easier, but no one ever supports that claim.

They just state it, like the statement proves itself.

There's a name for that, but I forget.

Anyways, splitting the game in two doesn't do anything good for the game.
    Seriously that is a load of BS... nothing against you(i've gotten enough infractions already :P).
    How would it not be easier to balance if you could actually apply changes to ie resto druids without those changes putting them way ahead in pve. Resto druids have had a great xpac as far as pve goes but no one will deny it's been a shite xpac for them in pvp, being able to actually make changes that would help them out in pvp without effecting pve would obviously help balance the game. The two aspects of the game work against one another at times, thats fact. What might work well in pvp wont necessary work well in pve and the otherway around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Seriously that is a load of BS... nothing against you(i've gotten enough infractions already :P).
    How would it not be easier to balance if you could actually apply changes to ie resto druids without those changes putting them way ahead in pve. Resto druids have had a great xpac as far as pve goes but no one will deny it's been a shite xpac for them in pvp, being able to actually make changes that would help them out in pvp without effecting pve would obviously help balance the game. The two aspects of the game work against one another at times, thats fact. What might work well in pvp wont necessary work well in pve and the otherway around.
    Resto Druids are perceived to perform poorly in PvP because of dispel mechanics on heals and lack of solid defenses.

Neither of which has any impact to their PvE performance.

Most of the solutions would have no impact on their PvE performance.

So what problem is it that Resto Druids have that can be solved by a change that would have to be PvP only to preserve PvE balance?

I mean, most of this is moot anyways since 5.0 will be a different game, especially for Resto Druids in PvP. But I'd like to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Resto Druids are perceived to perform poorly in PvP because of dispel mechanics on heals and lack of solid defenses.

Neither of which has any impact to their PvE performance.

Most of the solutions would have no impact on their PvE performance.

So what problem is it that Resto Druids have that can be solved by a change that would have to be PvP only to preserve PvE balance?

I mean, most of this is moot anyways since 5.0 will be a different game, especially for Resto Druids in PvP. But I'd like to know.
    Main problem with restos is neither of the 2 thngs you mentioned, their most obvious weakness is switches, it takes fucking ages for resto druids to get decent heals rolling. They could make barkskin into some kind of PS clone which they are doing in the future (a bit fucking too late though) but hey that would effect pve, they could make make LB apply 3 stacks right away... again it would effect pve.

What makes most resto druids frustrated is their abilty to deal with switches, we don't need more personal defense bar maybe buffing our armor values... giving us some kind of def cd wouldn't solve the problem of the enemy team switching from one of our team mates to another.

Deleted
    I don´t really understand the people that say frost mage damage is so strong because of PvE. Most of the mages damage comes from the shatters and novas along with the mastery which is useless in PvE anyways. The problem is either the design of the spec is so bad they can´t balance it or they simply don´t care.

In most cases when there is a PvP imbalance PvE is not the reason, for the healers Rdruids and Rshamans there were much better fixes that could be made but blizzards simply decided to make these changes for whatever reason.