Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post
    I just don't see any of your points supported by anything in Lore, which is what we are discussing here. =\
    How so ? Don't we all agree magic makes the body weaker ? That was quoted from wowpedia.

Also, Third Gens are waaay weaker than Second generation DKs. While we don't have a valid reason for that, common sense says it's because Third Gens are resurrected corpses, while Second Gens are still somewhat living, having joined the Lich King in life.

Which sustains my suggestion that death makes them weaker than if they were recruited while still living .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    How so ? Don't we all agree magic makes the body weaker ? That was quoted from wowpedia.

Also, Third Gens are waaay weaker than Second generation DKs. While we don't have a valid reason for that, common sense says it's because Third Gens are resurrected corpses, while Second Gens are still somewhat living, having joined the Lich King in life.

Which sustains my suggestion that death makes them weaker than if they were recruited while still living .
    Can I get any link that says that says third generation Death Knights are weaker?

I found the one you talked about magic making the body weaker. Which is untrue. It corrupts the body. Corruption in and of itself is not a weakness but another state of being. It augments your body to be other than what nature intended but so far as evident in almost all cases, save the wretched, magic is used to strengthen the body. Given that you are able to control magic even such corruptions are possible to avoid, as with warlocks and their ability to avoid corruption even with directly working with fel energies.
    Last edited by Nonfictionless; 2011-11-17 at 10:08 PM.

The reason second generation death knights are stronger is because they were intended to be generals and commanders of the Scourge and were granted more power because of it. Common sense says that with the advent of magic, it doesn't really matter if a being was killed then resurrected again, as you can supplement his / her weakness with more magic, though it's less cost effective if the corpse is in a greater state of decay. The third generation of death knights were to be foot soldiers, albeit powerful foot soldiers. It's a way to use lore to explain why they start at level 55; they are already fairly powerful even when they are first raised, because of a combination of their previous skills and the necromantic magic suffused into their forms.