Thread: Need a new MoBo

Question Need a new MoBo

Current Build~

Case-
    Manufacturer: APEVIA
    Model #:ATXB8KLW-BK
    Name:X-Plorer Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Ram-
    Manufacturer: CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model
    Model #: TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX
    Speed:
    Size:

CPU-
    Manufacturer:Western Digital Caviar Blue 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    Model #:WD1600AAJS

Manufacturer:Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor
    Model #: BX80580Q8200

PSU-
    Manufacturer:NZXT ATX / BTX SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply
    Model #:PS-NT-PP600-R
    Wattage: 600W

Mobo-
    Manufacturer: XFX LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard
    Model #: MB750I72P9

Video Card-
    Manufacturer:XFX GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
    Model #: GS250XYDFU

================
    Now what is it you want....

Upgrade or New Computer:
    Replacing Parts

Upgrade on what (you hope): Mother Board

How much you want to spend: Preferably $60-$120

What all you plan to use it for: Gaming (WoW) and Daily use

What Operating system you want to use & Bit: It already has Windows

What Country are you from: USA

Any Additional Info Here: Computer was built by a friend who is now out of the country for a long time. Computer has been down for 6 months and I finally got some extra money to spend on a MoBo, I have another friend that is willing to put it all back together but does not want to get involved in the buying selection process.

Also I cannot make links so hopefully that does not hurt me. I also did the best I could, I have zero computer savvy skills. Thanks all help is appreciated.

Just curious, not putting you down or anything, but why are you replacing the MB? You said you aren't computer savvy, so are you sure you need to replace the MB? Did someone tell you it's dead? If you're sure, please disregard those questions and check out the links below for a couple of options. The linked MBs should allow you to pull all of the components off the old MB and pop them into the new. Also, you should probably buy some thermal paste for reinstalling the CPU/heatsink (only costs a couple bucks).

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...664&CatId=4658
    Last edited by PJSand; 2011-11-16 at 07:57 PM.

No offense taken.

My house was hit by lightning and for some reason I did not have my router connected to a surge protector and it fried everything that was connected to it.

I appreciate the help.