Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Theronbal View Post
    I'm so sick of every product being shit. No one will give me a straight answer.
    I can only say things about what I have used.

I'd like to try a G35 but I can't find one local to try, and dont want to just up an drop $100 ordering one

Deleted
    Apparently the PC360 lacks bass?
    350 does. 360 doesn't. It doesn't go excessive on the bass (at the sacrifice of everything else like some headphones), no.

OP, I went thru a quest for good headphones too about 2 weeks ago with a $100-150 budget. Bought about 4 pairs and kept returning them until I found a pair I liked. I learned that COMFORT is the MOST important thing. I tried a few of the $100+ headsets and they sounded great, but they weren't comfortable. Maybe its cause I have a weird shaped head or something, but in the end I settled with a 30 dollar headset. Sound quality isnt as good as the more expensive models I tried, but my jawbone doesn't feel like its going to fall off after 4-5 hours of gaming unlike the others.

I'm so sick of every product being shit. No one will give me a straight answer.
    Sennheiser PC360. If it's within your budget, it's good for you.

As for keyboards, wait half a month for the Corsair K90 to hit the markets, or buy a Steelseries 6Gv2/7G/Mionix Zibal 60 now.

Deleted
    Currently looking at Sennheiser 555.

Also found out I'm using onboard sound. So I might get a X-FI creative fatality soundcard.

Thoughts?

I have the Siberia V2 and I love it. Using the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and while it's a blessing to type with, it's not rly worth the price.
    You could look into other mechanical keyboards tho :-)

GO with a merc stealth you jsut will never regret it especially for playing MMO its the best keyboard I ever played with, if they could make a mechanical version of this keyboard I would just jizz everywhere. ctrl key for macro is perfectly situated for thumb press, with every number on the game pad its like 24 easy macro straight off the bat add shift and it jump to 36 YEAH ( Macro with the little finger is just so akward I dont even knwo how people do it and you cannot use 7 to = key really well) so imo best mmo keyboard (even rts if you keybind it well). Buy one try it you will never be able to separate yourself from it.

Get these and a separate microphone you like - http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-V6-Mo.../dp/B00001WRSJ

As for a keyboard go to the store and see which you like the best.

Also found out I'm using onboard sound. So I might get a X-FI creative fatality soundcard.

Thoughts?
    Decent for games; slightly better for games than the ASUS Xonar-cards, whom in turn excel far more in music/movies than X-fi does in games.
    The Sennheiser HD555 is a very nice quality in sound, and they can be modded to be open (ie, mod them into the more expensive HD558).

15+ Year Old Account

Thoughts?
    If you mean the Sennheiser HD555, I COMPLETELY recommend them. Best headphones I've ever used, however it's not a headset, so no mic.

For keyboard I use the Logitech G15 and I love it, so I'd recommend a logitech gaming keyboard.

Both have lasted me over 4 years now.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 11:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    The Sennheiser HD555 is a very nice quality in sound, and they can be modded to be open (ie, mod them into the more expensive HD558).
    What exactly is "open"? I have the HD555, so you've got me curious :P
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2011-11-17 at 10:34 PM.

Deleted
    If you want sound quality just skip the soundcard and get a DAC/AMP Combo - Nowadays they go for 50 up to 500+ Quid, but you wont notice the difference with a lower-end device if your headphones dont also match the price range of the DAC. Benefits : Motherboard/CPU noise removed, Much more power then a soundcard (it has it's own Powesupply so make sure you have a spare socket)
    As for headphones - I'd suggest superlux 668b or fischer FA-011 if you dont want the dac/got the moolah for it with a pair of akg velour pads - Great set of headphones with a cheap on-desk mic.
    Only issue with having a dac is that you can no longer use a headset - the cables are terribly inconvenient ( Headphones go into DAC Jack, Mic goes into PC )

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    What exactly is "open"? I have the HD555, so you've got me curious :P
    Oh, I see I mistyped 558 when I meant 595.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvQ8PzBrHXE Is a tutorial how to.

"Closed" means that it doesn't let in sound from your surroundings at all, and it doesn't leak sound to others.
    "Open" means that the sound will leak out, and also that your surroundings might hear you slightly. On the other hand, the soundimage gets improved, and will be richer and more full. And will appear less "closed-in" as well.

Deleted
    Is the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound card enough to get the most out of the HD555's?

- Blegh. I'm not sure if I want open headphones.
    Last edited by mmoccbe5f2e3ca; 2011-11-18 at 10:11 AM.

Is the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Sound card enough to get the most out of the HD555's?

- Blegh. I'm not sure if I want open headphones.
    Open give better sound. I prefer them for quality, but I can certainly see why one would want closed. Open does help the ears breathe, further elongating the time you can wear them.

Also, "the most" is subjective. But without going further into audiophiliac terms, Yes would suffice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Oh, I see I mistyped 558 when I meant 595.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvQ8PzBrHXE Is a tutorial how to.

"Closed" means that it doesn't let in sound from your surroundings at all, and it doesn't leak sound to others.
    "Open" means that the sound will leak out, and also that your surroundings might hear you slightly. On the other hand, the soundimage gets improved, and will be richer and more full. And will appear less "closed-in" as well.
    ok thanks, will look into this.