Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hi there! I've found Mionelol's guide that is somewhat out of date, but it's relevant to her being in WOTLK, lvl 80. So you could use this old guide to see what could be done at level 80.

Though, as pointed out earlier, blood DKs have gone through major buffs since then and could be capable of much more even now. Hope this is helpful!

http://blog.mionelol.net/2010/07/lon...-diary_08.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! I'll read thru it.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remember, back then there was no mastery, and rune generation was significantly different compared to what it is now. You can just try wotlk normal dungeons, then the easier heroics (Violet hold, Nexus etc) and work up from there. If you have enough mastery (and you should, nothing else is that strong at level 80 don't gem anything else unless you absolutely have to), you should be taking next to zero physical damage, which allows you to survive pretty much indefinitely (magic attacks are rarely an issue in wotlk, outside of some bosses).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Just remember, back then there was no mastery, and rune generation was significantly different compared to what it is now. You can just try wotlk normal dungeons, then the easier heroics (Violet hold, Nexus etc) and work up from there. If you have enough mastery (and you should, nothing else is that strong at level 80 don't gem anything else unless you absolutely have to), you should be taking next to zero physical damage, which allows you to survive pretty much indefinitely (magic attacks are rarely an issue in wotlk, outside of some bosses).
    I'm actually trying to get my parry and dodge as close to 25% each as possible (currently 21.84% dodge, 23.18% parry and 24.93 mastery). Gave a shot to H DTK, Novos got me to under 1% -still need to work on defensive CDs more properly), and my only death happened on King Dred cause I focused on him instead of the adds (plus that annoying fear).
    The other problem I'm finding is rune management, I sometimes find myself with no ability to use cause all is on CD.

Update: H nexus done.
    Last edited by Anyankha; 2011-11-24 at 07:37 PM.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Hey Guys, I’ve decided to take it upon myself to turn this into a rough compendium on soloable bosses. This is just a laundry list of soloable content, which I hope other newbies such as myself can use as a checklist to explore old content.

If possible, I’d like to know any possible talent specs (if not the usual lichborne one) we need for soloing (or that is best for soloing purposes).

Also, any racials that might help soloing. Though based on responses, it doesn’t seem like it does.

Fights are rated on a 1-5 scale, 5 being hardest. I used Mionelol’s guide for this, so all credit is hers. I only singled out particularly difficult bosses that might need special consideration due to mechanics and such. The rest should be tank n’ spank.

Gear levels should be JP level gear or higher (>359ish) With 4.3, This shouldn’t be an issue at all.

1. Pre-BC raids:
    • Everything except Razorgore/Vaelstraz in BWL, twin emperors in AQ40. Should be trivial.
    2. BC raids:
    • Kara (all trivial)
    • Magtheridon
    • Doom Lord Kazzak / Doomwalker
    • Gruul's lair (All)
    - High King Maulgar 2.5/5
    • Serpentshrine Cavern (All)
    - Lady Vashj 4/5 difficulty
    • Tempest Keep – The Eye (all)
    - Kael’thas 3.4/5
    • Black Temple
    - Supremus, Shade of Akama, Teron Gorefiend, Mother Shahraz trivial
    - Najentus can be done by a night elf using shadowmeld, otherwise impossible
    - Gurtogg Bloodboil doable but with special strat
    - Illidari Council – 2/5
    - Illidan 3/5 needs knowledge of strat, but with current gear can be easily downed before his Shadow Demon phase.
    • ZA (all)
    • Sunwell plateau:
    - Felmyst, Eredar twins, M’uru and Kiljaeden should be doable with ^359 gear
    - Brutallus and Kalecgos not soloable so far
    - Eredar twins might need some practice
    • Mount Hyjal (all)
    - For a few rough guides, see http://www.wowhead.com/zone=3606#comments:40

3. Wotlk raids (10-man):
    • Vault of Archavon
    • Naxx: All but Gluth (impossible)/Thaddius (Razuvious and 4H only done on beta, Raz probably not doable on live atm) Edit: all doable!
    • Sarth no drakes (Tenebron not soloable due to fight mechanics)
    • All of Ulduar but Thorim (impossible due to mechanics) and Hodir (enrage currently issue)Edit: Thorim & Hodir doable Freya HM
    • New Onyxia
    • ICC: Marrowgar, deathwhisper (some russian DK did it), Blood Princes, Valthira Dreamwalker (only doable by Draenei with bugged racial), Rotface, Professor Putricide (very buggy), Sindragosa HM, Lich King
    • The Nexus: The Eye of Eternity (Malygos)

4. Stuff not done yet that is probably doable at some point this expansion:
    - Festergut
    - Assorted 25-man versions of some bosses where enrage is not an issue
    - 10-man Omnotron, Halfus Wyrmbreaker (only with certain drakes), Valiona and Theralion, Ascendant Council may be doable at the very end of the expansion in the absolute top end of gear, since there's no fight mechanics that make them technically impossible

Impossible for a DK to ever solo due to mechanics / whatever
    - Razorgore
    - Kalecgos
    - Tenebron (thus Sarth + 3) Edit: Possibly a DPS race
    - Gluth Edit: Possibly a DPS race
    - Algalon the Observer (will cast 700K damage aoe when you reach 4 stack phase punch and noone is in combat with him)
    - Valthira Dreamwalker w/o Draenei racial
    - Halion
    - Magmaw, Chimaeron, Conclave of Wind

Looking forward to anyone who can add and/or edit the list, especially with regards to bolded part (especially with new gear now).

Credits and Thanks to!
    Libretto for the bulk of the list, from official forums
    Braindwen
    Mionelol’s soloing blog (blog.mionelol.net), which I used as a reference for difficulty
    Shifuren for providing some gear levels we can use to estimate if can solo.
    I was wondering on how the solo of Vashj in SSC worked due to the mechanics of the tainted core. Also I'm curious at how much dps would the blood deathknight need to be doing to beat the enrage on Malygos. Thanks in advance.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I was wondering on how the solo of Vashj in SSC worked due to the mechanics of the tainted core. Also I'm curious at how much dps would the blood deathknight need to be doing to beat the enrage on Malygos. Thanks in advance.
    100% credits to Mionelol's blog again, and google translate (it's French). It's quite a usable trnslation. (Stuff = gear level, i think, Start = Strategy or difficulty level). Note also she did give it 4.5 stars - the hardest boss she's soloed. By comparison, Lich King was 3.5

Lady Vashj: (with special Lichborne required!)
    Stuff: 3.5/5 stars
    Start: 4.5 / 5 stars.

Very simple strategy if you think just like that, but in practice enforcement is a perfectionist, and definitely not forgive mistakes.
    p1: tank heal dps
    p2: The basic water will run toward pop and Vashj without doing anything. If they reach Lady Vashj, they buff the 5% dmg for p3. Said like that's all stupid, but that's what will make you wipe; It can stack 99 times, and I was not able to kill Vashj if it rises above 65 before the p3 (ca has the huge air, but it goes so fast solo ..)
    The basic poison (green water, whatever.'re On WoW.) Will pop occasionally. They will not budge from their position of pop, will you throw bolt of poison. Once dead you can loot an item that disables one of the top four levels which Vashj was attached to the beginning of Phase 2. you must disable 4. Problem: the basic Depop very quickly if they are not killed (and completely respawn elsewhere)
    Naga will pop, come and hit you. They do nothing special, except for something very boring - a knee-breaker. In other words, it makes the pursuit of basic hazardous if you do not kill them quickly.
    Tips on all legs are ugly pop, come and hit you. They will have a constant fear around them that those who spend melee. So you must fear the AMS, and kill them in 7 Seconds for the duration of AMS, and / or Lichborne if you can not do so quickly.

The strategy is to go around in circles around Vashj on p2, by not letting any water elemental. Except:
    - Comes in a melee naga: give up everything and destroy it. It sounds silly, but it just goes one knee breaks and tons of basic water pass. It is better to let the temsp 2 or 3 to kill the naga, than to pass up even more.
    - A basic pop poison: give up everything (including the Naga), and go for it if you're on the right side. You must IMMEDIATELY spot, be constantly on the lookout for poison bolts flying (you will know that the indication for which it pop). Go on, the loot, go back, right click on one of the towers.
    - Sometimes a strider in melee: same as the naga, with AMS and / or Lichborne and more.

It seems like that says any con but it is more difficult in reality. If you are too far from the basic poison, or if you have taken a knee breaker, or if you have noticed too late - do not push your luck, and do not go. We must know your limits. if you go and the mob Depop under your nose, you missed a dozen basic water for nothing.

p3: Vashj with 60-70 stacks. It will be extremely difficult, not with his blows in melee (~ 20k, fairly easy to treat) but with the Static Shock (Shock one that hurts, and as a bonus stun you for 5 seconds). Should be used preemptively CD, and unfortunately for that I have no advice to give. Only the feeling - you need to know in your little head when the snap, by yourself. (Like the boss it's been a long time he has not cast a Shock, I feel he will make one there. I hop cd. Ottoman, bingo.)
    Otherwise, tank dps heal. Some areas on the ground, get out quickly, but they do no damage anyway (level 70 resist =)

Source: http://translate.googleusercontent.c...i1ImXB5eGSp0wg

Not a solo kill but... I managed to 4 man algalon without a healer this week, few 391 pieces, but mostly t11 gear. Pretty sure it was done before though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx50Cu7AX-Q

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Not a solo kill but... I managed to 4 man algalon without a healer this week, few 391 pieces, but mostly t11 gear. Pretty sure it was done before though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx50Cu7AX-Q
    Well...he was 4 manned at 80... so nothing really intresting here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf6Mj3LtxQI
    Last edited by shifuren; 2011-11-25 at 08:52 PM.

razuvious has been done on live (by me) before 4.2 and after.

the 4.3 changes should probably make my current project doable - iron council steelbreaker last. currently impossible to outheal the P2 damage though I got brundir to 22% after killing molgiem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shifuren View Post
    Well...he was 4 manned at 80... so nothing really intresting here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf6Mj3LtxQI
    Heh, been 2manning it without a healer for a few weeks now, ret + blood works extremely well.

Hey guys, I'm just wondering if you DK soloists use full DPS gear/full tank gear/a mix based on certain stats?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    Hey guys, I'm just wondering if you DK soloists use full DPS gear/full tank gear/a mix based on certain stats?

Thanks.
    Personally, when I solo anything, whether it be a 70, 80 raid or a heroic, I go with full tanking gear (but I'm a raider, so good tanking gear is easy to get). I might not do as much damage, but I'm virtually unkillable.

The only time I switch out to dps is if the fight is a dps race where my survival depends on burning him down fast (like ZA before the new dungeons dropped).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post

Thanks.
    As I understand it, you'll want to hit/exp cap (was partly for not missing heals, but with 4.3 that's a moot point), and then go for strength>haste=mastery>crit. Haste and mastery are very close when soloing, since your only form of self-healing is your own, you'll want to maximise your rune regen to increase the number of death strikes you can cast. This of course varies depending on the fight, if you're fighting a specific boss that requires a large amount of melee absorption (Deathbringer Saurfang), you'll want to get more mastery. The advantage of haste is that you get a large amount of dps from it, and quite a nice amount of survival aswell.

Trinkets that change procced stat (Such as the Apparatus of Khaz'goroth), have honourable mention as they can be turned into survival cooldowns if you get your gear to proc mastery, or damage cooldowns if you can get them to proc haste.

t12 dps and tank 2sets are nice to have, as you get free RP (more rune strikes -> more runes via RE -> more death strikes), and the tank one is a flat 400dps, which you can activate by taunting (mimiron p3 & p4, decent for ranged targets). Gems are usually strength, but can be stamina in certain scenarios for increased healing.

Awesome, thanks!

So, some new things here Ulduar10 HMs\achievements almost cleared solo, only Levi+4\Hodir HM\some achiev on council remains
    I choose you, steelbreaker http://i.imgur.com/I9cRf.jpg It was done by a hunter before, but i believe this is Dk first.
    Firefighter aka Mimiron HM http://i.imgur.com/F8leB.jpg
    I'll upload videos a bit later, too lazy now
    http://www.youtube.com/user/shifuren
    /wave Mione
    Last edited by shifuren; 2011-12-27 at 10:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I may be wrong, but I'm sure Mione has out DPS'd both Twin Emp and Gluth heals for solo kills.

Edit: RoS is also doable in Black Temple, requires an Unholy spec.
    Last edited by Northern Goblin; 2011-12-28 at 02:31 AM.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

I can confirm that all of Naxx10 (including achievements) are soloable by Blood.
    Might have a hack at 25 man next week.

EDIT: Realised I didn't put much additional info in here.
    Every boss was tanked in DPS gear except Raz and Patchwerk where I used some tank trinkets with on use effects for surviving burst. Gluth and 4H are just DPS checks. Ironically, I found Raz the hardest of them.

EDIT #2: And yes, Twin Emps is quite easily soloable now with Dragon Soul DPS gear. Downed them in just under 10 minutes last week, haven't tried this week with my new DPS gear.
    Last edited by Wih; 2011-12-28 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wih View Post
    I can confirm that all of Naxx10 (including achievements) are soloable by Blood.
    Might have a hack at 25 man next week.

EDIT: Realised I didn't put much additional info in here.
    Every boss was tanked in DPS gear except Raz and Patchwerk where I used some tank trinkets with on use effects for surviving burst. Gluth and 4H are just DPS checks. Ironically, I found Raz the hardest of them.

EDIT #2: And yes, Twin Emps is quite easily soloable now with Dragon Soul DPS gear. Downed them in just under 10 minutes last week, haven't tried this week with my new DPS gear.
    Naxx25 solo 11\15 atm, Patchwerk is huge dps check, gluth & thaddius impossible now, and Raz maybe doable in good gear

The first three bosses of VoA are fine to solo. Frost boss I haven't figured out a way to drop stacks (haven't tried too hard tho to be honest, I'm sure there's a way), so I get gibbed at about 75%.

I may have missed it in this discussion, but what would the preferred Runeforge be for this type of stuff? Parry, spell dmg reduction, or heal/STR?