Poll: Going to heal in ToR?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

There's going to be a healer shortage in ToR

Just wanted to add this;

Anyway, I'm calling it now. Its going to be hard finding healers in this game until they release the dual spec option. Anyone here thinking about healing in ToR? If you are, please discuss why you want to heal. If you're not healing, discuss why you feel that healing is not for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends of how healing works in the game. I enjoy healing more than tanking and dpsing, so I go for those types of classes generally. As long as the game is balanced around all roles having the same interaction and engagement, then things will be find.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    I heal, friend tanks, its always been like that for me

10+ Year Old Account
    the NDA is preventing me from expressing how healing is. so blame the NDA.

I've played every class of healer in WOW at max level and I plan on doing the same in TOR. When playing a class in wow that can only DPS I feel like I'm at the mercy of other players so I'm going to gravitate towards the advanced classes that at least have a tanking or healing tree in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the overall population, yeah, there will be. My main worry, in my guild at least, is that we have too many people wanting to tank. Lol

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    In the overall population, yeah, there will be. My main worry, in my guild at least, is that we have too many people wanting to tank. Lol
    Yeah. A LOT of people want to tank in SWTOR. Quite a reversal from WoW. I think its because Troopers and Bounty Hunters can tank.

And of course, who doesn't want to be a Jedi tank?

i'm going to be a Sith Inquisitor healer, I think players will be forced to go heals just like they do in WoW. there's always a shortage in guilds and some members have to sacrifice roles to progress imo

Being a healer isn't like what you're used too.

Companions are better dps than people think, especially if geared correctly.

I've found in numerous MMO's that I can level at a consistently faster pace, if I roll a class than can heal (while in combat) and dps.

The last reasons are, my wife likes to and is a good tank and I'd rather the success of a group fall to our capable hands than some fool who is dps spec'd, in dps gear, that is trying to fill the role of a tank / healer.

From what we have seen on the preview movies healers don't just stand there and heal, they DPS a bit.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    i'll be healin ya trolls. no need to worry.

haha same with my clan

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main is gonna be a BH Bodygaurd so I'll be healing like normal =)

And as said above I cant talk more indepth about healing in TOR bc of the NDA so yeah.....

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect a somewhat similar situation to WoW. Only with 25 to 50 percent more tanks due to being able to PvP as one and the force charge and huge gun options =)

Although the same may apply to healers, I saw a lot of them dps as IAs and Troopers while healing. The gameplay seems a tad more compelling for healers in TOR than in WoW. But that's just at first glance maybe, the gameplay will tell.

It certainly is visually more stylish/badass, however =)

I do plan to heal as IA btw (my second planned char).
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-11-16 at 11:51 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

I plan on healing, while my roommate plans to tank. While leveling I won't be taking strictly healing talents, as that would be silly. A combination of healing and damage talents until I reach a certain level, then respec into a proper healing spec. Would go into more, but NDA and whatnot prevents it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In one sense I'm okay with scarcity of healing and tanking. Especially at the outset of a MMO. What it means is that youll have to network and find people. The feeling of community within a server keeps getting kicked in the nuts in other mmo games and Id like to think that finding people who will play rolls that are scarce will require you to network. The risk of course is that it can be difficulty to get groups and find people to run things with. I'm curious as to how they'll offset this. It may in the end encourage people to level a class that can heal, simply because of the scarcity. Either way I will likely be rolling a healer when the game releases.

Speaking of healing etc - the lack of the standard 'holy trinity' is one of things I'm looking forward to most with Guild Wards II. If it's done right, the breaking of that mold will be a breath of fresh air in a MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallanon View Post
    Speaking of healing etc - the lack of the standard 'holy trinity' is one of things I'm looking forward to most with Guild Wards II. If it's done right, the breaking of that mold will be a breath of fresh air in a MMO.
    I haven't seen the higher level content, but the lower level content turns the lack of healers/tanks into a "ZERG EET!!!" kind of deal.

Maybe I'm just too used to the old approach but I have a hard time imagining how one could break that mold in a creative way that avoids zerg tacs w/o putting in simply colossal effort into encounters and not sacrificing other facets of development to it time-wise.

I haven't seen much of the game though, so I'll confess that I'm not an expert on the matter by any means.

The main reason for which I'll pick up GW2 is the PvP. That'll decide it all for me. If it's good, I'll keep playing.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

And of course, who doesn't want to be a Jedi tank?
    Those who want to DPS? In the same vein I expect most Smugglers to be Gunslingers and very few going the Scoundrel way.
    By the way, I've seen quite a few posts of peeps who are interested in Consular healing, so who knows.

I'll play a Healer (Scoundrel). That was my plan from the start, I had read opinions here and there and I thought it was interesting.

Personally I'd expect the role balance to be the same as WoW.
    Last edited by Andeus; 2011-11-17 at 12:15 AM.

From my experience talking with healers in the beta weekend healing is VERY difficult, hell one compared it to useing plastic wrap to plug a hole in a boat. From what I saw healing was almost inneffectual in pvp and for flashpoints healers would OOF every other pull and would often OOF about halfway into boss fights.