Poll: Going to heal in ToR?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    nah.. im a dps guy

Doesn't look like there will be a shortage of healers...from this tiny sample poll...

But disregarding that, I'll heal enough for 5 people, soooo, I got this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    The OLD republic? Most people seem to grasp it pretty easily, even if the small "o" isn't "of".
    The point he's making is that people are so used to making the o small from WoW since it's "of" that they're bringing it over to TOR, when it doesn't make sense when it's used with TOR. Sure, you can still understand it, but it's wrong.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I haven't followed TOR that closely so perhaps they already have this coming but from the beta I saw nothing about some type of dual spec. If they don't offer this from the start then its a huge mistake on Bioware's part. If WoW has taught us anything, it's that tank/healer shortage was a big issues. Even with dual spec, dps often find themselves in 30+ minutes dungeon que's unless they have a tank/healer friend or guildy. There is nothing fun about sitting around spamming, "Need tank and healer for BT." Everyone of my toons has one spec designed how I want to play and another for a role that needs to be filled. Its going to be a farse fest looking for tanks when everybody is going to want to be a dps. The combat system is so sluggish regardless I just don't see this MMO doing well. It's borderline turn based. Guild Wars 2 is taking a very smart approach to their MMO. No tanks, No healers, and a fluid combat system very similar to WoW's. At least someone can pickup on changes that need to be made.

Deleted
    On WoW's PTR there's usually lack of healers in new LFR thingy aswell (instead of tanks). Just saying.

No dual spec
    no add on
    no @mouseover macro
    click to heal healing is about all you got on that UI they have

So yes OP you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    No dual spec
    no add on
    no @mouseover macro
    click to heal healing is about all you got on that UI they have

So yes OP you are correct
    I recommend a training regimen of Starcraft 2 to get ready for all the mouse movement in TOR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    On WoW's PTR there's usually lack of healers in new LFR thingy aswell (instead of tanks). Just saying.
    the lfr finder gets 7 healers for a 25man, when this entire expansion no one has used more than 5 except on pre nerf omnotron herioc. could be one problem. Let alone healing is actually more boring than ever.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 05:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    I recommend a training regimen of Starcraft 2 to get ready for all the mouse movement in TOR!
    same movement as wow healing just with more clicks thats all realy.

Every poll on the official forums that can be accessed by the general populace has shown this to be false.

As for polls on the beta forums where people are a bit more informed, well, NDA enforcement around these parts doesn't allow me to say.

Hell, I hit no on this poll but I'll certainly do the occasional offhealing/backup healing when the shit hits the fan.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will not heal off the bat. Second Character though.

With the exception of the lack of healing tools listed (which didnt exist back in vanilla anyway), I'm yet to see a solid point as to why tOR will struggle for healers and not tanks when WoW is the other way around?

Good thing I plan to heal, as the exact class in the comic too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    No healers here...I'm dont know why, but I just cant heal for the life of me...tanking and DpS here.
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

many classes can off-heal or support in a fashion without a total healing spec. which allows for few dedicated healers needed. this is merely what i have been told by those testing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    that comic expresses my feeling when I played an agent, so funny
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't heal. I never heal. I just want to smash motherfuckers

I like healing, I'm fairly new at it, only been doing it for a year or so. But I will def. start out as a healer i ToR, if I dont like it I'll prolly go melee dd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heal in wow & aion & enjoy it, but I buy SWTOR for dual bladed lightsaberz!!!! so no not this time! Mayyyybe after my main but ill see to it

10+ Year Old Account
    I might heal if I see a shortage of healers
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I'll heal if there's ever an Arena-style rating system. 2v2, 3v3 and that stuff. If not, I'll stay DPS on my Trooper.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.