Game time buyable in-store?

Hi guys,

As I'm a minor and I'm not allowed to have or use a credit card legally (or any other form except the long-process paypal), I usually prefer buying physical copies of games and game time as I can drive to the local Best Buy and do what I need to do. That's what I've been doing for WoW & LoL for the past 5 years.

After spending a few weekends playing the SWTOR beta, I'm really into it and it's a fabulous game, and I really want to play but I'm not sure if game time will be buyable in-store. Any input on that?

Thank you,
    Chicken

10+ Year Old Account
    if not at launch i expect them to be implemented before month 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

Your a minor and you've been driving for 5 years? What country is that?

It's going to depend how BioWare enforces their limited subscriber launch I guess.. also right before Christmas I imagine it's going to be hard to get a box if you didn't preorder.

WoW Vanilla was like that too, but that was also before digital downloads, and they couldn't print enough boxes or duplicate the original disks fast enough to keep up with demand.

For game time, I imagine there is a healthy demand for prepaid cards (and they make good gifts too). I'd be surprised if they were not for sale by local retailers.

From the preorder FAQ:

You can use your PayPal account to pay for your monthly subscription. You can also purchase 60-day pre-paid subscription cards through your preferred video game retailer.

Ok heres what you do
    1: go to walmart and get a preloadable "credit card"
    2: Use the cash you were going to use to buy the game and put it on the card instead.
    3: Buy the digital copy and anything else you need to make your game experience what you want it to be.
    4: reload the card at the apropriate time
    5: repeat steps and never worry about it again.

Doesnt have to be walmart, really jsut a blue dot card vendor and reload site. But walmart is the cheapest at 3$ per reload and 3$ per month, well worth it imo, hope this helped.
    Last edited by Dr420; 2011-11-17 at 01:54 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    From the preorder FAQ:
    You can use your PayPal account to pay for your monthly subscription. You can also purchase 60-day pre-paid subscription cards through your preferred video game retailer.
    Why can't I vote up great posts like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll be able to buy the equivalent of WoW time cards, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    Your a minor and you've been driving for 5 years? What country is that?
    Canada. I've been driving for 3 years and still a minor. But yea you get my point lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    60 days game card should be available at release where they should sell the game.
    (cant link since its on support forum for the beta but anyway its nothing that should be a breach)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr420 View Post
    Ok heres what you do
    1: go to walmart and get a preloadable "credit card"
    2: Use the cash you were going to use to buy the game and put it on the card instead.
    3: Buy the digital copy and anything else you need to make your game experience what you want it to be.
    4: reload the card at the apropriate time
    5: repeat steps and never worry about it again.
    While it would be a hindrance to the OP, there really needs to be an age requirement to purchase these pre-load credit cards, as many internet services use them as verification of age being 18 or older since you will not be issued a credit card by Visa, MasterCard, etc if you are not 18.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Like with every other mmo you will be able to buy a game time card.
    Signature by Eruionmel!