Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uplatewithnomate View Post
    i don't mean to be annoying here but they hadn't learned the secret of the atom yet and all they had was oil grenades i'd imagine, techincally the world will end as science knows it in a supernova and us ending with it. though i do agree there had always been doom mongers.
    By the time a supernova kills us, assuming we exist for that amount of time (I believe that is in 5 billion years, correct?), I SINCERELY hope humanity has gained the ability to establish colonies in different solar systems and such, or even create planets for crying out loud. I doubt the sun going out will be what kills us because by that point we probably won't even be on Earth anymore, but there is still a point in time where the entire universe will probably go dark, but maybe we will be able to create our own stars, heh.

The media always has bad things to say, or it wouldn't be interesting to watch. They have always had debbie downer things to say for years and years. The country gonna ruin? Nah.. as long as Obama doesn't get back in there again. We need someone that will quit the spending and go back to creating jobs in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the most that can be done is be prepared and help the people closest to you, literally and figuratively.

Stock up on all the food you can, even water, and keep it where you can access it. Get to know your neighbors a bit more, and prepare each other for if something does happen.

Truly, I believe in the same points, I believe the country is in decline, and it will just get steeper and steeper. Not just America too, it almost seems as if the entire world is going into a collapse. Even though it is still good to keep up with all the stories, news, and biases, don't let things that are out of your control affect you too much, just be prepared for it.

All you can do is hope and prepare.

Well, it is not hard at all to predict what future will look like.

First of all, you should not worry about fuel. Its not your problem. Your country is powerfull enough to take as much fuel as needed by force. It is rude, but you should be somewhat proud of it.

Second - you should not worry about the future of energy. It is just matter of time to stop using oil. There are a lot of options avialable right now, and there will be even more in 100+ years when oil reserves will come to the end. Again, its not your problem. Unless you are going to become scientist and solve this problem ofc.

Third - you should not worry about the future of mankind. I guess its obvious that in 500 years average american will be black, narrow-eyed and will profess islam. Well, not even average american, average man in the world will look like this. There will be no white people, sorry. There will be world government, there will be no wars except civil wars, there will be strong security in most of the countries, and living in cities will be very safe. There will be birth control, so you should not worry about resources. You will have to work for one of the few huge corporations to be successfull, but you would not even know that it can be different. Your "brainscore" will be measured and you will be assigned where and what to study and where to work right after your birth. Your life will be pretty simple and stright. There will be a lot of entertainment around, so you will be pretty happy as well.

Thats it. Very simple. And as you can see, there is nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by traen; 2011-11-21 at 07:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also media getting away with what it is today. Most of it just seems like fear mongering, and seems to harm the nation more then help (including stuff like Kardashian news and Beiber news getting importance over governmental stuff). I just see a very bleak future for the US and again I am spoiled in this country to the point where the world would be a dark place without it. Also I get my info by doing mild research while picking through media bias and hype, so its probably astray.
    Problem is the US have no independant media easily accessible. A few huge networks, all linked to a large degree to the 2-party system.
    The willingness to dig down into something sensetive (other than the occasional sexscandal) is close to zero.
    If something is found that is of a non-domestic matter the worst fear of all comes to play. Fear of being called unpatriotic.

It is so easy for media to fall back on the examples you mention, like useless crap news about Bieber and also the fear mongering.
    Due to the fact that all major media in US are non independant they thrive to be the governments lapdogs and help out with the all to obvious agenda to keep a permanent level of fear for terrorist attacks what not among the popluation.

Flood the population with doomsday scenarios and fear ---> US today.
    To put it blunt, when the hell was it okey for all but 2 presidential candidates to stand in a debate and advocate that torture should be allowed???
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Don't be so sure we would "lose" a nuclear war.
    There are no winners in an all out nuclear war , only lossers.