Poll: Poll

Thread: Gears of War 3

Gears of War 3

If you're a scrub or a fanboy of some other horrendous crap that is not wanted, do not vote. But to anyone else, do you think Gears of War 3 honestly lived up to all it's expectations unlike the atrocity that was GoW 2?

Leave detailed thoughts.

gow3 is my game of the year. gow2 was amazing dude

GoW2 was great, so I don't know where that is coming from.
    I liked it, but was a bit too easy for me. Still a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by Antti View Post
    GoW2 was great, so I don't know where that is coming from.
    I liked it, but was a bit too easy for me. Still a great game.
    Well GoW 2 had a great campaign yes. But I'm actually one of those online PVP veterans that have been playing GoW since launch. What EPIC did with the online community of GOW2 was so unspeakable I won't bring it up here, because it will be a essay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really think Gears 3 lived up to the hype. I love it. There was something about the first Gears that I will always love more. But Gears 3 really is fantastic. And I agree about the Gears 2 multiplayer. The campaign was great but the online was just...eww. They really stepped it up with Gears 3. Of course I hate the Sawed off Shotgun but it has become much easier to combat against it. I live for Gnasher battles. I love Capture the Leader and Wingman. Beast is brutal and the improvements to Horde are great. The campaign was amazing as usual. It draws you in and keeps you there until the end. You care about the fate of every single character you come in contact with. It's full of emotion and is very well written. I will probably continue to play it for many months to come and I am looking forward to future DLC.
    "Blade with whom I have lived, blade with whom I now die. Serve right and justice one last time. Seek one last heart of evil, still one last life of pain. Cut well old friend, then farewell."

Quote Originally Posted by FatikusMaximus View Post
    I really think Gears 3 lived up to the hype. I love it. There was something about the first Gears that I will always love more. But Gears 3 really is fantastic. And I agree about the Gears 2 multiplayer. The campaign was great but the online was just...eww. They really stepped it up with Gears 3. Of course I hate the Sawed off Shotgun but it has become much easier to combat against it. I live for Gnasher battles. I love Capture the Leader and Wingman. Beast is brutal and the improvements to Horde are great. The campaign was amazing as usual. It draws you in and keeps you there until the end. You care about the fate of every single character you come in contact with. It's full of emotion and is very well written. I will probably continue to play it for many months to come and I am looking forward to future DLC.
    I just don't like how EPIC treated the GoW 2 community is all. Overall, I actually liked Gears 2 online, hence me being Rank 1 for some time during early launch. The main thing I liked about GoW 2 is how it introduced me to the Hammerburst, which is now my standard gun even though its laughably horrible in GoW 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a game that was suppose to be the last of the series I think they could of added a lot more to the finished product then what they had but I still thought it was for the most part the best of the three.

I played it mainly to see how the story finished out because iv been reading the books. While i love that part i just cant get back into multiplayer like i did for gears 1. The sawed off ruined it compeltelly for me. I play alot of horde though, i like how that system worked out.