Did i intall memory wrong?

so i just finish building my system but think i installed the memory wrong. everything is working fine but im looking at cpu-z and it says its single channel?

is that right here is a picture

btw this is the ram i gt

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231428

also the speeds are off also
    thanks
    Last edited by pyrotemplar; 2011-11-23 at 05:18 PM.

Well you can't install RAM incorrectly in a motherboard as its designed to prevent it.

The speeds are fine actually. Remember, it displays the frequency at half of what it is (my RAM also operates at 1600 and CPU-Z says 800.3Mhz right now), so they're running at 1600 (798.3 x 2), which match their specs (okay they're at 1596.6, so not quite there).

As for your single channel problem, did you
    1) Install the RAM into the proper slots to enable dual-channel (check your mobo manual to see)
    2) Flash your BIOS? (updated your BIOS to the current version)

Edit:
    On a different note, your clocks are off. They're currently set at 11-11-11-28, when their specs say they operate 9-9-9-24. Its not a big deal and you can fix it in the BIOS fairly easily. But first things first.
    Last edited by muCephei; 2011-11-23 at 06:07 PM.

well in the MOBO manual it said that 2 channals were dual A1 and A2 and B1 and B2 so i put both in the B slots let me double check what it says

edit:

it says dual channel ddr3_A1 and ddr3_B1.

does that mean i need to put on in A1 and the other in B1 to get the dual channel?
    Last edited by pyrotemplar; 2011-11-23 at 05:50 PM.

I would say so yes.

awesome just did it, what a pain had to remove the cooler to get under it lol to put the ram, but know its dual just need to fix the speeds now

Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    awesome just did it, what a pain had to remove the cooler to get under it lol to put the ram, but know its dual just need to fix the speeds now
    That's great!
    If you need any more help, you know the people to ask :P