Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendoman View Post
    I refer you to the fact that LFR is much too easy, which I have mentioned in a few posts on this page. I disagree with his elitist attitude, though. Adding to the extensive list of people giving us Hcore raiders a bad name.
    Hey, I didn't say it was hard, not at all. Just saying he might want to calm down.

    I raided full time from BC through Wrath, and have been taking a break myself during Cata, raiding when I can. I like LFR's idea, and personally, the mounts isn't that awesome. At least in my eyes. I know it's a handmaiden for the Queen but... y'know, if I wanna ride a wannabe Alexstraza, I'd go write some seriously bad stories.

    Edit since spelling is hard.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephsace View Post
    Hey, I didn't say it was hard, not at all. Just saying he might want to calm down.

    I raided full time from BC through Wrath, and have been taking a break myself during Cata, raiding when I can. I like LFR's idea, and personally, don't like the new mount anyway. Looks... well... I guess it's just me.

    Edit since spelling is hard.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to come on like that :/

    Just getting a bit fed up with silly people :S

    /handshake?

  3. #63
    *handshake* And yes, there's too many silly peoples. .... That's it. Bed for me. Took about six tries to spell "silly".

  4. #64
    No non-spirit offhand? That's really great.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendoman View Post
    Sorry, I didn't mean to come on like that :/

    Just getting a bit fed up with silly people :S

    /handshake?
    /handshake.

    Bed for me. I somehow screwed up posting my response....

    DAMN YOU SPELLING!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Absynthia View Post
    No non-spirit offhand? That's really great.
    I could be wrong (and probably am, with the PTR down, I cant check for sure) - Valor points, perhaps?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendoman View Post
    Have you even tried it? Seriously?
    You can literally tank Zon'ozz, ignore the orb and burn the boss.
    Morchok's crystals hit for about 20% of your hp, with yellow beam, and his stomp is rediculously underpowered. His corruption AOE will kill you after 12 stacks.. TWELVE.
    Yorsahj needs 8-9 people to kill the correct ooze, and the only one that actually does anything is Purple/Blue
    Hagaras Ice phase.. you can kill the crystals before the walls even spawn..
    Ultraxion.. holy god.. you don't need to hit heroic will for HoT... the dps required is utterly poor
    Blackhorn.. Tuned fine.
    Spine.. Dont kill more than 1 corruption per plate = Lootchest.
    Madness.. Tuned Fine, if not a little too low hp on everything.[COLOR="red"]
    Have you tried it on live realms? Seriously? If not, then shut up because it's entirely probable Blizzard used the results of PTR testing to fine tune the difficulty. It's one of the two reasons they open the fights up on the PTR.

  8. #68
    Hmm...is Essence of Destruction from LFR correct? Can't remember if it does at this time. It'll be a couple hundred g instead of in the thousands if that's the case. Anyone remember Essences dropping from LFR?

  9. #69
    Mechagnome Tekloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Helsinki, Finland
    Posts
    515
    Just so you know, Razor Saronite Chip is linked as normal in the heroic gear list.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    Have you tried it on live realms? Seriously? If not, then shut up because it's entirely probable Blizzard used the results of PTR testing to fine tune the difficulty. It's one of the two reasons they open the fights up on the PTR.
    Sir, you have taken that directly out of context. Refer to whom it was directed to, please.

    ---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 09:41 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Hmm...is Essence of Destruction from LFR correct? Can't remember if it does at this time. It'll be a couple hundred g instead of in the thousands if that's the case. Anyone remember Essences dropping from LFR?
    Nope! It doesnt drop from LFR. Just normal/heroic - sorry

  11. #71
    I guess the armor types are a bit off at times:

    There are 2 rings with agility on it, but one is marked as ‘physical DPS’, and the other As ‘Melee’.
    And then there is this trinket called ‘wrath of unchaining’, that gives you 88 agi, and stacks up for 10 times. I realise this is usable by druid tanks, but I suppose rogues, cat druids, hunters and maybe enh shaman could make better use of it, and it should then be under the category ‘physical DPS’

    Second thing that I see is that there is not much diversity in loot drops. For rogues only the shoulders seem to be a real choice (regular drop vs T13)
    There are 2 pairs of boots, but one is for combat spec mainly, while the other is suited better for assasination spec.
    But since all tier pieces drop from the bosses, it is not that surprising.

    I do miss a necklace for a lot of roles. So I do hope they will include a decent on through valor points and that the valor point loot is on par with the tier loot.


    Edit: wall of text reversed...
    Edit 2: Oh and can we please ignore this Jaylock guy, I have the feeling the only thing he wants to do is causing a flamewar.
    Last edited by patcherke; 2011-11-17 at 08:44 AM.

  12. #72
    4.4 will be the final patch with "Big suprises" if i remember right. not 4.3. Its just the final raid tier.

  13. #73
    One thing to keep in mind about LFR on the PTR is that pretty much anyone on the PTR who wants to will get in. People that have never even ran an instance could theoretically have copied a premade character there to queue for LFR. On Live I'd assume that they'd put in an ilvl restriction. At the very least, to meet that requirement, people should have gained some idea of how to play their characters since they would have (at least theoretically) leveled up their characters and ran heroics to gear up. This is not to say that LFR won't be a painful experience on Live but it could very well be that it is not tuned as much as it would be on Live because Blizz might have anticipated the scenario I hypothesized earlier. Maybe they'll tune it up? Hard to say. As it currently stands it does feel on the easy side, but maybe that's just because if they didn't undertune it it would've just been impossible for any groups to test it at all. I did notice that some of the mechanics are completely removed from the LFR versions, i.e. right now LFR Spine of Deathwing doesn't seem to have the Barrel Roll mechanic built in at all. It's really such a shame since that is a fun part of the encounter to anchor oneself watch the clouds and surroundings flip around and the adds fly off.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    What a crap loot, 3 str trinkets and only 1 agi one...

    Who is doing the loot at bliz because he sure fucked up there.
    There are 3 agility trinkets... look again >.>

  15. #75
    Hmmm... missing a decent 2H tanking weap for my DK..... Yes there's one that has some mastery; but it also has crit and a red socket.. Sofar all 2H melee weapons are DPS in essence, would like to see a Mastery + Dodge mace or something that has a nice e.g. MaxHP aoe buff for 3 other players (like a lot of other weaps have).. Go-go blizz add something ;-)

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerrielin View Post
    One thing to keep in mind about LFR on the PTR is that pretty much anyone on the PTR who wants to will get in. People that have never even ran an instance could theoretically have copied a premade character there to queue for LFR. On Live I'd assume that they'd put in an ilvl restriction. At the very least, to meet that requirement, people should have gained some idea of how to play their characters since they would have (at least theoretically) leveled up their characters and ran heroics to gear up. This is not to say that LFR won't be a painful experience on Live but it could very well be that it is not tuned as much as it would be on Live because Blizz might have anticipated the scenario I hypothesized earlier. Maybe they'll tune it up? Hard to say. As it currently stands it does feel on the easy side, but maybe that's just because if they didn't undertune it it would've just been impossible for any groups to test it at all. I did notice that some of the mechanics are completely removed from the LFR versions, i.e. right now LFR Spine of Deathwing doesn't seem to have the Barrel Roll mechanic built in at all. It's really such a shame since that is a fun part of the encounter to anchor oneself watch the clouds and surroundings flip around and the adds fly off.
    This person speaks the truth. Read ^^^^^^ <3

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgiest View Post
    Why do you think Blizz came out with raid finder? So millions of people could actually see end game content and still have a life.
    Man comments like these make my head hurt. I'm sorry but if you couldn't manage to raid at all without the LFR tool then you probably shouldn't be playing an MMO. With how short and easy todays raids are you have no excuse of claiming only those with no life can see all the content. And I'm only talking about normal modes. The issue is seeing the content not getting the best loots so heroic doesn't matter.

    I find time to clear normal Firelands on multiple alts each week and each full run takes a handful of hours only. If you can't spare 3 to 4 hours a week to raid then why bother playing this game. I mean really?

    Also I do think it's lame to offer normal modes an uglier version of the Life-Binder mount. Part of what makes Mimiron's Head, and Invincible so special is how hard it was to get them. I never got one sadly, but I'm not complaining about that. There should be two mounts really, one for the heroic final boss, and one for doing the raid achievement for said zone.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    What a crap loot, 3 str trinkets and only 1 agi one...

    Who is doing the loot at bliz because he sure fucked up there.
    What are you stupid?

    There;s 3 agility ones too.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Oztington View Post
    so... LFR doesnt get the mount... wtf
    God I hope you're joking...

  20. #80
    One cloth item with spirit, can't be the final list, can it ?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •