Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What reasons do blizzard have for making mages the way they are?

What justification is there to mages with their current state in the game?

Deleted
    Balancing classes isnt easy.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    with the new talent changes for 5.0, mages are gona have to pick between cone of cold and ring of frost. i just got my mage to 85 and started pvping so i might not be as smart as the others but i would bet that almost any are gona take cone of cold vs ring of frost. thats one major cd gone from their bag of tricks lol
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

what justification do you have for not being able to kill a mage in their weakest state since the game has been released?

ohhh another forum to QQ about mages , why do we get all the hate because we hit hard? look at warlocks / Rshams before u QQ about us . Lets take a look at blizzcon tourney! if were so broken and OP wouldnt we have been as present as warlock / shaman / X ? nope so mr.warrior / feral / Insert melle class here / save ur QQ and just learn to beat us not qq about us

Please pass the blunt bro. To be that delusional you have to be on something serious.

"Get a dispel bot."
    "Game is not balanced around 1v1."

and similar nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolwindfury View Post
    Please pass the blunt bro. To be that delusional you have to be on something serious.
    Who me or the OP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple, I play a warrior.

I hope a mod closes this thread i dont know why people cant post in one of the other 10000x QQ about mage threads , if they would actually read some of them maybe they would learn why we have the ablities we do

TLDR We are the train target no matter what so take away our defensive cds and we will die faster then anything

Quote Originally Posted by chukabi View Post
    spell reflect is your friend. don't be afraid to use it.

Having played all of the melee classes in a competitive state, (2400+) as well as having played a mage at 2600 this season I can safely say mage's are by no means balanced, but to complain about the mage's imbalances would be like looking at a tree with many different rotten apples on it, taking one, and going WHY THE FUCK IS THIS APPLE SO ROTTEN. This game is no where even closed to balanced. Mage's have their problems, as do ferals, death knights, resto shamans, disc priests, and many other seemingly "Competitive" classes.

Quote Originally Posted by chukabi View Post
    Do i get a prize for guessing what class u played , iv met a few good warriors who actually can give me a close run for my money u just gotta kno when to charge - throw me down - spell reflect and when to pop reck bladestorm its all about knowing ur f*cking class not about how broke or OP another one is this game isnt balanced around 1v1 i gurantee if u had a healer with u you wouldnt QQ as much. but since u dont kno how to beat a mage ud rather cry and rant about them rather then actually learning what other warriors are doing. So just learn to play or stop the QQ

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler does the balancing, Ghostcrawler plays a mage.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 09:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dugler View Post
    Do i get a prize for guessing what class u played , iv met a few good warriors who actually can give me a close run for my money u just gotta kno when to charge - throw me down - spell reflect and when to pop reck bladestorm its all about knowing ur f*cking class not about how broke or OP another one is this game isnt balanced around 1v1 i gurantee if u had a healer with u you wouldnt QQ as much. but since u dont kno how to beat a mage ud rather cry and rant about them rather then actually learning what other warriors are doing. So just learn to play or stop the QQ
    No offence then but you're doing it wrong, a good mage decimates a warrior with ease, spell reflect does next to nothing as well unless they get it with a deep freeze but if you're decent then you know when they will use it. Oh and if you play it right you will be able to iceblock bladestorm.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Ghostcrawler does the balancing, Ghostcrawler plays a mage.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 09:50 PM ----------

No offence then but you're doing it wrong, a good mage decimates a warrior with ease, spell reflect does next to nothing as well unless they get it with a deep freeze but if you're decent then you know when they will use it. Oh and if you play it right you will be able to iceblock bladestorm.
    Oh i wasnt saying i come close to losing im just saying there is a difference between a good warrior and shit warrior L o L . I just love how ppl think this game will ever be balanced around 1v1 when blizz wont even try to balance it around 2v2

Deleted
    i used to QQ about mages... then i rolled one the end
    moral of the story
    less qq moar pewpew

Quote Originally Posted by cragousg View Post
    i used to QQ about mages... then i rolled one the end
    moral of the story
    less qq moar pewpew
    more people should be like him mage is prolly the funest class in wow , not because were "OP" or "broken" but because of how many tools we do have to work with and all 3 of our specs have the fun aspects unlike some classes =p

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't call them broken, they're just the best designed PVP class in the game. They have one thing they do--CC--and they do it very well. Everything about a Frost Mage is built around CC. Take away their CC, and you essentially take away everything from them.

Don't make Mages less interesting. Make everyone else more interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugler View Post
    more people should be like him mage is prolly the funest class in wow , not because were "OP" or "broken" but because of how many tools we do have to work with and all 3 of our specs have the fun aspects unlike some classes =p
    Why do you think you have so many "tools" and fun aspects to work with? And as for your theory on how to beat a mage with a warrior, maybe you should play one first yeah? Nova deep is complete skill obviously... and you can obviously spell reflect that, especially with no rage.... derp

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    I wouldn't call them broken, they're just the best designed PVP class in the game. They have one thing they do--CC--and they do it very well. Everything about a Frost Mage is built around CC. Take away their CC, and you essentially take away everything from them.

Don't make Mages less interesting. Make everyone else more interesting.
    Um... no. It would be fine it that was true. But they don't just have CC. They have ridiculous amounts of CC, very high ranged damage with little to no setup required (the setup was what kept them from being OP in previous expansions) and a strong defense.