Thread: SWTOR trial

SWTOR trial

Just wondering if there will be some trial before you actually decide if you subscribe the game.
    I am cheap and don't want to spend 15 euro, just to to realize the game is as good as my washing machine.

10+ Year Old Account
    No major MMORPG allows trials within the first month. Even then any sort of trial is limited. If you like any other Bioware games thats half the decision right there. I suggest grabbing a beta key.

You get 30 days game time when you buy the game, then your subscription starts after that period but you'll have to buy the game client or discs to get that.

Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

Quote Originally Posted by Kyira View Post
    You get 30 days game time when you buy the game, then your subscription starts after that period but you'll have to buy the game client or discs to get that.
    Yep yep, you can go for a month without the sub, but you still have to buy the game.

so nothing similar to wow.
    free client and free 14days trial
    than subscribe if you want to play longer.

if the game is so good as it suppose to be, they shouldn`t be worry to do it as blizzard did.
    I got beta key for stress test, just waiting when beta begins.

Quote Originally Posted by felix8024 View Post
    so nothing similar to wow.
    free client and free 14days trial
    than subscribe if you want to play longer.

if the game is so good as it suppose to be, they shouldn`t be worry to do it as blizzard did.
    I got beta key for stress test, just waiting when beta begins.
    They are doing what Blizzard did... There was no trial in the first months of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattht View Post
    They are doing what Blizzard did... There was no trial in the first months of WoW.
    First month of wow happened years ago
    They have to draw people now

If its a good game and has a large enough fan base the free trial wont happen for a few months or until the first major patch. If its a bad game or isnt making money they will switch it to free trial sooner and start changing the fees to play or buy the game. So good and bad news if its worth playing you will have to pay if it becomes cheap or free then its not worth your time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I wouldn't expect a trial of any sort of at least 3 months after launch.

not a single mmo releases a free trail for the first few month. or you could pre order it for around 5 bucks. join the head start. and if you didn't like it then don't pick up the game. so you tested it for around 5 dollers

Blizz even gave a free trial in the first years of wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    no i think it was a little after a year before they did

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    You only got free trials from the actual game package which you could hand out to friends.. there was no way to obtain 'em without knowin anyone without the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how successful the game is after 1month will determine how early they release trial accounts. Wouldn't expect anything earlier than 3 months though.

The Stress Test coming up is also not your free trial as things will still be broken cause of server crashes and such.

I dont even think the Box editions are giving friend invites out, so it most likely wont be until a bit of time after launch.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar