Euro fan site summit info...

Found this info on the official forums , the info came from the Euro fansite summit, so it should not be a break in the NDA....

Just seen on twitter a link to an article on SWTOR Welten.de. Some interesting information! Any thoughts?

EDIT: Note that this is from the recent EU fansite summit (hence not NDA).

SECOND EDIT: Proper translation now courtesy of Clexyca

- At level 10 every class is primary a damage dealing class and will slowly grow into the determined role by spending points in the specific Tree's

- Around level 14/15 you can be considered a tank, especially in pvp you take the tanking role using your Guard ability

- Starting with level 20 tanks get their specific tanking tools

- There are plans to decrease the difficulty for healers to find their targets.

- Target of Target is still discussed

- There will be interaction with your environment, for example sitting on chairs

- The change of your AC will not be possible at launch

- There are jukeboxes in the Cantinas in which players can choose the songs by using credits

- There won't be a combat log at launch to avoid spamming numbers. Further possibilites to enable similar features are being discussed

- We are not ready to announce anything specific about mini games like Pazaak or Podraces. At the moment there is the Space combat, but we do not rule the possiblity out to add them later

- User-Addons are not supported at launch, but we are discussing this topic. They want to handle this topic properly so PvP stays fair and competitive for everyone. We don't want addons that automize the game. The UI will be customizable eventually

- We might add guild space ships and other places where guilds can meet up in future. For example conference rooms in the Senat.

- There will be 3 different modes for flashpoints. Normal, Hard and Nightmare. Which rewards and advantages you gain from them are up to the players to find out

- There will be enough end game content, and of course we will constantly add more of it

- There will be two Operations at launch, though no further information on the second Operation besides Eternal Vault

- There will always be content added, there is a schedule for future content releases

- There are abilities to avoid CC in PvP. Every class has a CC breaker and develops a temporal immunity after being CC-ed several times

- There are, in addition to Dark side and Ligh side gear, also things (Doesn't really say gear here) for neutral characters

- Alternating appearance based on your alignment is purely cosmetical and can be turned off

- There are 5 guild ranks and the options to give and take rights for them.

- Character renaming and appearance recostumization won't be available on release, but we consider to add it in future

- The optimal gear highly depends on a player's playstyle

- There are Sets with bonuses

- The story is NOT over when you hit level 50, there is a special final for each class.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gxeternal View Post
    What exactly does "AC" mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryDude View Post
    What exactly does "AC" mean?
    Advanced class - so if you're a sith warrior juggernaut you won't be able to change to a marauder.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    Advanced class - so if you're a sith warrior juggernaut you won't be able to change to a marauder.
    ah, ok thanks. I hope i am not the only one who thinks that this is pretty dumb

Deleted
    Well each advanced class is meant to be a 'typical class' by themselves. As in each advanced class has 3 talent trees ala other MMO's. (yes 1 is shared blah blah)

On topic though;

Didnt realise nightmare mode was for flaskpoints thought it was for operations. Does this mean that the low levels flash points have a hard verion at Max level and another Nightmare version at max level aswel?

Rest look good, bar the lacking of a combat log although until we get to operations that shouldnt be too bothersome anyway.

Could you link the source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

- There won't be a combat log at launch to avoid spamming numbers. Further possibilites to enable similar features are being discussed

- User-Addons are not supported at launch, but we are discussing this topic. They want to handle this topic properly so PvP stays fair and competitive for everyone. We don't want addons that automize the game. The UI will be customizable eventually
    Seriously, that sucks... No combat log is proble the worst out of all...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Seriously, that sucks... No combat log is proble the worst out of all...
    Don't start, that discussion always end up with a flame wars and finally a lock of the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm ok with the lack of a combat log. It's sad to see customization of the UI is now definitely not in for launch, though.
    I hope they decide to add target of target before launch. It will determine what class I make.

Some of these points give me the feeling they're really focusing on people who are fairly new to MMO's, maybe they want to go more of a casual way, wich is fine for me, I don't have the time for hardcore raiding anymore.

No info on the difficulty modes for operations, or the legacy system though, are these still in???
    It's getting very close to launch so time is ticking.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Wow I really hope they get some kind of combat log out VERY soon after launch. Speaking from the perspective of someone who intends on leading my guilds raids and flashpoints we need as many tools out our disposal as possible to fine tune not only my personal performance but that of our members or potential members as well.

It seems very much at odds with the three difficulties of the flash points (and presumably operations). I mean if the Nightmare mode is truly hard.. then its no doubt going to have specific gear / dps / heal checks in those encounters and how in the world are you going to be able to judge weather your guild or individuals in your guild are pulling weight to warrant being in there? I hope they dont just expect us to smash our faces against it till we give up saying.. guess we need to spend more time in the next lower difficulty.

I am very much looking forward to this game but what I am NOT looking forward to is the same face roll mentality of .. well lets just say another MMO that I am currently playing and looking forward to leave behind me. I am very much encouraged by the different difficulty settings and believe that will help appeal to as much of the player base and its play style as possible but give us raid leaders a break and give us the tools to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Could you link the source?
    I would also like to know the source. There are a few interesting things here that I haven't heard about before, and a couple things that seem to be different.

well whats the point in making such an important choice within the game if you can change it at will. i am VERY VERY HAPPY with this choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found this info on the official forums , the info came from the Euro fansite summit, so it should not be a break in the NDA....

Just seen on twitter a link to an article on SWTOR Welten.de. Some interesting information! Any thoughts?

EDIT: Note that this is from the recent EU fansite summit (hence not NDA).

SECOND EDIT: Proper translation now courtesy of Clexyca

- At level 10 every class is primary a damage dealing class and will slowly grow into the determined role by spending points in the specific Tree's

- Around level 14/15 you can be considered a tank, especially in pvp you take the tanking role using your Guard ability

- Starting with level 20 tanks get their specific tanking tools
    Not sure about this... I guess the first 20 levels will go quite fast so it's not really a problem, but I will be queueing as tank.. and I do find it very annoying when im trying to tank but can't because I'm missing important buffs/abilities.

Always a good thing, fix up

no real need for discussion... have we put ToT in yet?.. no

fucking do it then :P

- There will be interaction with your environment, for example sitting on chairs
    EPIC win

I wasn't planning to change anyway

- There are jukeboxes in the Cantinas in which players can choose the songs by using credits
    FRAK yes, best change ever

this makes me a sad Panda combat log's are very useful, and would help ALOT with testing/theorycrafting

- We are not ready to announce anything specific about mini games like Pazaak or Podraces. At the moment there is the Space combat, but we do not rule the possiblity out to add them later
    pleasepazaakpleasepazaakpleasepazaak

fair enough really... wtb Recount and Omen though maybe Healbot too

- We might add guild space ships and other places where guilds can meet up in future. For example conference rooms in the Senat.
    alright.. who do I have to fuck for a guild spaceship.... I'd probably do it :P

- There will be 3 different modes for flashpoints. Normal, Hard and Nightmare. Which rewards and advantages you gain from them are up to the players to find out
    sounds cool, im guessing Normal will be LFR tier, Hard is normal and Nightmare is hardmode, sounds like a good plan.

- There will be enough end game content, and of course we will constantly add more of it

- There will be two Operations at launch, though no further information on the second Operation besides Eternal Vault

- There will always be content added, there is a schedule for future content releases
    all these things make me happy, not only do we have EV, we also have a second secret raid (hopefully the rumoured 'Hutt Raid') and they already have a schedule for adding more

- There are abilities to avoid CC in PvP. Every class has a CC breaker and develops a temporal immunity after being CC-ed several times
    not really a PvP player, but this sounds like a good idea to me

- There are, in addition to Dark side and Ligh side gear, also things (Doesn't really say gear here) for neutral characters
    cool, my Grey Jedi Sentinel thanks you

- Alternating appearance based on your alignment is purely cosmetical and can be turned off
    and that's exactly what I'll do :P do you think Palpatine would have been as successful if he'd looked evil right from the start?

- There are 5 guild ranks and the options to give and take rights for them.
    always good, but can we rename the ranks I wanna make a guild called 'The Bonehunters' with my Trooper Tavore as the 'Adjunct'

- Character renaming and appearance recostumization won't be available on release, but we consider to add it in future
    again, a nice option to have, but not one I'll miss if it never gets added.

- The optimal gear highly depends on a player's playstyle
    I'm guessing that's a quick way of saying 'the best PvE gear is from PvE, PvP gear from PvP and RP gear from having nasty tenticled cybersex with Twi'leks in the back rooms of Cantina's'

- There are Sets with bonuses
    AWESOME, how does this work with the customisable stats? will the sets have their own stats, or just sockets?

- The story is NOT over when you hit level 50, there is a special final for each class.
    Sweeet I want a showdown with Setele, or a date, whichever I'm not picky.

EDIT: Yay 2000th post I'm the warchief baby
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2011-11-17 at 03:29 PM. Reason: 2k posts baby!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by ohnoto View Post
    I would also like to know the source. There are a few interesting things here that I haven't heard about before, and a couple things that seem to be different.
    I looked for it myself (german is my mothertongue)
    http://swtor.onlinewelten.com/news,i..._lusinchi.html

But there are transcripts out there as well, even the interview in english, afaik.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Sorry bout the lack of link, i must have missed it when i copy/pasted it. Glad you found it though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of the information is awesome and some of it is not so awesome.

I'm going to try and focus on the positive though.

Heroic and Nightmare Operations! and TWO Operations on release.
    REPUBLIC
    <Insomnia> @ EU
    16-man Nightmare Raiding
    Ranged DPS and Healers needed