Indomitable Pride

Minor aoe hits you and drops you from 50% hp to 49%. Enjoy your 1500 shield.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/78003/indomitable-pride/

k, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boss smashes you for 135,000 damage which drops you from 90% to 30%. Enjoy the 70k shield. It works both ways, and is only half the strength of the trinket (if that).

The point was that as useful as the trinket can be, it can also be incredibly bad when something small sets it off and putting it on CD.

same with a lot of trinkets corysi

like when everything procs during movement phases or, more often, just as the boss dies

zero-punctuation said it best, that RNG hates you and ALL your best procs will ALWAYS pop after you kill everything in the room, leaving you supersaijin powered up and yet only able to glare menacingly at the walls.
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-11-17 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reverendball View Post
    same with a lot of trinkets corysi

like when everything procs during movement phases or, more often, just as the boss dies

zero-punctuation said it best, that RNG hates you and ALL your best procs will ALWAYS pop after you kill everything in the room, leaving you supersaijin powered up and yet only able to glare menacingly at the walls.
    Then proceed to charge into the next room with new monsters, causing endless pain to your tanks or healers.

As for the trinket, I dont think "proc" trinkets have ever been a skilled tanks favorite - they need to be able to control them, themself in order for them to be "good". Example is the magmaw stam/mastery proc trinket - if youre tanking riplimp and he just went to pick up his spear, but the DoT ticks you below the activation treshold... Well, then you'll be standing there with a shitload of useless mastery while the dog runs around after Shannox. I'd rather pick up the one from V+T that gives you a on-use dodge boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have 217,623HP and get hit by Chimaeron's Decimate, enjoy your 121,868 shield.
    Trinket mileage may vary.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I don't like how the shield only lasts 6 seconds.
    Even if you get a good shield, 2 dodges in a row will absolutely waste it (sucks to be a bear :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Have 3M hp, get hit by a decimation strike - enjoy your 1.5M shield :<. Baleroc(k)'d!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    The point was that as useful as the trinket can be, it can also be incredibly bad when something small sets it off and putting it on CD.
    The same goes for pretty much every proc. So? What makes this one special?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Then proceed to charge into the next room with new monsters, causing endless pain to your tanks or healers.

As for the trinket, I dont think "proc" trinkets have ever been a skilled tanks favorite - they need to be able to control them, themself in order for them to be "good". Example is the magmaw stam/mastery proc trinket - if youre tanking riplimp and he just went to pick up his spear, but the DoT ticks you below the activation treshold... Well, then you'll be standing there with a shitload of useless mastery while the dog runs around after Shannox. I'd rather pick up the one from V+T that gives you a on-use dodge boost.
    Whilst this is true, this trinket has the best "proc" type effect, because it procs when you need it. Mastery as a stat is a fickle thing, especially when regarding shield tanks. Absorbs however, are just godlike, and the icing on the cake from this huge stamina trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Question is naturally, is it damage you take or how hard the ability hits? Massacre from Chimaeron hits for 1M damage. 500k shield much?

So what you're saying is trinkets are situational and a skilled player needs to properly evaluate the best pair of trinkets for each given boss fight and role within the fight?

Stop the presses!

Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Whilst this is true, this trinket has the best "proc" type effect, because it procs when you need it. Mastery as a stat is a fickle thing, especially when regarding shield tanks. Absorbs however, are just godlike, and the icing on the cake from this huge stamina trinket.

Question is naturally, is it damage you take or how hard the ability hits? Massacre from Chimaeron hits for 1M damage. 500k shield much?
    Too bad it only lasts 6 seconds so at best you might use 150k of that shield and you also have no control of when it will proc. Chances are it's going to go on CD before you actually need it.

And who cares about Stam or is something changing in this patch where tanks all of sudden are going to want stam?

Quote Originally Posted by Corysi View Post
    Too bad it only lasts 6 seconds so at best you might use 150k of that shield and you also have no control of when it will proc. Chances are it's going to go on CD before you actually need it.

And who cares about Stam or is something changing in this patch where tanks all of sudden are going to want stam?
    More Stam is always good, everyone's been QQing about Stam since the begining of the expansion but it gets undue critisism (Obviously yes, don't gem for Stam). Having a Health buffer and having something to work against Magic Damage (Especially in DS) is a good thing, Stam provides this.

You're literally picking the most gimmicky of all gimicks though.

It doesn't matter what you wear tanking Riplimb anyway, you could wear no trinkets and I doubt your healer would notice. The Riplimb tank doesn't take any significant damage at all.

Compare that to the Shannox tank.

Deleted
    Depends on what class you are as to how highly you value stam. As a paladin tank that has reached the block cap stam suddenly becomes a lot more interesting.

Deleted
    Well ive looked through most of the tanking trinkets for 4.3, the one with the mastery proc is completely useless for warriors and paladins and its not even that great for bears tbh, and as a paladin tank im trying to get rid of my mastery trinkets to replace with some decent stam trinkets so i will happily take this trinket, as people have said all procs can be extremely helpful (the shield could stop you from dieing) or it could be completely wasted with a small damage (tbh i don't usually sit at below 50% health unless i don't have a healer around or a hit takes me below it which would still means i would get a big shield) so i would much rather this than scales of life or somthing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceria View Post
    More Stam is always good, everyone's been QQing about Stam since the begining of the expansion but it gets undue critisism (Obviously yes, don't gem for Stam). Having a Health buffer and having something to work against Magic Damage (Especially in DS) is a good thing, Stam provides this.
    Well, you clearly wouldn't like how I'm gearing then.

It completely depends on the class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Splosion View Post
    Well, you clearly wouldn't like how I'm gearing then.

It completely depends on the class.
    Agreed. Nearly every prot paladin in mostly heroic gear is gemming stamina now unless their doing some weird way of using two stamina trinkets or somthing