Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.3 Epic Gems for the PVP'ERS?

ok I have been reading patch notes for 4.3 and as far as I know it, epic gems will drop from raid bosses etc., see the trouble is for me/pvp community is I don't raid or even do dungeons due to a hectic Rl but I do enjoy PVP and arenas ...So my question is do you think maybe they'll be prospectable from pyrite ore like back in WOTLK when Titanium was king? or is there another alternative to obtaining epic gems to even the playing fields? thx

Deleted
    It doesn't look like it will happen this patch. There are also alchemy transmute recipes in the game files - that haven't dropped anywhere on the PTR, so this is another indication it may come in a future patch to allow everyone access to epic gems.

It seems like they really do want to keep - at least for the first patch of progression in Dragon Soul (world & server firsts etc), that people need to raid for epic gems, ensuring that it takes time & effort for people to get the maximum bonuses they can.

Once all the world & server firsts are out of the way, and probably when the first set of nerfs go in, then I would think it's feasable we'll see epic gems become more accessable to all.

Thx Your probably right about that,and understandably so

10+ Year Old Account
    The gems will be on the AH, you can buy them there.

Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu View Post
    The gems will be on the AH, you can buy them there.
    Each player has in the lines of 15-20gems next patch, 10man guild will have to find 200gems (of the right type) and a 25man guild has to find 500 of the right type. Without knowing how rare/comon the drops will and depending on the RNG for X color that people will need the most of (red, orange and purple/green) It's going to take atleast a month before guilds start selling gems. Pugs on the other hand might be more willing to sell their gems, we also don't know if the gems will drop from a "goodybag" if your raid does a quest inside the raid (think ICC) or if it's going to be a trash drop, boss drop or shared boss drop.
    I'm hoping they're going with the goodie bag from a raid quest that changes every week to atleast keep it sort of fun. Quest reward should be a goodie bag with 1-5 epic gems where you have 100% to get one, 50% to get two, 25% to get three, 15% to get four and 5% to get 5. The gems will be random so while you might get 5 red gems on the first week and be the luckiest son of a B' i doubt it's going to be an overflood of gems the first month(s)
    Another thing to think about is using your guild alts to farm gems every week, even if only on normal it can prove to be very handy if your guildbank buys all the gems (regardless of color) and then officers can hand out gems to the most active mains to ensure high progress rate.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

No, when 4.3 launches you will NOT be able to prospect pyrite to get epic gems. It seems they want epic gems to be "epic" again, making them available through normal and heroic Dragon Soul raids only (think back to BC and Tier 6). I believe something was said along the lines of "it might take you all of 4.3 to replace all your gems with epic ones"

They might implement something in later that makes gems available via valor points, but don't count on that for at least a couple months minimum.

Don't think that every PvE player who chooses to PvP will be running around with full epic gems either though.

I personally like how they handled epic gems this upcoming patch, making them more difficult to get. I didn't like being able to go out and instantly buy up all my epic gems the day they came out in WOTLK. Having to wait and having it MATTER when and how I use gems gives them more value and "epic-ness" imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Each player has in the lines of 15-20gems next patch, 10man guild will have to find 200gems (of the right type) and a 25man guild has to find 500 of the right type. Without knowing how rare/comon the drops will and depending on the RNG for X color that people will need the most of (red, orange and purple/green) It's going to take atleast a month before guilds start selling gems. Pugs on the other hand might be more willing to sell their gems, we also don't know if the gems will drop from a "goodybag" if your raid does a quest inside the raid (think ICC) or if it's going to be a trash drop, boss drop or shared boss drop.
    They have already said each gem drop will be a per person item. Not a raid drop. So it's not the guild that will sell these items. It's the individuals.
    Last edited by Keeyla; 2011-11-17 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeyla View Post
    They have already said each gem drop will be a per person item. Not a raid drop. So it's not the guild that will sell these items. It's the individuals.
    Yeah but I highly doubt that progression oriented guilds will sell their gems at all, maybe when their progress is over since it's the last raid of this expansion.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

You're also forgetting that you can transmute epic gems, which will bring the prices down to a much more reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpwojcik View Post
    You're also forgetting that you can transmute epic gems, which will bring the prices down to a much more reasonable price.
    Nope, you cant. The spells are in the game files (have been since launch), but they arent using them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    You're forgetting to read the previous posts. There are no transmute recipes dropping currently on the PTR. They have only been datamined. That means you might be able to transmute, but it's more likely that you will not. At first. Maybe later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    You're forgetting to read the previous posts. There are no transmute recipes dropping currently on the PTR. They have only been datamined. That means you might be able to transmute, but it's more likely that you will not. At first. Maybe later.
    Just because they haven't been added in yet doesn't mean that it will be added later. No one wins with epic gems just dropping from raids, and even with 1 epic gem from transmutes/day, epic gems are still rare enough.

All I know is my raiding JC is going to be bank rolling some gold lol I have enough tokens to buy most of the cuts already.

Deleted
    You can get them off the AH. just like everyone else in a 10man non HC group.

nope wont be able to get them apart from raiding and from the ah shows blizz dont really think about about pvpers much
    Last edited by hellcat1991; 2011-11-17 at 05:47 PM.

That's dumb, let us by them with honor or something... Yet again blizzard gives PvE the upper hand... Giving them legendary daggers wasn't OP enough, show of hands, who is going to love playing against smokebomb cleave when the rogue has legendarys... Blizzard sure knows how to ruin a game, good thing my subscription ends in 8 days, no reason to bother with this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by happydog1337 View Post
    That's dumb, let us by them with honor or something... Yet again blizzard gives PvE the upper hand... Giving them legendary daggers wasn't OP enough, show of hands, who is going to love playing against smokebomb cleave when the rogue has legendarys... Blizzard sure knows how to ruin a game, good thing my subscription ends in 8 days, no reason to bother with this crap.
    shhh go to bed, its time for your nap
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Deleted
    Just because they haven't been added in yet doesn't mean that it will be added later.
    That was actually my point. Which makes your first post even more wrong. And I did put in a "maybe later" at the end of mine, to show that it wasn't set in stone. We don't know if they will come later or not.

Quote Originally Posted by happydog1337 View Post
    ... Yet again blizzard gives PvE the upper hand...
    Blizzard sure knows how to ruin a game, good thing my subscription ends in 8 days, no reason to bother with this crap.
    PVE getting the upper hand in a PVE game? Really? Oh my... Oh well, you're leaving, so have fun where you end up and bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That was actually my point. Which makes your first post even more wrong. And I did put in a "maybe later" at the end of mine, to show that it wasn't set in stone. We don't know if they will come later or not.

PVE getting the upper hand in a PVE game? Really? Oh my... Oh well, you're leaving, so have fun where you end up and bye bye.
    even if it is a pve game doesnt mean pves should get special treatment for killing a scripted fight