Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Do NOT turn this into a PvE vs PvP battle. Not the place for it. Keep it on topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    AH is fine
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    even if it is a pve game doesnt mean pves should get special treatment for killing a scripted fight
    How did you get epic gems when they first came out in t5? AH or raiding.

Same way you will get it in t13.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bet they'll be purchasable for 2k conquest each pretty soon
    weeee!

Originally Posted by happydog1337
    ... Yet again blizzard gives PvE the upper hand...
    Blizzard sure knows how to ruin a game, good thing my subscription ends in 8 days, no reason to bother with this crap.
    yet,your still posting on wow forums

see ya back in a month

yer and its a stupid way to do it why not just do it how blizz did it in wotlk so then pvpers and pves are happy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by happydog1337 View Post
    That's dumb, let us by them with honor or something... Yet again blizzard gives PvE the upper hand... Giving them legendary daggers wasn't OP enough, show of hands, who is going to love playing against smokebomb cleave when the rogue has legendarys... Blizzard sure knows how to ruin a game, good thing my subscription ends in 8 days, no reason to bother with this crap.
    good thing you'll be renewing in 8days and you know it, you just felt like bitching about something as usual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTrollingsworth View Post
    pvpers dont need epic gems
    Oh, they`re not placing gem slots in all the new honour followed shortly after by conquest gear that PvPers have to now upgrade into? Cool! /sarcasm mode disengaged.

I only ever did PvP & you get no gold for enchants/gems/yadda yadda (before rants: I have professions, due to bots/silly AHers I used to make very little, so had to do stupid amount of dailies *cringe*) that combined with profession was Jewelcrafting/Transmutation I would require a sh*t load of epic gems.

That & most folk have more then one char`, so more & more gems required.

These won`t go onto AH for a very very long time & when they do, they`ll be expensive as hell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    good thing you'll be renewing in 8days and you know it, you just felt like bitching about something as usual
    Projecting behavious onto others- not always working. Especially not with unhealthy religious worship

It wasn't hard enough the be a warrior in PvP, now while i'm fighting an RMP with 2 legendary staffs and a rogue with legendary daggers they are all going to have better gems than me to. Le sigh.

Oh looks its another one of these threads.
    PvE is the only thing that needs the epic gems i feel, because then PvPers will be on the same level with each other, it is unlikely for the initial period anyways that many PvEers will be wasting there scarce epic gems on PvP gear with the rarity that blizzard has hinted towards. Half the people these days that consider themselves PvPers are just trolls that have ground out there conquest cap each week doing 1100 bracket 2v2 and then stomped the freshys in BG's. I wonder how these people will fair when it comes down to a test of skill instead of just outgearing the opponent.
    If you are that concerned about losing out on the 170 stats, you should have thought about this 2 months ago when it was announced and have farmed the gold to make buying the gems a non issue.
    Into MoP beta, working on new gold blog, watch this space!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellcat1991 View Post
    even if it is a pve game doesnt mean pves should get special treatment for killing a scripted fight
    spending time organizing and killing the boss seems good enough reason for me.

If you want Gems for your PvP gear, go put in the hard work to get them.

Protip: honor-grinding isn't hard work

This actually introduces a balance issue with profs, because PvP players that have JC will automatically have the extra stats from epic gems in 3 gem slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Protip: honor-grinding isn't hard work
    Neither is sitting at your computer playing a video game.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anomolus View Post
    ok I have been reading patch notes for 4.3 and as far as I know it, epic gems will drop from raid bosses etc., see the trouble is for me/pvp community is I don't raid or even do dungeons due to a hectic Rl but I do enjoy PVP and arenas ...So my question is do you think maybe they'll be prospectable from pyrite ore like back in WOTLK when Titanium was king? or is there another alternative to obtaining epic gems to even the playing fields? thx
    Buy them on the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    This actually introduces a balance issue with profs, because PvP players that have JC will automatically have the extra stats from epic gems in 3 gem slots.
    JC hasn't been buffed yet, but since no one (not PvE or PvP) is decked out in full epic gems yet, it doesn't matter, once theres a certain market saturation of epic gems I expect 2 things will happen:

1. JC will receive a buff to it's chimera's eyes back to level with other profs.
    2. Gems will receive a new source, likely pyrite prospecting or even transmute recipes.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!