Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    This is insane.

This just killed DPS meters so good luck having any progression guild touch this game.

For those wondering why this is major. My choice to re roll should be just that a CHOICE not a required grind fest to regear a alt. Seriously has anyone in this thread been in a progression raiding guild?
    seriously dont progression guilds RESEARCH and test and breakdown each class that does a persons specific role. Hmmm how hard is that really huh. you get into the beta test the class you want see if you like it,if not CHANGE it.

seriorsly people are getting lazy nowadays. I have read up on each classs that does the role i want dps, i also made sure they have a secondary role which is tanking, so i am going with trooper and BH. and you know what i READ and READ over and over on the TOR official(shudders violently) and seen each breakdown of those respective classes and what AC would give me what I want

ALSO i cannot say how but I know what tree within each of those classes I want to spec into. and ALL of this WITHOUT doing a beta.

Reading is a good thing you know and since you cant play the classes read about them so you know what you get into when you do

TL;DR research will solve your oops I chose the wrong class lemme go respec....DAMN i cant issues

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    -snip-
    For those wondering why this is major. My choice to re roll should be just that a CHOICE not a required grind fest to regear a alt. Seriously has anyone in this thread been in a progression raiding guild?
    May I ask how you view it as not your choice to re-roll? I'm pretty sure BW can't make you create a new character and level it up, but hey, maybe that's an unannounced feature!

Also for the sake of feeding your inner-troll, I was 7/7H pre-nerf, where is your "argument"(and I use the term lightly) going?

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I wouldnt sweat it to much. Target of Target is still on the table and something they want to add but may not make it for launch. The lack of a combat log does suck however it was stated that this is just for launch and they intend on adding this post launch as well as addon's once they get something they are happy with. The combat log version that was in place they where unhappy with and so its being revised for post launch.

The concern is a valid one. No matter what folks say serious guilds ( and they want serious progression guilds to be attracted to this game for it to succeed) require as many tools as possible at there disposal. It will happen. That it appears that these almost essential things wont make launch.. well yeah seems like a huge over site on there part but there is a lot of lvling and game to experience to give em time to get it in game but if there smart it will be one of the first things patched in prior to launch.

This thread is so full of it, I have to bite my tongue just to make sure I don't get banned again.

The people talking about "progression guilds don't need Recount to down bosses" are people who have never done serious content before, or didn't contribute their fair share to it.

Because it is just so... wrong, to say that.

Edit: And I'm absolutely positive someone's going to counter me by saying "I downed Yogg0/7/7 HM Rag with no Recount, wut?"

Good job. I'd like you to try to be a raid leader without one.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

People are over-reacting to an interview on topics that have not yet been confirmed.

Until there is an official announcement, don't assume that anything you read is set in stone.

OT:
    AC switching, not necessary really play whatever AC you want to play they are all extremely clear cut. Allowing switching between them would be a bad decision, if you're a max/min person you are probably okay with re-rolling in another game anyway, so why complain about it in TOR?

Combat logging - I refuse to believe this, and until I get confirmation from a dev I won't believe it. If you have end game, you have combat logging. This truly is a make or break issue and if they somehow don't implement it, competitive end game raiding in the game will be absolutely terrible.

Target of Target - Stupid not to have it in game, but the UI sucks anyway so Im not surprised, add-ons should resolve this issue shortly after launch and that is what they are going for im assuming, let 3rd party folks handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    seriously dont progression guilds RESEARCH and test and breakdown each class that does a persons specific role. Hmmm how hard is that really huh. you get into the beta test the class you want see if you like it,if not CHANGE it.

seriorsly people are getting lazy nowadays. I have read up on each classs that does the role i want dps, i also made sure they have a secondary role which is tanking, so i am going with trooper and BH. and you know what i READ and READ over and over on the TOR official(shudders violently) and seen each breakdown of those respective classes and what AC would give me what I want

ALSO i cannot say how but I know what tree within each of those classes I want to spec into. and ALL of this WITHOUT doing a beta.

Reading is a good thing you know and since you cant play the classes read about them so you know what you get into when you do

TL;DR research will solve your oops I chose the wrong class lemme go respec....DAMN i cant issues
    Research is lost on most wow players. Everything's been handed to them and as much as they say they want a harder game they want everything to continue to be handed to them.

I remember testing weapons/gearsets in ffxi manually with nothing more than a spreadsheet to record my damage. Believe it or not, you can min/max without sims/talent calculators/reforge calculators/rawr/whatever you're using that makes you think you're better than others... It just takes time and an understanding of your class.

That said, YOU CAN RESPEC. There are 3 available trees per AC, you can stand at the trainer and respec all fn day if thats what makes you happy.

Without breaking the NDA, how would this affect gunslingers? It seems to me the only thing they can do is dps.... and dps. Other classes seem to have multi roles for each advanced class.

I liked what was said in the comic con Q&A. Nearly free first respec, then have it ramp up very quick. So it'd be possible to respec advanced classes but very very pricey.
    Last edited by iggie; 2011-11-17 at 02:51 PM.

I actually am happy about this, by making your AC permanent, it forces the player to really think about which one to pick. "Do I want to do lots of damage? Or do I want to do decent damage with more survivability?" Unlike in WoW: "Hmm, this spec looks interesting... OH GAWD ITS GETTING NERF'D!" *respec*, I mean *dual-spec*. I'm not bashing WoW, but the spec system WoW uses is way too cookie-cutter and forgiving for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Without breaking the NDA, how would this affect gunslingers? It seems to me the only thing they can do is dps.... and dps. Other classes seem to have multi roles for each sub spec.
    Exactly what you said. All they'll be able to do is dps.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

This is pretty much the system they used in Dark Ages of Camelot. You level up a bit and then when you hit level 5 (I think, it's been a while) you choose the class you want to be. It worked fine, there was no moaning about it and there was no decision to let you change class.

It seems to me that people think the Advanced Class is just a spec. It isn't, it's a class. Essentially you just play a certain way till level 10 and then pick your class, instead of at character creation. It will be fine :-)

Without breaking the NDA, how would this affect gunslingers? It seems to me the only thing they can do is dps.... and dps. Other classes seem to have multi roles for each advanced class.
    You're a pure DPS class, just like Sent/Marauder. It's not any different than rolling a rogue or hunter in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Exactly what you said. All they'll be able to do is dps.
    You don't see this as a problem? Not even with the smuggler's dependency on taking cover? I'm really on the fence now if I should even bother rolling one.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Research is lost on most wow players. Everything's been handed to them and as much as they say they want a harder game they want everything to continue to be handed to them.

I remember testing weapons/gearsets in ffxi manually with nothing more than a spreadsheet to record my damage. Believe it or not, you can min/max without sims/talent calculators/reforge calculators/rawr/whatever you're using that makes you think you're better than others... It just takes time and an understanding of your class.

That said, YOU CAN RESPEC. There are 3 available trees per AC, you can stand at the trainer and respec all fn day if thats what makes you happy.
    2 Unique trees per AC and 1 Shared between the both of them.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    It seems to me that people think the Advanced Class is just a spec. It isn't, it's a class. Essentially you just play a certain way till level 10 and then pick your class, instead of at character creation. It will be fine :-)
    Let me pull out the same argument I always use.

Okay fine, let's consider each AC it's own "class". So we have 16* "classes" in the game, right? So let's say I have a max level Commando. Now I want to play a Vanguard, that should be fun! It'll be a whole new experience, it's a new "class", afterall!

Oh wait, what? Same starting zone? Same class quests? Same story (essentially the fulcrum of the game)? Same ship? Same companions?

I thought this was a new class? Why does it feel like the exact same shit I just maxed out on my other toon?

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post

Yes you can do that and if forced I would.. but why on earth would they ask serious players to do this and NOT give them quality of life tools to fulfill what will ABSOLUTELY be a very valid, popular and necessary feature? As others have said in this thread it will happen because the demand is there and to not do so would be a huge mistake. they really need to get this done for release if not very shortly after.

Good.
    Easy switching means only four classes in the game. Without it it's a respectable 8.

Deleted
    same as jedi sentinels. i can also think about 4 classes from 'a different mmo'. and yet it didint stop masses of ppl from rolling those classes.
    Last edited by mmocab4042b3e7; 2011-11-17 at 03:00 PM.

You don't see this as a problem? Not even with the smuggler's dependency on taking cover? I'm really on the fence now if I should even bother rolling one.
    Hey, I'm not pro- this decision. I'm just clarifying it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    +1

People fail to recognize that Advanced Classes in SWTOR are the same thing as Classes in WoW, etc, you just choose it at level 10 instead of when you make your toon.
    I agree, they are like classes in wow, but they still get the same storyline. So if you want to level up both, you have to complete the Same storyline 2 times. I can do 50 levels as long as there's a different questline, but 50 levels twice with the same questline in a story based game? I don't want you to be able to change the AC like respeccing your talentpoints, but at least make it available at lv 50 for a huge creditcost so if your guild needs a healer etc, you can use your cash and help out.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

How is this a problem yet hunter/rogue/mage/lock in wow aren't? Its a Class that can only dps, its fine that those exist. If you don't like it, then don't play it but there will be people who solely want to dps.