Will Ivybridge have issues like Sandybridge?

I am slightly worried about purchasing ivybridge on day 1 mainly because of the experience many had with sandybridge.

Do you think intel learned from their mistakes on SB enough so it's a fairly safe to buy a IVB without waiting 2-3 months for people to go through a billion issues?

There was no problems in previous 100 chipsets before p67/h67, neither in z68/x79 since then.

So no, there's no reason to believe Ivy Bridge boards or processors would have any special problems.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

What problems are you talking about? I have a 2600k in a p67 B3 revision, is there anything I should be worried about?

The problem lied not with the Sandy Bridge processors, but an incorrectly specified value within the chipsets themselves.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 03:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    What problems are you talking about? I have a 2600k in a p67 B3 revision, is there anything I should be worried about?
    No, the problems were persisting in non-B3 motherboards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    There was a minor problem with the early version H67 and P67 chipsets (non-B3), where the SATA controller was prone to faster-than-normal weardown due to an error with one of the transistors.

The B3 variant fixed this issue.

Minor problem? All four SATA2 ports in my Asus P8P67 Pro stopped working at the same time after ~7 months of normal use.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Minor problem? All four SATA2 ports in my Asus P8P67 Pro stopped working at the same time after ~7 months of normal use.
    'Minor' in the sense that the system still remains usable, with slight compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    'Minor' in the sense that the system still remains usable, with slight compromise.
    Not usable when you have 6 devices that needs to be plugged into SATA ports and 4/8 of the ports in the board dies. Number's grown to 7 now btw.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting to hear. I was constantly saying, back when they issued the recall, that it was probably a bigger issue than what they claimed it to be.

"10-15% degradation in performance for 10-15% of users after a couple of years" - yeah right that they would've issued a mass-recall for that. More likely they wouldn't say a word if that was the real case. Should've been much cheaper to swap hardware for the people who experienced said degradation later on instead.

I made them exchange my B2 mobo as soon as the B3 came. (Later on my B3-board broke but that's another story). Annoying as it was I still don't regret being an early adopter. The gain in performance was awesome and I got to have it for three-four months longer than the suckers who couldn't buy a mobo because they were all recalled :P

Except none of those issues were Sandy Bridge issues. They were chipset issues. The CPUs are and have been just fine.
    Super casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Interesting to hear. I was constantly saying, back when they issued the recall, that it was probably a bigger issue than what they claimed it to be.
    To be exact, ports 3-4 started malfunctioning after about 5 months, first I noticed it when video player kept crashing randomly while I was trying to watch 350meg+ files. After week of intermittent problems every file had read errors suddenly and both discs' S.M.A.R.T. data showed over 100k CRC errors , so I moved the two discs to empty SATA3 ports in the Marvell controller suspecting the chipset bug. Month later discs in ports 1-2 would sometimes not show up after booting and S.M.A.R.T. CRC errors started piling up. After a week neither of the discs in ports 1-2 would show up in BIOS, and neither would any disc in ports 3-4 either.

At that point I returned the board back to store to get the B3 revision. I pushed the board swapping late hoping I wouldn't be one of the "5-10% seeing performance degradation after few years", but I'm also pretty sure that the failure rate is much much higher than Intel told officially.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    Except none of those issues were Sandy Bridge issues. They were chipset issues. The CPUs are and have been just fine.
    That's what everybody else has been saying also in this thread.
    Trolling should be.

Not usable when you have 6 devices that needs to be plugged into SATA ports and 4/8 of the ports in the board dies. Number's grown to 7 now btw.
    you just had to RMA the board and get a B3 for free.

Deleted
    Not usable when you have 6 devices that needs to be plugged into SATA ports
    SATA ports are one of the things that are easily substitutable on your machine, hence 'minor'. I know you know how.

Its kind of like having an Ethernet port knocked out. Annoying, but circumventable. 'Major' in my eyes would be something that had a more crippling effect - like failing PCI-E lanes or unstable memory pathways.
    Quote Originally Posted by mnm View Post
    you just had to RMA the board and get a B3 for free.
    Thats what he did.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-11-17 at 08:19 PM.