Chaud's link on the black november deals

So I saw Chaud's link on the black november sticky, and the main post on the black november deals says to only post deals on that thread so I think I'm supposed to start a new one to talk about anything within them. With that said Best Buy's deals have Monitors for 120 usd, 23" 1920x1080 resolution. Best buy also has a 1080p 24 inch tv, for 80 usd. So what's the primary difference between a monitor and a tv, when they both have the same resolution but one is an inch bigger and 40 usd less?

Link to the page with the TV: http://bfads.net/Best-Buy/Name/Page10
    Link to page with the monitor: http://bfads.net/Best-Buy/Name/Page2

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    so wait, you provided links to the page with the products, but not a specific one. I'm not sure what we're discussing.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    so wait, you provided links to the page with the products, but not a specific one. I'm not sure what we're discussing.
    The 24 inch tv for 80 usd and the 23 inch monitor for 120 usd. I stated that those were the products in question pretty clearly. I didn't want to provide direct links because they show the undiscounted rates that Chaud's link shows and I mentioned what specifically from the links I was talking about. I was trying to prevent people ignoring the text clicking the link and stating well the monitor is x amount cheaper why wouldn't you just get that.

Here are the links to the individual items:
    TV: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dynex%26...2187655&loc=01
    Monitor: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+23%...2187655&loc=01

On a kind of similar note, Dynex is just rebranded major brands that Best Buy purchases and puts their own label on right? I think I remember trying to program an old Dynex TV with my universal remote and I believe I had to go through the process of figuring out what the actual TV was before best buy bought it and slapped the Dynex logo on it.

Monitors do not usually come with a remote, they do not have a way to manually change channels, they do not generally have hook ups for co-ax cable, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Monitors do not usually come with a remote, they do not have a way to manually change channels, they do not generally have hook ups for co-ax cable, etc.
    Would contrast ratio and response time vary between the two or are they rather identical in specs excluding the additional bonuses you gain with an actual TV such as extra inputs and a remote, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by refire View Post
    The 24 inch tv for 80 usd and the 23 inch monitor for 120 usd. I stated that those were the products in question pretty clearly. I didn't want to provide direct links because they show the undiscounted rates that Chaud's link shows and I mentioned what specifically from the links I was talking about. I was trying to prevent people ignoring the text clicking the link and stating well the monitor is x amount cheaper why wouldn't you just get that.
    Well, it's really difficult to compare the two if you don't know the specs. The monitor is a HP LED monitor and the tv is a rebranded LCD. That alone will give you the difference in price.
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Well, it's really difficult to compare the two if you don't know the specs. The monitor is a HP LED monitor and the tv is a rebranded LCD. That alone will give you the difference in price.
    I don't even know what you're trying to get at. I more so don't know the differences between a tv and a monitor other than a tv will have component inpunts (in most situations) and a remote.

Would contrast ratio and response time vary between the two or are they rather identical in specs excluding the additional bonuses you gain with an actual TV such as extra inputs and a remote, etc.
    One is an LED LCD Monitor and the other is an LCD TV, you're comparing Apples to Oranges... I'm fairly certain that an LED LCD screen will look better than a plain LCD screen in almost any situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what you're trying to get at. I more so don't know the differences between a tv and a monitor other than a tv will have component inpunts (in most situations) and a remote.
    You asked:
    when they both have the same resolution but one is an inch bigger and 40 usd less?
    http://getledmonitors.com/

Other than that there's not much difference between those two. The TV doesn't list a response time, which is something I would look into. Nothing more than 5ms for me thank you.

You asked:

http://getledmonitors.com/

Other than that there's not much difference between those two. The TV doesn't list a response time, which is something I would look into. Nothing more than 5ms for me thank you.
    That link was perfect for what I was wondering. Thanks for that post. So (and please try to understand I know very little, obviously based on my previous posts) LED is basically an ugraded and better version of LCD? Producing more true colors and thus the cost difference?

From a subjective point of view, the second monitor would just be upgrading my 19 inch lcd to the 24 inch lcd tv, primarily for more screen real estate, as well as having component inputs which will let me use my old 360 (pre hdmi output) on the monitor rather than constraining it to my tv. For these reasons it would still be quite a good deal in your guys opinion or not worth it? (My main monitor is an LED that I actually use for games and such)

That link was perfect for what I was wondering. Thanks for that post. So (and please try to understand I know very little, obviously based on my previous posts) LED is basically an ugraded and better version of LCD? Producing more true colors and thus the cost difference?
    LED is a backlight technology: it is still an LCD screen. Instead of a CFL light there is a large amount of led. This gives a more even backlight (no bright spots at the edges) which in term allows for higher contrast and better colours. The actual technology is the same so the cost difference comes from new vs. older.