Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by donniedarko7 View Post
    Stop with the diablo 3 beta news, who cares ? Blizzard don't want to give us beta keys, so they don't deserve any air time or attention about this.
    You're free to visit some other website...
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by dcmprince View Post
    Agreed, This is total bullshit blizz..... there will be tones of noobs with the same gear that ppl who do rated arena battles...... the whole point in RATED is to get something that the average played, pvper doesnt get......... stick to the 25 and make them work for there items...... not gear then the same as the rated players........
    and as a 10 man raider i do agree that the 25 man raids should get higher VP..... there is more of them and bosses have more health etc...... why do blizz keep fucking with things that are fine the way they are........ just because some whiny little 12 year old cant get his way that piss and moan to blizz and make the game easier....... STOP IT!!!!!
    if you really want us to boss kill over VP spamming, MAKE A 40 MAN RAID!!!!!!!! MAKE BT or KAZARAN A lvl 85 Raid as im sure a lot of ppl will tell you Kaza was one of the best raids and most fun.........Little red riding hood ftw...... Kung-fu panda's....... = me quitting wow after 5 years....
    Raid Heroic = Rating required conquest gear, not normal conquest gear

You can't get "heroic" pvp gear with just conquest points, so no, normal BGs don't help them.

I like the Conquest thing. I hate doing rated BGs in my realm.

Deleted
    This is actually a GOOD change if you think about it, for 2 main reasons:1: BALANCEPeople want PvP to be more balanced in a lot of threads that I've seen, thus leading to this being a *GOOD IDEA*. We all hate losing random battlegrounds due to a number of people HK farming, not playing by the objective don't we? This CP change will positively influence the way random battlegrounds run. The games will be much more balanced now and meaningful, (since players will actually get rewarded by playing the objective) and won't be a 3-0 blowout due to lots of people not caring about the actual *objective* of battlegrounds, therefore resulting in a more balanced way that CPs are conceived. This in turn leading into the second point which people are getting mad over that really shouldn't be making them rage.2: MORE PLAYERS BEING GEAREDI don't see why people are getting mad over more players being able to gear up easily through this CP change? I mean, if the reason is that they can't *drop* them as fast like they do now with players having like 1.8k resilience because they're in vicious is a problem to them? Then go play Mario or Pokemon if you wanna demolish games. So what if there's going to be more people in ruthless gear, the people with the most skill will win now, unlike the unfair advantage of superior gear. It will be more challenging now for all players, which should be a good thing. Finally, to make this point. I am not saying this because you might think i'm an under-geared *gank-magnet* (I've actually got the full ruthless armor set and most of the other ruthless gear), i'm saying this because this is a way Blizzard will achieve balance in PvP (which most people want, according to multiple PvP threads etc.). Not to mention, there will still be a moderate advantage to rated players above 2200 rating in that they have the 391 weapon, shield, off-hand and thrown/bow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarax View Post
    Maybe so. But I will say that is requires a lot more work to put a 25m together then a 10m. The cap was fine the way it was before. If you were clearing 10m Firelands (7/7) chances are you didn't care if you were 120 VP from cap. More then likely you did a BH anyways for the last VP you needed. The only difference was that 25m raiders didn't have to do BH to cap. Which wasn't a big deal.
    I kinda disagree: in a 10-men raid, it is more important to bring the right classes (for buffs, abilities, etc) than in 25.
    a 25-men is probably more work in terms of cooperation during raids, but if a player dies, it is less punishing than if this happens in a 10-men.
    Further more, for a 10-men, valor points are more important, especially at the start, for the simple fact that the loot-drop ratio is higher in a 25-men, and that (especially for tier loot) the chance for something to be sharded is less apparent in 25-men. (although that evens out as time goes by)
    Blizzard has stated enough times already that 25-men and 10-men should be of equal quality, but until now this has not been reflected in loot drops, VP acquisition and legendary item acquisition. (most 10-men guilds are still collecting their first staff) which have, until now, were more in the favor of 25-men.
    (and I won't even start on the grind for fish feasts, which is the same for 10-men as for 25, something a 25-er benefits more from than a 10-men.)

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 02:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lerrielin View Post
    I see so many comments like this that demonstrate complete utter lack of comprehension of math.

3-4 failures in 10-man = 7-9 failures in 25-man. Guess what? You can't have that there either.

The other day I saw a 10-man person QQ about how 25-mans can carry 5 people but 10-mans can't, 10-mans should be made equal so it can carry 5 people also.

Oh, ok, so you want 10-man to be tuned so that it can carry HALF of its size? Cool. But you'd complain if 25-mans were tuned the same and carried 12 (not even half) of its people because 12>5!!!!

5 people in 25-man = 20%, 20% of 10 people = 2 people. 10-mans can carry 2 people. I've seen it, I've done it.[COLOR="red"]
    the poster you quoted never said that.
    If you would reread his/her post, instead of trying to look good by saying someone lacks comprehension of math, you would see the following being said, and I will put it in my own words:

In 25 men you can have 3-4 failures, in 10-men you cannot have 3-4 failures...
    And i won't answer the rest of your post, as it is based on that assumption the other one can't do math, and which I just proved to be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so sad people think that this is the "death" of 25mans when the sole purpose of that is you need tor aid to get raiding gear. you can't get Tier 13 w/out raiding and if you want raiding gear then 25 will still yield a lot more results due to the numbr of drops. VP will be of various off peices you want to get that have not been dropping for you or you want o

bg's and arena, as said above, are harder, so people should be rewarded for it.

now every tard with a bot can grind conquest gear ... that just sounds wrong.

it was good the way it was. honor gear for bg'ers

Conquest gear for arena players

and elite gear for the outstanding arena players.

so every " bracket " had its reward, now all get the same chance on 2nd best gear.

even tho it can take long if you dont have some high rating in a bg, but since all is gonna reset, its will be

cake to get some good rating and maintain that just for your weekly cap

so imo, the pvp wise change, is retarded, and kills pvp even more... esp arena and rated bg.

but we all know , blizz stopped caring about pvp 17 patches ago.... and the only reason they make gear easy available now, is

cause they lose subs cause of the whiners who dont have the patience or skills to get theyrs.

---------- Post added 2011-11-21 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Yes, your preferred playstyle should be rewarded while those who enjoy running random BG's should be shit on, amirite?
    you GET your reward for doing bg's... thats the honor gear....

arena gets the conquest gear

and outstanding arena . rbg players have theyre elite gear.

its not about prefered playstyle, its time and skill vs rewards...
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

Here we go again, blizzard caters to awfuls/casuals because they cried the most. News flash- if you can't win rbgs/a few arena games each week for your conquest points YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU DO NOT DESERVE CONQUEST GEAR. I don't know what is so hard to fathom about this? Now every retard with a bot, every retard with all day to spend will have the same gear as the people who actually earned it. Next they'll allow you to unlock elite gear from doing random bg achieves, or who knows, random drops in instances. Stop being bad, earn your gear, stop ruining the game for people who don't suck at pvp. Blizz needs to revert back to the way things where in BC, ratings got you new pieces of gear, if you sucked, all you had is honor gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehlol View Post
    ... News flash- if you can't win rbgs/a few arena games each week for your conquest points YOU ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH AND YOU DO NOT DESERVE CONQUEST GEAR. I don't know what is so hard to fathom about this? Now every retard with a bot, every retard with all day to spend will have the same gear as the people who actually earned it. ...
    There's one thing I can't stand: BEING DEPENDANT ON OTHERS!

Yes it's an mmorpg, and mmorpgs are based on dependancy... but there are two different types of dependancy.
    There is the random BG and dungeon finder dependancy, which is ok. You can't run a BG on your own, neither can you complete a dungeon on your own. But you DO NOT have to give a damn who those players are, what they think about you, when they are online and when not.
    It's a different story when it gets to Arena and RBG, this is a different type of commitment, the one I despise. I want to play with others and against others, but I don't want to depend on them.

Best solution for me would be a 1v1 Arena. Fix the balance for 1v1, introduce specific rules that prevent 1v1 arena matches from lasting 10+ minutes and everything is fine. All your achievements here would be YOURS, not being carried by anyone. 100% independency!!! Why do people hate being independent?

And stop this "PvP is balanced for 3v3" crap. What would the answer be, when I say I want to play balanced 3v3 with a triple hunter team? Well, the answer is: 3v3 is balanced, but not for that comp. Really? This is the same thing as with 1v1 currently: 1v1 is balanced, if you play specifc classes/specs. No difference, though in 3v3 they can hide the shortcomings of each indidual class, as it's not that evident why a 3v3 team fails, thus all the whining is dispersed better and not that focused (which is easier for blizz to handle).

Deleted
    Well, I want competitive PvP, but I DO NOT want to depend on others.So it's either what blizzard does in patch 4.3, or 1v1 Arena (which a lot of players would play).And don't whine regarding 40+ min matches and so on, you are always good at pointing out flaws, but can never think of a viable solution. 1v1 balance is possible, and so is a specific 1v1 arena ruleset that prevents 10+ min matches.

If you don't like being dependent on 1 other person to get conquest points (which you can buy for like 2k gold most servers and takes 15 minutes)- no one is forcing you. You just don't get the same rewards. I don't feel like I should have to team up with 9 other down syndrome back pedaling clickers to defeat bosses. I should get my raid tier gear from dungeons, or rep rewards only! Fair is fair! Oh wait, you guys cried the most because lets face it- you're bad at arena and rbgs, no one wants you in their groups, so now you feel entitled to your free conquest gear. It's a shame blizzard listened. This game needs to go back to the way it was- if you suck, you don't get jack shit, if you're good you had shit. Bads need to unsubscribe and go do something with themselves, you pollute the game anyway.