Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would love to see a remake of "Blade Runner", where they stick to the book. It wouldnt actually be a remake, it would be a totally different movie because "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" is waaaaay different than how the movie "Blade Runner" turned out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTrollingsworth View Post
    I would like to see more Twilight movies.
    You sir, made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Title says it all, what movie would you like to see remade, or what book would you wanna see made into a movie?
    None of them, hopefully. Last few attempts have been terrible.

Hollywood, please stop ruining movies from my youth!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Willow

The Neverending Story

Labrynth

I wouldn't want to see any movies remade because 9 times out of 10, the remake is nowhere near as good as the original. As far as books being made into movies, I'm still hoping the Hobbit will be finished one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Oratory View Post
    Willow

The Neverending Story

Labrynth
    Willow was awesome, but I think it would be over CGI'ed and ruined if they did it today

Quote Originally Posted by Nikvis View Post
    The harry potter films were really big disappointments and I'd like to see them be remade properly.
    Agree. There is not one Harry Potter movie that is correctly according to the book. I'd also wanna see a remake of War of The Worlds ( the old version ) the "new" one is garbage imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeaus View Post
    Aliens vs Predators : WHY?...out of all them it never truley was that Aliens vs Predators. there were humans involed and they were more of the stars then the predators. sure i know there needs to be some sort of named actors in a movie but you can make a great movie with the hero and the villian the stars.

ALL the Transformers: WHY?...i dont like any movies that have an established story line ( 4 or 5 years of cartoons and a 3 hour anemia movie ) and they dont use it other then the main characters and then they messed up on those. Bumblebee was a VW bug not a camero. Prime was a mack truck with a trailer not a peterbuilt. Shockwave was a boom box that had cassette tapes that made ravage, runble and screech not a satalite with a wurm mount thing. Skyfire wasnt a washed up SR-71. he was a Veratech fighter jet that the Autobots could actually sit in. he was freaking hugh. ill stop here on that.

ALL the Marvel movies: WHY?...again not a big fan of a movie made with story lines already in place, some for over 30 years....i wont go into detail but if any of you have a read comics and enjoyed them then you know what i am talking about.

im sure i will of a few more but this is a good start...
    This so much. Mostly the Transformers part. The 1984 cartoon movie beats all those 3 combined.

Also Eragon. It was a disappointment as a movie.

Willow

The Neverending Story

Labrynth
    Please, please, please NO. Those are some of my favorite movies as a kid. Hands off, Michael Bay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by think309 View Post
    Ender's Game. I hear there is a movie in the works, but I doubt they'll get it right :P
    I'd second this. Orson Scott Card is having problems finding a movie studio that wants to make a movie starring 6-year olds (who kill each other); they all want to make movies for teenagers. *sigh*

My book-to-movie suggestions would be:
    - Grunts by Mary Gentle: This is a middle-earth type story from the point-of-view of the bad guys... it throws in a lot of adult humor to keep it fresh.
    - A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anothony: The first of the Xanth novels, in a world in which everyone has a distinct magical power... except the lead character. With today's CGI, I believe this could be an amazing movie.

My movie remake suggestion?
    - Time Bandits!
    Last edited by Toggol; 2011-11-17 at 08:39 PM.

Willow
    Bite your tongue.

10+ Year Old Account
    the iron giant, non cartoon version. greatest movie ever!
    weeee!

10+ Year Old Account
    Eragon, they just mangled the fucking storyline with the movie...made me really sad to see a great book turn into a mangled mess of plotholes and stupidity in its movie version.

I'd like to see resident evil redone using George Romero's script as seen here: http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/r...il_romero.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Actually GM had a stroke of genius when they landed the contract for Transformers. They created so much hype for the Camaro it isn't even funny and they also showcased a few of their other upcoming cars, including the new Chevy sonic and quite a few of their concept cars.
    Translation: $$$$$$$ $$$$ $$$$$$$$!!

No offense intended But I like movies better when they aren't a big long TV commercial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilassaria View Post
    Robocop. I'd like to see it with the new snazzy tech and possibly a less zombie moving cyborg.
    It's in development apparently with a Director already signed up for it - José Padilha.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Quote Originally Posted by Klora View Post
    Avatar: The Last Airbender done right.
    I cannot think of a better example of a movie utterly slaughtering the story it is based on. I know if you are going to take an entire season of a show and fit it into one movie things are going to have to be left out. But what Shyamalan did with the Airbender movie was take everything that was good about the series and either twist it into something awful or just remove it completely.

I'm normally not a fan of remakes but this is one that I would like redone into something actually watchable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulryth View Post
    the iron giant, non cartoon version. greatest movie ever!
    Did you know Vin Diesel was the voice of the giant?

I do not want anything remade. remakes are almost never even as good as the originals and never better.

As for books I would like to see made into movies, Christopher Moore's Vampire Love Story series would be alot of fun, if cast correctly. I mostly just want to see how they would cast Abby Normal.

I also hope they never, ever make the Ender's Game movie. There is no way in hell it will ever be made the way it should so they should just not bother. Same goes for the Akira and Cowboy Bebop live action movies. Just Stop, Hollywood.

15+ Year Old Account
    N o n e