Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    no remakes whatsoever, though i'd like a remastered version of Hotel Bagdad.
    And a Book i'd like to see made to a movie is "The Silmarillion", it has huge potential if done right.

i dont think there is really any movie i would like to see them remake but as for books into movies i would love for them to make The Dark Tower series by stephen king into a movie franchise though it would take extremley clever writing and directing cause even when you read the books your kinda confused a lot and dont know why things are happening till the seventh one but still its one of the greatest stories ive ever read

Deleted
    Remade movie

Enter the dragon, - I know some people would cry at a remake of this classic Bruce lee movie. However if it was redone with Jet Li and a decent director then I could see it being a success.

Earthquake 74 - Set round LA This would make a fantastic big budget disaster movie.

Books to be made into a movie -
    Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy series. - Yes I know they done one movie, But lets face it that movie was the bastard child of a movie that had many many flaws and had very little to do with the series of books towards the end expect for the characters. For this to work it would need to be authentic to the books and not, I repeat not have the director take "creative license" to try and improve the movie.

Pandora's Star and Judas unchained by Peter F Hamilton.
    I was given these books by a friend who knows how much I love Sci-fi. These are some epic books and part of a much larger universe of books spanning 1000's of years and would make for some truly epic big screen moments, especially if a director such as Spielberg or Cameron where in charge.

the follow up's to 2001 and 2010 Movies by Arthur C Clarke 2064 and 3001
    Both of these deserve to be, and should be make it to the big screen. Out of the hundreds of sci-fi books I have read these are in my opinion some of the best. Sure they can be slow moving and very character orientated which may put some people off, but any true sci-fi buff would love to see these on the silver screen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexes View Post
    remakes are not always bad. texas chainsaw massacre, last house on the left, fright night and a lot of more movies. i mean its not like "wow this remake is so good omfg
    better than the original" but they are decent non the less. you can watch them withyout getting eye cancer for the most of the part. and i wanna see a remake of
    hitchcocks psycho.
    because its too old for all those kids nowadays so they miss out on such a good movie. remade by tarantino or rodriguez plz ^^
    Your insane. Remake Psycho? They tried that once already and yeah... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0155975/

While your at it, lets remake Citizen Kane, The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, Apocalypse Now, The Godfather, Dr. Strangelove, and Seven Samurai... please god, I do not want to live in THAT world...

The only thing that bugged me about Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was this, in the movie Harry finds the book goes "geez I wonder who this half blood prince is" then they go "I dunno" then at the end of the movie Snape mentions in passing that he is the Half Blood Prince. The book on the other hand delved more into them trying to figure out who the half blood prince was not just in passing..... considering the book was called Half Blood Prince and not Harry Potter makes some potions

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Royale, with more... localized actors. Kiriyama and Mitsuko would be amusing casts.

I know it would be garbage, but it'd be a hilariously droll thing to witness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see a remake of the old Clash of the Titans. Also, on a slightly unrelated note, they really need to release prequels for the old Star Wars trilogy. Both of those would be AWESOME MOVIES with INCREDIBLY TALENTED ACTORS.

Oh wait, lol.

Nah in all seriousness, they should probably remake the Rocky Horror picture show, or if Curry's too old to play the actual part, do a sequel.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinax View Post
    I would love to see a remake of the old Clash of the Titans. Also, on a slightly unrelated note, they really need to release prequels for the old Star Wars trilogy. Both of those would be AWESOME MOVIES with INCREDIBLY TALENTED ACTORS.

Oh wait, lol.

Nah in all seriousness, they should probably remake the Rocky Horror picture show, or if Curry's too old to play the actual part, do a sequel.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_curry
    Timothy James "Tim" Curry (born 19 April 1946)

{Curry in New York City in 2010}

He's 65 years old. This is not the transvestite you're looking for...

Cast Justin Bieber and you got another cult classic. Just less of his music and more of someone elses
    Last edited by Karteli; 2011-11-18 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted
    Lord of the Rings, not because they're bad but rather because I would like to see them in 3D and perhaps Blu-Ray

The Mask and Spawn.

God I want those remakes so terribly badly.

Deleted
    The Serpentwar Saga from the books of Raymond E. Feist, the only 'sagas' that I found truly epic, the other ones were..good, but none came close to Serpentwar!

The rogue Roo Avery and "good guy" Erik von Darkmoor such a cool team! More interesting than cliché Pug & Thomas..

Throw in mad man Nakor, Emerald Queen's armies, the Saaur horde, awesome Demons, Pantathian lizard nests under the mountains etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    The Serpentwar Saga from the books of Raymond E. Feist, the only 'sagas' that I found truly epic, the other ones were..good, but none came close to Serpentwar!

The rogue Roo Avery and "good guy" Erik von Darkmoor such a cool team! More interesting than cliché Pug & Thomas..

Throw in mad man Nakor, Emerald Queen's armies, the Saaur horde, awesome Demons, Pantathian lizard nests under the mountains etc.
    I would really like this idea. I loved those books, but i disagree with you on the first book, it could be made into a good movie too.

Dark City is one of those movies that I always felt could use a really good update. Its entire production design was spot on, but they could use to remove quite a few of the special effects (imagine the TK without all those stupid distortion effects) and clean up the over the top ending. I really enjoy Dark City as a whole, I just feel that it pulled some punches then got a little too big for its own britches. Get Duncan Jones or Darren Arnofsky to direct it.

As far as books go, I'd love to see The Black Company series get the Song of Ice and Fire treatment. A good miniseries on one of the premium networks that isn't afraid to get into the nitty-gritty, while still keeping a focused tone and character driven story would be amazing in the universe that Glen Cook has created.

Bladerunner or Logan's Run. (or really any of those 60-80s cult classic scifi movies that could benefit from the advances in bluescreen technology and CGI).

Feist, Heinlein, and Eddings come to mind as source material for new movies... but who'd want to see them as movies when they could be given the Game of Thrones treatment ?

(Servant of the Empire... omg.)

10+ Year Old Account
    eragon...movie sucked compared to the books
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Live action Brave little Toaster
    YES! One of my favourite movies growing up!! As for the OP, can't think of anything I want remade, but I think I'd like to see something by HP Lovecraft turned into a movie (Call of Cthulu anyone?). And, while this isn't a book, I think the first Diablo game would make a great movie (if done properly).

Deleted
    Ender's Game

I heard they're working on it.

at first i was gonan throw out all the good books ive read and say i wanna see them as films, then i realized, a movie will only ruin a perfectly good book. so i decided i don't wanan see my favorite books in tv. just look at Legend of the seeker... the only thing that the books and series have in common is the names of characters, besides that, its 2 completly diffrent stories.

However, somethign id love to see becomign a movie whould be pretty much any of the jedi knight games (jedi academy jedi outcast and whatever the previous one was called).