Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Build anything you want, start at Dirt House with Ladders and end at Gigantic Capital City with thousand meters of roads Huge Houses and total freedom to rebuild and change it into something else. Your mind is a hole with millions of plans. Just think, create, share, and swim in glory that you made something majestic

Everyone pretty much said it before, I mean it has the same *point* as LEGOS but virtual.

So, you made a thread to say you don't like a video game and to promote a game that you do like?

What's the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    So, you made a thread to say you don't like a video game and to promote a game that you do like?

What's the point?
    Thread was created months ago. I typically only bother to lurk these boards, but it seems everybody typically posting on the Minecraft board has already made plenty of responses to the OP's question - can't people let it go and let this thread die? :S
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

As any game the point is: Fun.
    /end thread

whats the point of wow? kkilling bosses? when u did all that what then? whats the point of CoD? getting full prestige mode? whats the point of life?

I don't understand why the western market is so horny for sandbox games, honestly. I can't play a game without a story, personally. If I want to create stuff I usually do it through painting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    I don't understand why the western market is so horny for sandbox games, honestly. I can't play a game without a story, personally. If I want to create stuff I usually do it through painting.
    In minecraft, you make the story! The limit is your imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Theyve made weak attempts to give minecraft a point, but from everything I've seen, it's still just a simple lego simulator at best. Terraria is better in pretty much every way.
    This is quite a limited review actually.

You can't compare Terraria with Minecraft. They are both completely different.

OK, you mine in both of them and you build in them. But let's be honest, who actually builds great structures(except for your base) in Terraria?
    In Terraria you defeat big bad bosses, in Minecraft you create legendary structures with blocks.

I find Minecraft a lot more fun, but that's just my opinion. And I agree that the combat system and the boss system in Terraria is a lot better, but when it comes to building. Minecraft wins that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    I find Minecraft a lot more fun, but that's just my opinion. And I agree that the combat system and the boss system in Terraria is a lot better, but when it comes to building. Minecraft wins that one.
    Only if you prefer 3d, otherwise Terraria wins with number of materials and furniture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Only if you prefer 3d, otherwise Terraria wins with number of materials and furniture.
    Minecraft beats Terraria in that regard with modding. But we aren't talking about mods here, and you're completely right - vanilla Minecraft has very little content.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Minecraft beats Terraria in that regard with modding. But we aren't talking about mods here, and you're completely right - vanilla Minecraft has very little content.
    I could live without actual content only if there was enough building material. Currently I am forced to use the weakest and most flammable material for colored blocks, Terraria at least had colored bricks.

And no, modding isnt always answer as they often conflict with each-other (block id sharing and such). Hopefully modding API makes it easier to manage in 1.3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I could live without actual content only if there was enough building material. Currently I am forced to use the weakest and most flammable material for colored blocks, Terraria at least had colored bricks.

And no, modding isnt always answer as they often conflict with each-other (block id sharing and such). Hopefully modding API makes it easier to manage in 1.3
    Modding is the only answer if you want actual content in your game. Because of block ID and terrain sprite ID and all kinds of other conflicts you usually end up having to choose which kind of content you want, though.

Minecraft's basically still in a beta form.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    Minecraft is not a game imo, just a sandbox. if you created a farm and a bed you completed survival mode. Upgrading your gear to diamond is pointless since it will all break if you use it. Try Terraria if you are looking for a game like that where you can achieve something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkwouter View Post
    Minecraft is not a game imo, just a sandbox. if you created a farm and a bed you completed survival mode. Upgrading your gear to diamond is pointless since it will all break if you use it. Try Terraria if you are looking for a game like that where you can achieve something.
    This is the kind of viewpoint that will ultimately prevent Minecraft from becoming something truly great.

But then again, all of the content is coming from modders. I just hope they hurry the hell up with 1.3 and the modding API so modding is easier and with fewer incompatibilities.

its a lot of fun, you can build anything