Thread: NCAA football

Page 11 of 141 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I heard an interview with RG3 the other day on Scott Van Pelt and he seem pretty classy and polite. Good guy to win the award and its cool that it came from a smaller team in Baylor and not the usual USC/Flordia/Alabama/Ohio S.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wasnt mad about RG3 gettin it job well done

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Yea I heard an interview with RG3 the other day on Scott Van Pelt and he seem pretty classy and polite. Good guy to win the award and its cool that it came from a smaller team in Baylor and not the usual USC/Flordia/Alabama/Ohio S.
    Considering Alabama only have 1 Heisman winner and that was Mark Ingram in 2009, I don't see how they are "The usual"

10+ Year Old Account
    Right man won tonight. I think that he has a bright future if he does not let the Heisman jinx get him.

Surprised to see a lack of talk about the bowl games. Then again, I guess most of us here are Bama fans it seems

I feel bad for Arkansas. I would have liked to haev seen them against Boise. They could show them what a real SEC team plays like. They still think they got the best of the SEC with UGA. They could not be more wrong.

Stoked for the big game! Going to Nola if it is remotely possible. I am going to go out on a limb and say 24-17 Bama. I think for them to do that AJ has to throw for over 200 yards with at least 2 or 3 big plays to open up the running game.

Lets Roll! Roll Tide!
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-12-11 at 08:57 AM.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    NOOO!!!! i dont even want him to try for 200 yds not saying he cant because as the season has progress Bama fans have watched AJ mature from a "game manager" to a reliable QB

tho i am sure this time around there will be more points on the board for both teams id rather see McCarron work the ball down the field with Trent doing most the heavy lifting

15+ Year Old Account
    Next week is the start of Capital One Bowl "Week." Anyone else find it hilarious that there are now so many bowls and they are so spread out that Bowl Week now last SIXTEEN days and that isn't including the additional week after Jan 2nd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Next week is the start of Capital One Bowl "Week." Anyone else find it hilarious that there are now so many bowls and they are so spread out that Bowl Week now last SIXTEEN days and that isn't including the additional week after Jan 2nd.
    Yeah its crazy that there spread out and really they should get rid of about half the bowl games anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its crazy that there spread out and really they should get rid of about half the bowl games anyways.
    agreed at least half are pointless aside from the money net the bcs gets from them

Or that my team, Illinois, is 6-6 and is playing 6-7 UCLA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    Or that my team, Illinois, is 6-6 and is playing 6-7 UCLA.
    The only part I find especially comical about that is that UCLA had to get permission from the NCAA to accept a bowl bid as a sub-.500 team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, let the brand promotions begin! Where even coin tosses are sponsored.

I hate myself for having a M.S. in marketing.

I sure hope you other Bama fans watched that Yelawolf clip. Dude is straight out of Gadsden! I am not a big hip-hop guy and I loved it. The fact that it is on Conan and Travis is banging that drums does not hurt.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Yes, let the brand promotions begin! Where even coin tosses are sponsored.

I hate myself for having a M.S. in marketing.

I sure hope you other Bama fans watched that Yelawolf clip. Dude is straight out of Gadsden! I am not a big hip-hop guy and I loved it. The fact that it is on Conan and Travis is banging that drums does not hurt.
    This made me think of how awesome it was when teams still name there stadiums after the team like Cowboys stadium and not something lame like Pink Taco stadium. http://www.azcentral.com/sports/spec...dium21-ON.html do yall remember that lulz. As for the bowl games yeah I hate some of the names of the bowls like The Insight bowl, Eagle Bank Bowl, Humanitarian Bowl,Poulan Weed-Eater Independence Bowl. I mean wth can't the be classic and have the names like the Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl,Rose Bowl and not have some crazy sponsor at the beginning or end of the bowl name its not like they are hurting for money.

10+ Year Old Account
    This made me think of how awesome it was when teams still name there stadiums after the team like Cowboys stadium and not something lame like Pink Taco stadium. http://www.azcentral.com/sports/spec...dium21-ON.html do yall remember that lulz. As for the bowl games yeah I hate some of the names of the bowls like The Insight bowl, Eagle Bank Bowl, Humanitarian Bowl,Poulan Weed-Eater Independence Bowl. I mean wth can't the be classic and have the names like the Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl,Rose Bowl and not have some crazy sponsor at the beginning or end of the bowl name its not like they are hurting for money.
    totally agree y not just run their ads through out the broadcast like the superbowl

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe that is real! Pink Taco!? That is an actual restaurant!? Was the Hard Cock taken? Or do they not want in the chicken biz?
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I can't believe that is real! Pink Taco!? That is an actual restaurant!? Was the Hard Cock taken? Or do they not want in the chicken biz?
    I remember when they were trying to do it and a tiny bit of me wanted it to happen so it would create a domino effect that would kill off sponsored named bowl games.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Nevada Wolfpack is going to the Hawaii Bowl this year. To get the entire team, staff, cheerleaders, and some band to the game they are chartering a plan for nearly $400,000. That is paid for by the conference thankfully. However, the school needs to pay for accommodations for all of those people which eats up the vast majority of the payout from the bowl (some portion of $750,000). Usually some schools can make up some of their costs by selling their allotment of tickets. So far they have sold 10 tickets. 10. Why exactly is there a bowl game in Hawaii again? The fans can't go because it is way to costly. The schools pay out tons of money to travel and stay there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Nevada Wolfpack is going to the Hawaii Bowl this year. To get the entire team, staff, cheerleaders, and some band to the game they are chartering a plan for nearly $400,000. That is paid for by the conference thankfully. However, the school needs to pay for accommodations for all of those people which eats up the vast majority of the payout from the bowl (some portion of $750,000). Usually some schools can make up some of their costs by selling their allotment of tickets. So far they have sold 10 tickets. 10. Why exactly is there a bowl game in Hawaii again? The fans can't go because it is way to costly. The schools pay out tons of money to travel and stay there.
    As a player it would be nice to go to Hawaii but yeah I don't get why they have a bowl game out there it's to costly to travel there thou it would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    NCAA will announce the final sanctions against Ohio State at 3 EST today. Can't wait to see if they are actually serious about punishing OSU or if they will slap them on the wrist despite the OSU situation being much, much worse than the Reggie Bush USC scandal was that got heavily punished.

My prediction: The NCAA will stay with what OSU self-imposed in the abandoning last year's wins. Despite there being years of no institutional control, players getting suspended left and right this year, players continuing to violate NCAA rules even while suspended (Posey and the rest drawing paychecks for a job they don't work), etc. I really expect the NCAA to fail in their job to control this nonsense again.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-20 at 04:46 PM.

Tell me how the season ends, I stopped watching after they announced the rematch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supalupa View Post
    Tell me how the season ends, I stopped watching after they announced the rematch.
    Its basically over. Even if Bama beats LSU there is basically no way to convince a lot of people they will be the real National Champions after having lost to LSU on their home field and without having won their division or conference.

Rumor has it the Ohio State sanctions are as follows:
    2012 Bowl and post season ban
    Show-Cause penalty for Tressel where any team that wants to hire him has to meet with the NCAA and may face penalties themselves for hiring him
    Three years probation
    Nine reduced scholarships over three years

So in summation, total bullshit. How does an institution with an enormous systemic issue stretching back years get away with essentially half the penalty USC got for infractions that weren't as bad as the ones at OSU? USC got two years of no post season, lost thirty scholarships, lost all wins from 2004 to 2005 in football, all wins in 2007-08 for basketball, and all women's tennis wins in 2006-2009 (for long distance phone violations (seriously)). OSU has players trading their memorabilia for tattoos and drugs, has players working at fake jobs where they draw paychecks, gets discounted car deals, has memorabilia dealers working as sideline photographers, etc.