Thread: NCAA football

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Missouri would lose to all the 4 loss teams or less in the B1G.
    This gave me a good chuckle. We will see soon enough. According to the bowl schedule I saw the SEC will play the Big 10 at least 3 times.

Rumors are flying about Ohio State in the Sugar now too

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Thats bullshit. MSU is a very good team with a great defense. They would play auburn tougher then Missouri did.
    I agree that MSU is a really strong team. Would be a tough match for just about anyone. I just do not see them putting up enough points to have hung with Auburn, and Mizzou was 12th in scoring D before today.
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-12-08 at 06:23 AM.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Missouri would shit on Michigan State. I seriously question if some of you actually follow football. So much Anti-SEC in here when the SEC has been proving it's dominance for the past decade.

FSU isn't going to crap on anyone. If anything it's going to be a shoot out.
    with all those rushing yards Mizzou gave up? LOLOLOL.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    with all those rushing yards Mizzou gave up? LOLOLOL.
    Auburn ran the ball good on Bama too. They can run it on anyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    Auburn ran the ball good on Bama too. They can run it on anyone.
    my point was, Mizzou doesn't have that good of a defense. and Auburn didn't run for 545 yards against Bama. 545 rushing yards against is ridic. idc who you are.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Per ESPN.

NC game- Florida St vs. AUburn
    Suger Bowl- Alabama vs. Oklahoma
    Rose Bowl-Mich St vs. Stanford
    Orange Bowl- Ohio St vs. Clemson
    Fiesta Bowl- UCF vs. Baylor
    Is that for sure? Or just ESPN's guess?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Is that for sure? Or just ESPN's guess?
    that is ESPN's guess. though i would think MSU vs Stanford in the Rose and Auburn vs FSU in the NCG is locked in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan State has arguably the best defense in the country. Fewest yards against in the country and 4th fewest points per game. I would suggest that MSU could beat most of the folks in the top 10.

And shitting on the integrity of the win against OSU is bad form; shame on you. OSU is a great team this year and has a stellar coach. Don't discredit the win. Michigan State played a great team that just was not as good!

I love the smell of roses in the morning!!
    Last edited by Thandorr; 2013-12-08 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Grammar

Highly doubt that.

please BCS people put ohio state against Bama. I want to see them score even less.

- - - Updated - - -

Per ESPN.

NC game- Florida St vs. AUburn
    Suger Bowl- Alabama vs. Oklahoma
    Rose Bowl-Mich St vs. Stanford
    Orange Bowl- Ohio St vs. Clemson
    Fiesta Bowl- UCF vs. Baylor
    Lets play pick out the team that doesnt belong. Heres a hint its in bold

10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan State should be in, instead of Auburn, but they won't be, because of SEC favoritism. The SEC only looks good because all the SEC teams are ranked and they play each other. I mean, when Missouri only loses two games in the SEC, you know it's overrated. FSU is going to crap on Auburn.

Auburn isn't undefeated in conference play, they don't deserve to be there over MSU.
    Big Ten: Two teams with two losses or less
    SEC: Four teams with two losses or less

Am I missing something?

Also, Auburn's opponents' win-loss percentage is more than FSU's.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-12-08 at 08:46 AM.

wow... Rutgers gets Notre Dame in the Pinstripe Bowl? What did we do to deserve playing such a renowned program this year? 6-6? 3-5 in a mediocre conference?

15+ Year Old Account
    that is ESPN's guess. though i would think MSU vs Stanford in the Rose and Auburn vs FSU in the NCG is locked in.
    So happy MSU beat OSU. Really hope they beat Stanford. Too bad their offense wasn't on track yet when they played ND or they would be talking about a shot at the title.

Completely making up for Michigan's terrible year, I finished #1 on Yahoo College Pick'em. Pretty thrilled about that.

so the Orange Bowl is the overrated-no defense-we lost the big games that mattered bowl?

Clemson vs Ohio Stae...can both teams lose? I mean trying to cheer for someone in that game would be like if Al Qaeda and the Nazis had a game and you had to cheer for someone

Michigan State should be in, instead of Auburn, but they won't be, because of SEC favoritism. The SEC only looks good because all the SEC teams are ranked and they play each other. I mean, when Missouri only loses two games in the SEC, you know it's overrated. FSU is going to crap on Auburn.

Auburn isn't undefeated in conference play, they don't deserve to be there over MSU.
    And MSU lost to Notre Dame... Blame yourself for that one.
    Keep The Beats!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    And MSU lost to Notre Dame... Blame yourself for that one.
    no. Michigan State lost to Notre Dame + Flag Happy Referees who got two calls blatently wrong MONTHS AGO when our offense was still trying to get on track.

Does anyone hold Auburn losing to LSU against them? No, because it was on the road, and Auburn has improved since then.

the same goes for Michigan State. our Offense was AWFUL months ago. it got better as the season went on. now i don't want MSU in the NCG, i'm quite happy with the Rose Bowl, but i'm just putting it in perspective.

Does anyone hold Auburn losing to LSU against them? No, because it was on the road, and Auburn has improved since then.
    playing at LSU is probably the hardest place in the country to play at. Probably similar to playing in the NFL at Seattle

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    playing at LSU is probably the hardest place in the country to play at. Probably similar to playing in the NFL at Seattle
    i agree it is a hard enviroment to play in. my point was, MSU didn't even really have there offense set when they played ND, we had just started using Connor Cook as our QB and had glaring issues. that was 2 months ago. a lot has changed since then, and again, i'll point out that the referees gifted ND 14 points in that game on pass interference penalties that shouldn't have been called.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    ESPN has Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl against Alabama. I can't see how they'd want two Big 12 teams in BCS bowls when they could just as easily slide Oregon into that slot - and two Pac-12 teams would be much more attractive. Bleacher Report from CNN has Oregon vs Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. Oregon vs Alabama would be much more attractive on a national level as well.
    Last edited by cubby; 2013-12-08 at 07:08 PM.

AP poll:
    1 Florida State (56)
    2 Auburn (4)
    3 Alabama
    4 Michigan State
    5 Stanford

I think MSU got a very generous bump but whatever it doesn't matter

sibut, where you at bro? what happened? I'm not even seeing OSU in the top 5 man?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    AP poll:
    1 Florida State (56)
    2 Auburn (4)
    3 Alabama
    4 Michigan State
    5 Stanford

I think MSU got a very generous bump but whatever it doesn't matter

sibut, where you at bro? what happened? I'm not even seeing OSU in the top 5 man?
    i too think MSU got bumped too high. 6-8 would have been fine.