Thread: NCAA football

Page 2 of 141 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
102
... LastLast
  1. #21
    There is a big difference between those two teams. Bama plays a tougher schedule. Has a much better defense as well so they do not need to come back from behind by a huge sum of points. Clemson has had to come back after being down at the start of the second half against Maryland. That shouldn't happen to a top ranked team, but that's just my opinion.

  2. #22
    Bye bye Clemson.

    This really comes down to Bama, Oregon and Oklahoma. Houston won't be in the conversation.

  3. #23
    For the record, as long as LSU splits it's final two games, it is virtually locked for the title game. If Bama wins out, they're locked in. Oregon doesn't play anyone else to get the boost they would need to jump up. The Pac 12 South is absolute garbage. Nobody they could play in a Conference title(UCLA/Utah/ASU) is even remotely a quality team. Oklahoma's one shot at a boost was beating an undefeated OK St team. Which now won't happen.

    There is a distinct possibility we could have a Title Game featuring two teams that did not even win their conference. Bama fan or not, even I think that sucks. But that is the system we have. There will be a mass rebellion if it happens. It's a shame for Boise though. Had they won out, they had the argument to get in.

  4. #24
    Yeah, Oregon's only hope is to beat USC and have Bama lose. That's the only way I see them making it to the title game.

  5. #25
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,537
    So wow Oregon is getting a beat down atm and and the sooners are only up by a TD to baylor in the 3rd this is nuts.

  6. #26
    3, possibly 4 top 7 teams knocked out this weekend. Wow.

  7. #27
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,061
    Ok St. lost. Clemson lost. Oregon lost. Oklahoma lost.

    This competition just blew wide open folks!

    Seriously, if Stanford loses, even if they don't, the top three teams are likely to be all SEC teams. Oklahoma State is likely to fall a few places, but not too far, since everyone has two losses now. They may even stay above Arkansas and Stanford, but we're looking a more real possibility of LSU/Bama in the title game.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  8. #28
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,193
    So, as an attendee of both Iowa State and the game last night, just wanna say that the OK St game was nuts. It went absolutely ballistic!

    Anyways: this week is absolutely ridiculous. Oklahoma St, Oklahoma, and Oregon. If LSU loses I can't see them dropping far at all. If Bama loses then VTech might have a shot (if LSU wins out)

    Holy shit this is ridiculous

  9. #29
    I really wish the BCS would go away.

  10. #30
    High Overlord Nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    174
    ah yes the glory of collegiate football great weekend for sport fans so far it does seem that Bama goes to the title without having to play in the SEC championship given LSU doesn't lose to Arkansas
    which puts us (Bama) in the better position being that we don't have to risk missing out on the BCS title game in a SEC championship loss and already having beaten Arkansas which puts all the pressure squarely on LSU to win out

    either way i like our odds in a rematch

  11. #31
    Well Shit. Im pretty dissappointed now! Clemson had the doors opened up for them. All they had to do was win. Both games they lost this year I didnt get to watch. Programming lost this game for them! Conspiracy. (Today's game was Option for Clemson vs. NC State or Penn State vs Ohio State on ESPN. PS vs OS Got ESPN and ABC. I was pretty pissed.)

    At least I was right in my first post. Oregon, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, all lost.

    I still stand firmly though that Alabama will NOT be playing in the BCS title game against LSU. I can't say now who I would put in there, but it won't be the Tide.

  12. #32
    High Overlord Nino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Tuscaloosa, Alabama
    Posts
    174
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass0wnage View Post
    Well Shit. Im pretty dissappointed now! Clemson had the doors opened up for them. All they had to do was win. Both games they lost this year I didnt get to watch. Programming lost this game for them! Conspiracy. (Today's game was Option for Clemson vs. NC State or Penn State vs Ohio State on ESPN. PS vs OS Got ESPN and ABC. I was pretty pissed.)

    At least I was right in my first post. Oregon, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, all lost.

    I still stand firmly though that Alabama will NOT be playing in the BCS title game against LSU. I can't say now who I would put in there, but it won't be the Tide.
    Ok its cute that you are standing by your statement but im just curious as to the thought process of it
    I mean in all honesty anything could happen but in terms of the last two games left for Bama and LSU ..... LSU stands a way higher chance at an upset with Arkansas and if they make it past them there's still the chance they could lose in the SEC Title against Georgia

    now on the flip side of the Bama - LSU equation all Bama needs to do at this point is put away Auburn and they look like a lock for the title game regardless of how it plays out for LSU

    so can you please explain to me how/and or why Bama cant go to the BCS title?

    remember Florida and Florida ST had rematches for the title in all likelihood its very real possibility for it happening again and if it does its still not a bad thing in my eyes on alot of levels #1 mainly my team gets another shot at the title and LSU #2 it makes the argument for a play off system even stronger than the flaky BCS system so win win in my eyes
    Last edited by Nino; 2011-11-20 at 10:53 PM.

  13. #33
    Moderator Skarsguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ravenloft usually
    Posts
    2,537
    I like how non SEC fans are crying foul about how LSU/Bama or Arkansas could get into the National Title game. Those 3 teams are better then anybody in the country at the moment and I don't want to hear about the bottom of the sec because every conference has a bottom list esp big 10 and pac 10 err 12. Yeah the SEC east is down this year but look at the Pac 12 south Lulz that is just a terrible division and the Big Ten is getting decided by 2 loss teams. The big east is a joke and so is the ACC. With that said knowing the west coast voters they will try to squeeze Stanford or Oregon in the chase.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I like how non SEC fans are crying foul about how LSU/Bama or Arkansas could get into the National Title game. Those 3 teams are better then anybody in the country at the moment and I don't want to hear about the bottom of the sec because every conference has a bottom list esp big 10 and pac 10 err 12. Yeah the SEC east is down this year but look at the Pac 12 south Lulz that is just a terrible division and the Big Ten is getting decided by 2 loss teams. The big east is a joke and so is the ACC. With that said knowing the west coast voters they will try to squeeze Stanford or Oregon in the chase.
    It would be akin to taking two of the 1 seeds in basketball and instead of doing the March Madness tournament, they just have those two teams play and say the winner is the best team in the nation.

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Bask in the glory that is the SEC! 1, 2, and 3! First time ever.

    This really is not even an SEC thing right now, just the SEC West. Georgia would be 6-5 if they were in the west. Those bums lost to Boise. Divisions are just hurting the SEC right now and I hope they do with football like they did in bball (stoked for Bama hoops.

    I am obviously biased, but the writing is on the wall now. The 3 best teams, I was only saying 2, but now the 3 best teams are all from the SEC West. I maintain that Bama is still the best. They will have the "best" loss out there. Never know what will happen in the Iron Bowl, but Bama has an ax to grind. That 2nd half footage was played all year for this Bama team.

    Oregon had the best shot at a rematch if they had ran the table. That freshman, #9, just ate the Ducks breakfast. It always sucks to get out coached by little Kiffin too.
    Bama looked like poo, but Ga. Southern is a legit team. Were 9-1 going in. They just showed the whole country how to beat the Tide, run. I am shocked at how many yards on the ground they put up. That and special teams.

    LSU just bullies opponents into submission. Only way to beat them is to not hurt yourself. Bama screwed up too many times to win, but have been the closest by far. I want a rematch soooo bad.

    All I can say for sure is that it has been an awesome season so far. Fans all over have to be happy with the great games we have seen this year. The USC and Baylor games last night were amazing. Just imagine how epic a playoff would be!

    Roll Tide and Happy Thanksgiving to all the Yanks!

    - Trent Richardson for Heisman! 175 yards and 3 TDs yesterday.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I like how non SEC fans are crying foul about how LSU/Bama or Arkansas could get into the National Title game. Those 3 teams are better then anybody in the country at the moment and I don't want to hear about the bottom of the sec because every conference has a bottom list esp big 10 and pac 10 err 12. Yeah the SEC east is down this year but look at the Pac 12 south Lulz that is just a terrible division and the Big Ten is getting decided by 2 loss teams. The big east is a joke and so is the ACC. With that said knowing the west coast voters they will try to squeeze Stanford or Oregon in the chase.
    No. Arkansas is not one of the top 3 teams in America. They are so unbelievably overrated its not funny. I would take Stanford, Boise, probably Oregon and hell maybe even Houston.

  17. #37
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    No. Arkansas is not one of the top 3 teams in America. They are so unbelievably overrated its not funny. I would take Stanford, Boise, probably Oregon and hell maybe even Houston.
    I really don't see that reasoning. I mean, their only loss has been to #2 (#3 at the time) Alabama. And taking Stanford over VTech is a bit ridiculous.

    This is how I see it going down. A few options:

    #1: LSU wins out, Oklahoma beats OK State, Auburn beats Alabama, VTech wins out. LSU vs. VTech in the championship
    #2: LSU and Alabama win out. LSU vs. Alabama in the championship
    #3: LSU loses to Arkansas, Alabama wins out. Arkansas vs. Alabama in the championship
    #4: OK State wins, LSU wins out, Alabama loses to Auburn. OK State vs. LSU in the championship
    #5: LSU wins out, OK State/VTech/Alabama lose, Stanford wins out. LSU vs. Stanford in the championship
    #6: LSU loses to Arkansas, Alabama beats Auburn and then loses to Georgia, OK State beats Oklahoma. OK State vs. Arkansas in the championship
    #7: LSU beats Arkansas and loses to Georgia, Alabama beats Auburn, OK State beats Oklahoma. OK State vs. Alabama in the championship
    #8: LSU beats Arkansas and loses to Georgia, Alabama loses to Auburn, Oklahoma beats OK State. VTech vs. Stanford OR VTech vs. LSU (I highly doubt a loss to Georgia would drop them far and with that other chaos they would probably retain #2)

    I don't see how Oregon/Houston/Boise State could possibly make it into the championship

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjona View Post
    I really don't see that reasoning. I mean, their only loss has been to #2 (#3 at the time) Alabama. And taking Stanford over VTech is a bit ridiculous.

    This is how I see it going down. A few options:

    #1: LSU wins out, Oklahoma beats OK State, Auburn beats Alabama, VTech wins out. LSU vs. VTech in the championship
    #2: LSU and Alabama win out. LSU vs. Alabama in the championship
    #3: LSU loses to Arkansas, Alabama wins out. Arkansas vs. Alabama in the championship
    #4: OK State wins, LSU wins out, Alabama loses to Auburn. OK State vs. LSU in the championship
    #5: LSU wins out, OK State/VTech/Alabama lose, Stanford wins out. LSU vs. Stanford in the championship
    #6: LSU loses to Arkansas, Alabama beats Auburn and then loses to Georgia, OK State beats Oklahoma. OK State vs. Arkansas in the championship
    #7: LSU beats Arkansas and loses to Georgia, Alabama beats Auburn, OK State beats Oklahoma. OK State vs. Alabama in the championship
    #8: LSU beats Arkansas and loses to Georgia, Alabama loses to Auburn, Oklahoma beats OK State. VTech vs. Stanford OR VTech vs. LSU (I highly doubt a loss to Georgia would drop them far and with that other chaos they would probably retain #2)

    I don't see how Oregon/Houston/Boise State could possibly make it into the championship
    I didn't say it as legitimate options for the title game. Just teams I'd rather see over Arkansas. Honestly, I forgot about VTech. I hadn't looked at the new standings until now. VT fifth is a little surprising to me. They've been completely off the radar. They haven't really played anyone. And I still have a hard time buying into any ACC team in general.

    Scenerios are dead on though.

  19. #39
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    I didn't say it as legitimate options for the title game. Just teams I'd rather see over Arkansas. Honestly, I forgot about VTech. I hadn't looked at the new standings until now. VT fifth is a little surprising to me. They've been completely off the radar. They haven't really played anyone. And I still have a hard time buying into any ACC team in general.

    Scenerios are dead on though.
    OK. I misunderstood your statements with Arkansas. Sorry about that

    But yea. While VTech hasn't played too high, neither has Stanford. I really think the two have a pretty even strength of schedule. VTech has been sitting around for awhile at #10 two weeks ago and #8 last week. I understand the ACC part though. It's a pretty weak conference. Clemson and VTech are the only 'good' teams.

    I said it yesterday before the chaos with Oklahoma and Oregon: I don't think we're done with the chaos. Iowa State kicked off something big


    Ok, that last statement is so biased. Being a Cyclone myself I gotta support it

  20. #40
    I'm a big 10 fan and I was looking forward to this year being the year that they shed the whole 3rd best conference rap they get this time of year. As much as I hate to say it, I don't see a logical argument for anyone arguing that the SEC ISN'T the football conference. Regardless of whether it was not as much their dominance as it was multiple breakdowns by other schools it really doesn't matter. They have some tough schedules and their top schools are getting it done week after week and that speaks volumes compared to other schools that have meltdowns facing teams they had no reason to lose to.

    I honestly think that many of the top teams from other conferences could EASILY be 3+ loss teams if they had to run the conference schedule most SEC teams do.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •