Thread: NCAA football

Page 41 of 141 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lylyth View Post
    Isn't South Carolina playing LSU this weekend? If they beat them bad enough, I see them going to Number 2.
    Only if they were still undefeated. Right now, beating LSU wouldn't be such a great feat, not any greater than Oregon's 50+ points a game.

Speaking of, what kind of matchups do we have this week?

No. 15 Texas vs. No. 13 Oklahoma: No comment here, sadly, I'm not paying as much attention to that conference now that Nebraska is gone.
    No. 17 Stanford at No. 7 Notre Dame: Said it before, Stanford is overrated. They just lucked out, ranking-wise, that they beat USC. I'm not sure what got into Notre Dame this year, but I don't see them having a problem with Stanford.
    No. 3 South Carolina at No. 9 LSU: South Carolina is hard to read. They looked like the best team in the nation last week when they stomped a mudhole in Georgia. But, I see some inconsistencies there. However, you can't deny LSU's offense is beyond terrible, and with SC's defense, there's no way they'll score enough to win.
    No. 22 Texas A&M at No. 23 Louisiana Tech: Not often you see two ranked teams not make the national TV, but alas. Would be fun to watch. I haven't seen Louisiana Tech play yet, but I heard it's a fun watch. Speaking of fun watch:
    Florida Atlantic at Louisiana-Monroe: ULM was so close to being ranked. Unfortunately, this isn't on national TV either, so nuts. They're fun to watch. Two spread quarterbacks in the backfield at the same time, one left-handed, one right. It's quite entertaining

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Only if they were still undefeated. Right now, beating LSU wouldn't be such a great feat, not any greater than Oregon's 50+ points a game.
    Yes it would. It would be a far more impressive achievement than anything Oregon has done. Oregon has played one road game and looked terrible. South Carolina has also looked wildly mediocre on the road. A win at LSU this week is far more impressive than Oregon beating up on nobodies at home so far this year. Oregon has one impressive win this year, the blanking of Arizona. As of right now, South Carolina's best win, against Georgia, is so ridiculously far ahead of Oregon's best win it is a joke. A win @LSU gives them two far more impressive wins. Frankly that is more than Oregon is going to have this entire season if they run the table. USC looks beatable and nowhere near the juggernaut I was expecting. Stanford is beatable. The rest of the PAC is decent enough, but is at best comparable to the SEC.

The good news is the argument is irrelevant since there is no way South Carolina makes it through the season unscathed while Oregon absolutely can. The head ball coach is so overrated.

No. 22 Texas A&M at No. 23 Louisiana Tech: Not often you see two ranked teams not make the national TV, but alas. Would be fun to watch. I haven't seen Louisiana Tech play yet, but I heard it's a fun watch. Speaking of fun watch:
    Florida Atlantic at Louisiana-Monroe: ULM was so close to being ranked. Unfortunately, this isn't on national TV either, so nuts. They're fun to watch. Two spread quarterbacks in the backfield at the same time, one left-handed, one right. It's quite entertaining
    Texas A&M vs Louisiana Tech will be on ESPNU, as well as ESPN3.

Also, ULM wasn't even remotely close to being ranked. They had zero votes in the AP, 3 in the Coaches, and 2 in the Harris. Or are you saying they would've been ranked had they beaten Auburn and Baylor?

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post

Also, ULM wasn't even remotely close to being ranked. They had zero votes in the AP, 3 in the Coaches, and 2 in the Harris. Or are you saying they would've been ranked had they beaten Auburn and Baylor?
    Had they beaten Baylor, they would have likely been ranked.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 12:40 AM ----------

This is just messed up. Some of the BCS prjoections make no sense. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...n-its-way.html

Florida at number 1 boggles my mind, and this is coming from a Gator fan. They beat an overrated LSU team. Bama beat an out-of-conference competitor in Michigan. I can see Notre Dame being that high, given their schedule, but it still doesn't really make any logical sense.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Yes it would. It would be a far more impressive achievement than anything Oregon has done. Oregon has played one road game and looked terrible. South Carolina has also looked wildly mediocre on the road. A win at LSU this week is far more impressive than Oregon beating up on nobodies at home so far this year. Oregon has one impressive win this year, the blanking of Arizona. As of right now, South Carolina's best win, against Georgia, is so ridiculously far ahead of Oregon's best win it is a joke. A win @LSU gives them two far more impressive wins. Frankly that is more than Oregon is going to have this entire season if they run the table. USC looks beatable and nowhere near the juggernaut I was expecting. Stanford is beatable. The rest of the PAC is decent enough, but is at best comparable to the SEC.

The good news is the argument is irrelevant since there is no way South Carolina makes it through the season unscathed while Oregon absolutely can. The head ball coach is so overrated.
    LSU has been at best laxidasical this entire season. Close games against shitty opponents and poor wins over mediocre ones don't make any kind of victory win for South Carolina. Granted, SC has played more highly ranked opponents than Oregon currently, but they'll hit the same number by the end of the year. The SEC isn't looking great this year, any more than the PAC-12.

I agree, though, that right now the win over Georgia is better than anything Oregon has done. And yeah, until the end of the season we just won't know. Oregon being second on the BCS wouldn't be an entire travesty of justice. I think I'm just tired of people saying that Oregon (and therefore the PAC-12) can't hang with the SEC.
    The less you know, the more you believe.

Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hate, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Finangus View Post

I don't consider either of those "national TV". Most basic cable packages don't come with ESPNU (so you'd have to pay extra for it) and ESPN3 is online, and requires a cable package already (which never made any sense to me).

Well now, I think that definitely proves who's better between Oklahoma and Texas. What a beat-down .

The Patient
    Texas Tech destroying WVU in the first half; wonder how many other high-ranked teams are gonna struggle this week...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Bama/Missouri game suspended for 30 minutes. Shortened halftime, so Saban didn't have time to yell at his team for two fumbles and a bobbled punt.

I do believe Stanford just got robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    I do believe Stanford just got robbed.
    Uhm, I missed the end of that game. Damn it. Should of just watched it.

Bama/Missouri game suspended for 30 minutes. Shortened halftime, so Saban didn't have time to yell at his team for two fumbles and a bobbled punt.

Caught the tail end of that one, some kid suplexed the hell out of another one with about 5 minutes left on the clock which made me laugh - the injury at the end though looked pretty grim!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Looks like LSU's gonna come away with the win.

On the topic of the Stanford/Notre Dame game, coming from someone who does not care about either team, it looked like on fourth down that he rolled over another player and then stretched his arm and the ball over the line. More importantly though, it just continues to prove how completely incompetent and useless Lou Holtz and ESPECIALLY Mark May are. Nobody needs this worthless piece of John Madden times ten.

Looks like LSU's gonna come away with the win.

On the topic of the Stanford/Notre Dame game, coming from someone who does not care about either team, it looked like on fourth down that he rolled over another player and then stretched his arm and the ball over the line. More importantly though, it just continues to prove how completely incompetent and useless Lou Holtz and ESPECIALLY Mark May are. Nobody needs this worthless piece of John Madden times ten.
    What do you mean by that? I know they were pretty biased in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    What do you mean by that? I know they were pretty biased in the game.
    Exactly. These people are paid to analyze these games. As terrible a job as they normally do, they can't let this shit get in the way. It's not entertaining, it's annoying. It's not professional. So what good are they?

Exactly. These people are paid to analyze these games. As terrible a job as they normally do, they can't let this shit get in the way. It's not entertaining, it's annoying. It's not professional. So what good are they?
    Well yeah. As a Seattle fan I pretty much know that first hand with John Madden. Good god everytime we were in the playoffs it was like a constant barrage of bias from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Well yeah. As a Seattle fan I pretty much know that first hand with John Madden. Good god everytime we were in the playoffs it was like a constant barrage of bias from him.
    At least with Madden it is still entertaining. Lou Holtz is terrible and always has been terrible. Also, ya Stanford would have tied that game. Looked like he scored to me. Other thoughts: God MSU looks awful. Their offense might as well just not even take the field. Wish I could have watch the AM/LA Tech game. Looks like that one was pretty crazy. WTF WVU. Only a couple more weeks until Bama has to play a real team for the first time since week 1.

The first BCS rankings are out, and as I've said time and time again, Florida is ranked too high. As is Mississippi State. The only thing the have going for them is three in-conference wins, but it's all bottom-tier teams. This week they play Middle Tennessee State, and after that we'll see what they can really do. I'm also very surprised to see Iowa State so high. Ohio an Louisiana Tech deserve a top 25 spot as much, if not more than they do.

The first BCS rankings are out, and as I've said time and time again, Florida is ranked too high. As is Mississippi State. The only thing the have going for them is three in-conference wins, but it's all bottom-tier teams. This week they play Middle Tennessee State, and after that we'll see what they can really do. I'm also very surprised to see Iowa State so high. Ohio an Louisiana Tech deserve a top 25 spot as much, if not more than they do.
    Florida has high quality wins over then ranked Tennessee and against LSU. Two is probably too high for who they actually are, but at this point in the season they have a more impressive resume than most teams in the top 10. Alabama has one quality win against an overrated Michigan team in the first week. Oregon has two wins against low top 25 teams. KSU only played Oklahoma while ranked. Frankly Notre Dame has the most impressive resume with three wins against top 18 ranked schools. Margin of victory isn't computed. It will all shake out in the end, and ya Florida will probably drop with a loss or two, but right now I think Bama is the most over ranked on what they have done this season alone. I don't get the Cyclones rank at all. They have a good win against an overrated at the time TCU and a close loss to KSU. Not overly impressive.

I agree that Notre Dame has the most impressive resume so far, and will by the end of the year. If they survive that gauntlet, they deserve a national title shot. However, most SEC teams are just now getting to their bulk, so in a couple weeks there's no telling. I would love for Mississippi State to somehow go undefeated. Otherwise, Bama's schedule is fairly weak. It's LSU and MSU. Plus whoever wins the East.

Wait wait wait ND has beaten Big Ten teams.... I'm not even going to start with that and the other "quality" win was against Stanford who lost to Washington and it took them an overtime to win such game against Stanford. Having said that I would have keep the ducks at 2 and the gators at 3 ND will probably lose against the Sooners,USC, and possibly Pitt.