Thread: NCAA football

  1. #1061
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    your team will back into the NC for the second straight year.
    First intelligent thing you have ever said. Mark this date in a calendar. It is Fizzbob Day!

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 02:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    they get the benefit of the doubt every time, it's not debatable. it's why homers like tuscaloosa boy up there brings out the NFL draft because he doesn't have jack shit else to stand on.

    i thought bama was the clear #1 until the LSU game then the A&M game showed it wasn't a fluke, if you stack the LOS bama can't win because mccarron can't hit the broad side of the barn with a pass
    Tuscaloosa boy, OK. At least I have the gall to list where I represent. You have yet to say where you are from. I am guessing that is because you are ashamed of your team. All I can figure.

    Again with McCarron. Would not trade that guy for anyone in football. His mom's boobs are just icing. Only a fool would say that a guy that threw over 300 passes without an interception is anything but awesome. Then his 2 picks that he threw were the fault of the receivers. Sorry that he did not go to your school.

    You really have some deep hatred for Alabama football. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your hate fuels our winning!!!!!!!

  2. #1062
    Herald of the Titans Vetali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Washington, Land of Rain
    Posts
    2,793
    After these last few posts I think I will go every day waking up and being thankful my team is in the PAC 12.

  3. #1063
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    First intelligent thing you have ever said. Mark this date in a calendar. It is Fizzbob Day!

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 02:35 PM ----------



    Tuscaloosa boy, OK. At least I have the gall to list where I represent. You have yet to say where you are from. I am guessing that is because you are ashamed of your team. All I can figure.

    Again with McCarron. Would not trade that guy for anyone in football. His mom's boobs are just icing. Only a fool would say that a guy that threw over 300 passes without an interception is anything but awesome. Then his 2 picks that he threw were the fault of the receivers. Sorry that he did not go to your school.

    You really have some deep hatred for Alabama football. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your hate fuels our winning!!!!!!!
    i'm white, white people don't "represent" where they're from, rappers started that shit. my favorite team is FSU, you know that team that beat your ass the same year you and your people were pulling for UF to win the NC against OSU because "any team from the SEC is your team", amirite? yeah i'm right, you guys are fans of your conference.

    mccarron is able to dink and dunk because he has the best OL in football and RB that get 7ypc. when LSU and then A&M took the run game and dink and dunk game away, he was exposed. threw 3 picks. turned it over 4 times (don't blame yeldon for the LSU fumble, mccarron fucked up the hand-off)

    alabama will need a ST and defensive TD to beat ND, they'll stack the line, it will be the best front 7 bama has seen all year and the only elite defense they've had to play. talk shit then. after saban panicked, gave up on the run in the 2nd half of the LSU and A&M games and i saw how bad mccarron was when asked to be the man, i realized that alabama just wasn't that good

  4. #1064
    I just want to know how you guys figure K-State and Alabama will rank higher than Oregon this week? I think Oregon will stay #2, ND will move to #1, Bama to #3 and K-State to #4.

    Oregon lost to Stanford, a ranked team. Bama beat an unranked team but is still not undefeated, and K-State got destroyed by Baylor, another unranked team. So out of all the 10-1 teams, Oregon should still have the #2 spot.

    Maybe that's just me being a Ducks fan. =\

  5. #1065
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakh View Post
    I just want to know how you guys figure K-State and Alabama will rank higher than Oregon this week? I think Oregon will stay #2, ND will move to #1, Bama to #3 and K-State to #4.

    Oregon lost to Stanford, a ranked team. Bama beat an unranked team but is still not undefeated, and K-State got destroyed by Baylor, another unranked team. So out of all the 10-1 teams, Oregon should still have the #2 spot.

    Maybe that's just me being a Ducks fan. =\
    I haven't decided, but the "experts" are putting K State at number 5. Everyone else moving up of course.

    I think the reasoning is because they lost to an unranked team. And badly, but I don't think the computers care about how bad the loss was.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  6. #1066
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    I'm sorry that ND has just been better than Alabama. I'm sorry they beat better competition and haven't lost.
    I guess my post on why ND is not deserving of a title shot got lost.

    First off, I think I speak for all Bama fans when I say that we wanted to play ND no matter what happened. We wanted them in either the title game, and if not there we wanted them in a BCS game. Either way, a beatdown of the Irish caps off any good season. So happy that we hav ea good shot of seeing that match up.

    I am very worried about ND making it now. That team is really not very good. They almost lost to 4 crappy teams, and since ND has their own network every one of those games was in the national spotlight.

    Triple OT against a 4-6 Pitt team. Pathetic.

    Beat a 5-6 Purdue team by 3. A Purdue team that got stomped by Michigan by 31.

    Beat Michigan by 7. Bama rolled them up 41-14. Want a common opponent! Woot, there ya go.

    Beat a cruddy 6-5 BYU team by 3.

    Struggled against 2-9 BC.

    Bama crushes all of those teams by at least 3 TDs. It is not just winning, it is how you win, and also how you lose. Obviously it is better to lose to a strong team than struggle against weak teams.

    Oregon deserves a shot over ND if they win the Pac 12. If for not other reason than simply because ND needs to get over themselves and finally join a real conference.

  7. #1067
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I haven't decided, but the "experts" are putting K State at number 5. Everyone else moving up of course.

    I think the reasoning is because they lost to an unranked team. And badly, but I don't think the computers care about how bad the loss was.
    computers ranked clemson above FSU (who isn't ranked in 2 of them) even though they're both 10-1 teams and FSU won head to head

    guess who programs the computers.....yes, SEC graduates

  8. #1068
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I guess my post on why ND is not deserving of a title shot got lost.

    First off, I think I speak for all Bama fans when I say that we wanted to play ND no matter what happened. We wanted them in either the title game, and if not there we wanted them in a BCS game. Either way, a beatdown of the Irish caps off any good season. So happy that we hav ea good shot of seeing that match up.

    I am very worried about ND making it now. That team is really not very good. They almost lost to 4 crappy teams, and since ND has their own network every one of those games was in the national spotlight.

    Triple OT against a 4-6 Pitt team. Pathetic.

    Beat a 5-6 Purdue team by 3. A Purdue team that got stomped by Michigan by 31.

    Beat Michigan by 7. Bama rolled them up 41-14. Want a common opponent! Woot, there ya go.

    Beat a cruddy 6-5 BYU team by 3.

    Struggled against 2-9 BC.

    Bama crushes all of those teams by at least 3 TDs. It is not just winning, it is how you win, and also how you lose. Obviously it is better to lose to a strong team than struggle against weak teams.
    The problem with all that, I believe, is that the computers don't look at the scores, they just figure in win/loss and strength of opponents. That being said, yes, Notre Dame will be at and stay number one. I still thinks it's BS they can get away with not playing a conference title game though.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    computers ranked clemson above FSU (who isn't ranked in 2 of them) even though they're both 10-1 teams and FSU won head to head

    guess who programs the computers.....yes, SEC graduates
    Now that's just being silly, borderline conspiracy. Got any proof that the SEC is directly altering the computer rankings?

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  9. #1069
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    I guess my post on why ND is not deserving of a title shot got lost.

    First off, I think I speak for all Bama fans when I say that we wanted to play ND no matter what happened. We wanted them in either the title game, and if not there we wanted them in a BCS game. Either way, a beatdown of the Irish caps off any good season. So happy that we hav ea good shot of seeing that match up.

    I am very worried about ND making it now. That team is really not very good. They almost lost to 4 crappy teams, and since ND has their own network every one of those games was in the national spotlight.

    Triple OT against a 4-6 Pitt team. Pathetic.

    Beat a 5-6 Purdue team by 3. A Purdue team that got stomped by Michigan by 31.

    Beat Michigan by 7. Bama rolled them up 41-14. Want a common opponent! Woot, there ya go.

    Beat a cruddy 6-5 BYU team by 3.

    Struggled against 2-9 BC.

    Bama crushes all of those teams by at least 3 TDs. It is not just winning, it is how you win, and also how you lose. Obviously it is better to lose to a strong team than struggle against weak teams.
    are you seriously gonna talk about "bad wins" for ND after getting your ass spanked from start to finish by a 2 loss A&M team with a freshman QB who throws ducks?

    ND has the tougher SoS, they WON their games that alabama couldn't (pitt and stanford had shots but couldn't win)

    i can't stand ND but give them the respect they earned, they won their tough games and if they go 12-0 they deserve a shot at the title MORE than anyone else in the country

    the problem is like last year, with the other team. SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt.

  10. #1070
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    After these last few posts I think I will go every day waking up and being thankful my team is in the PAC 12.
    Trust me. There are sacrifices to be made for football domination. Like I said earlier, I would rather live in a proper state with a decent team than live here in title town.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    the problem is like last year, with the other team. SEC always gets the benefit of the doubt.
    And you keep thinking it is for no reason. Fine. At least accept it as fact even if you do not agree with it. SEC is the best. Therefore they get benefit of the doubt. It is very simple really. i have given you tons of reasons why, but then you would have to accept information contrary to your beliefs.

  11. #1071
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakh View Post
    I just want to know how you guys figure K-State and Alabama will rank higher than Oregon this week? I think Oregon will stay #2, ND will move to #1, Bama to #3 and K-State to #4.

    Oregon lost to Stanford, a ranked team. Bama beat an unranked team but is still not undefeated, and K-State got destroyed by Baylor, another unranked team. So out of all the 10-1 teams, Oregon should still have the #2 spot.

    Maybe that's just me being a Ducks fan. =\
    oregon isn't on the same playing field as alabama. tie goes to SEC teams and has been that way for a decade. last SEC team to get fucked was 13-0 auburn and since then, it's like every situation is a make-up call

  12. #1072
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    guess who programs the computers.....yes, SEC graduates
    And the tinfoil hat officially comes out

  13. #1073
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Trust me. There are sacrifices to be made for football domination. Like I said earlier, I would rather live in a proper state with a decent team than live here in title town.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:05 PM ----------



    And you keep thinking it is for no reason. Fine. At least accept it as fact even if you do not agree with it. SEC is the best. Therefore they get benefit of the doubt. It is very simple really. i have given you tons of reasons why, but then you would have to accept information contrary to your beliefs.
    you haven't given me shit, you gave me NFL draft links earlier lol

    wtf was that? my point isn't that the SEC is bad, my point is that the SEC doesn't have to be the best to get opportunities, they have to be ONE OF the best.

    look at alabama last year, got their asses kicked, didn't even win their division, got to play in the NC
    this year they go from getting whipped by a 2 loss team that LSU and UF could handle, to #2 in the nation 2 weeks later

    SEC gets the benefit of EVERY doubt now. hell, maybe that's what pushed the other commissioners to vote for the 4 team playoff though

    won't fix every problem but it will help.

  14. #1074
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,569
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    oregon isn't on the same playing field as alabama. tie goes to SEC teams and has been that way for a decade. last SEC team to get fucked was 13-0 auburn and since then, it's like every situation is a make-up call
    Yeah, but every single time the SEC has been in the title game, they've won. The past, what, six years? Give them that much. Every game has been won. Most of them convincingly.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  15. #1075
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    And the tinfoil hat officially comes out
    2nd time you've commented on that. 2nd time you've not realized i wasn't serious. gj

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Yeah, but every single time the SEC has been in the title game, they've won. The past, what, six years? Give them that much. Every game has been won. Most of them convincingly.
    and at the same time, they have losing records vs the big east and pac12 during the BCS era.

    the problem is ESPN's $2,000,000,000 deal with the SEC and how it affects the SEC vs everyone else. contrary to popular belief, SEC doesn't play the toughest schedules to get there, doesn't have the toughest OOC schedule, isn't the toughest conference, etc

    all these "givens" aren't true. you can't debate their NC wins, you can just debate how they got there. all things being equal, they get the nod. you think 12-0 auburn gets left out of the SEC if that $2,000,000,000 deal is in place.

    it really comes down to "they play and beat up on each other, don't dominate other conferences the way they dominate each other, do they really deserve all these chances that they get when other teams with the same credentials don't get them?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 03:26 PM ----------

    http://www.thepostgame.com/commentary/201208/better-without-em-northern-manifesto-southern-secession-chuck-thompson-sec-bcs

    good link right here that explains all the connections between the SEC and ESPN even if it is dripping with anti-SEC sentiment

    the reason the sec went from 10% to 50% of the championships before/after the BCS era is because the BCS was created by an SEC commissioner, ESPN profits more when SEC teams win

    USC homerism is just as bad (saw that this year too)

    but with the SEC they have a whole conference to rest their money on.
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-11-18 at 09:27 PM.

  16. #1076
    Legendary! muto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Inside a Bubble
    Posts
    6,112
    1. Notre Dame
    2. Alabama
    3. Georgia
    4. Oregon

    It will be ND vs. the winner of the Alabama/Georgia SEC title game or Oregon vs. Alabama/Georgia if ND loses to USC assuming there are no more huge upsets.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-11-18 at 09:50 PM.


  17. #1077
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    12,569
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    the problem is ESPN's $2,000,000,000 deal with the SEC and how it affects the SEC vs everyone else. contrary to popular belief, SEC doesn't play the toughest schedules to get there, doesn't have the toughest OOC schedule, isn't the toughest conference, etc

    all these "givens" aren't true. you can't debate their NC wins, you can just debate how they got there. all things being equal, they get the nod. you think 12-0 auburn gets left out of the SEC if that $2,000,000,000 deal is in place.

    it really comes down to "they play and beat up on each other, don't dominate other conferences the way they dominate each other, do they really deserve all these chances that they get when other teams with the same credentials don't get them?
    Wait wait wait wait. Ok. You want to argue FSU and Clemson to be higher ranked, fine. I've already said LSU is way overrated, but at least give A&M and Stanford credit for beating top ranked teams. But, with all that said, the SEC just has a better record at the top than any other BCS conference not named the Big East:

    SEC: Three one-loss teams, three two-loss teams
    PAC12: One one-loss team and three two-loss teams
    Big Ten: One two-loss team (Ohio State is ineligible)
    Big Twelve: One one-loss team, two two-loss teams
    ACC: Two one-loss teams

    It's obvious by those numbers, the SEC is having a better year. Now, assuming all BCS conferences not named the Big East are treated equally, don't you think all those SEC teams deserve to be ranked up there?

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  18. #1078
    Scarab Lord Roose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Tuscaloosa
    Posts
    4,945
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    2nd time you've commented on that. 2nd time you've not realized i wasn't serious.

    the reason the sec went from 10% to 50% of the championships before/after the BCS era is because the BCS was created by an SEC commissioner, ESPN profits more when SEC teams win
    Nah, I am not the only one trying to tell you how absurd your take on things is.

    SEC commissioner was also a main proponent of a playoff system. Not the one your ACC commissioner wanted guaranteeing bum conference winners, like the ACC, a spot, of course. The two conferences fighting for merit based selection instead of conference champs were the SEC and the Big 12, the conferences that really matter.

    Point is, if your ACC commissioner had their way they would want titles determined in a way similar to how the BCS already functions. only change would be that no matter how bad the ACC is they would get a spot in that playoff. Thankfully, reason prevailed. You can still get in the playoff no matter what conference you are from, but now we are not rewarding teams for winning a crappy conference, like the ACC, with automatic bids.

    So you really should still be upset because so long as the top teams are being selected instead of just conference winners you are still going to see SEC teams dominate, because that is where the best teams reside. That is why SEC fans do not care what route they have to take to the title.

    Also, I watch my Bama games on CBS. I guess CBS and ESPN are in cahoots. Also stands to reason that ESPN would want to show the best games available. Also, the SEC was going to start their own network before ESPN made the offer. They were gonna have an SEC network, you know, like the Big 10 network.

  19. #1079
    How's BMS holding up this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

  20. #1080
    I am Murloc! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    That logic makes zero sense realistically. Makes great sense in your head I bet. So whenever a team beats another team they just take that team's previous ranking. Awesome! So Baylor should be #1....

    It is not BS, it is the BCS.

    Funny thing is how so many people can't wait for the BCS to end. Like the BCS is making the SEC dominate. You are going to be severely disappointed when you are still seeing an SEC team in the title every year.

    Going by the polls, if the 4 team playoff were here today you would still see 2/4 teams from the SEC. Winner of SEC champ and likely Florida.

    I am willing to bet that we start seeing more SEC v SEC championship games with the new system. SEC is simply the best, and by a very large margin. Cream rises to the top, no matter what system is in place.

    All of you folks rooting for UGA in SEC champ make sure to wear all black. That is what they like to do when they get ready to lose.
    Yes, since Baylor beat Kansas St, they should be ranked number 1. They did BEAT the number 1 team. I dont see it any different than a boxer defeating the champion. They dont deny him the belt and say, well we still think the champ is better so he gets to keep the belt.

    That's the problem with college football, rankings are primarily decided by popular vote rather than competition. You get teams like Florida and LSU who shouldnt be ranked at all because they squeak out games against nobodies, yet are still ranked in the top 5. This year Florida barely beat Bowling Green, and only beat ULL (A team that a top 5 team would beat by 45 more points) by a blocked punt return for TD in the last 2 seconds, and they only beat Missou 14-7. LSU squeaked by Auburn(terrible team) by 2, and escaped Ole Miss by 6 ( A game in which they were outplayed for 3 and half quarters). And yet they are both in the top 5. I think that is asinine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •