Thread: NCAA football

Page 93 of 141 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, seems like Alabama might be taking off with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sunseri's INT return was impressive, but Manziel's whiff trying to tackle him was the cherry on the sundae.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    Sunseri's INT return was impressive, but Manziel's whiff trying to tackle him was the cherry on the sundae.
    He gets an "A" for effort though. Which he should be familiar with given how many online courses he is taking.
    Nominated Most Average Healer Ever
    My Shaman: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omous/advanced
    My Monk: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tamus/advanced
    Pokemon Y FC: 1736-1594-7603 // Name: Human?
    Ghost Safari: Shuppet, Phantump, Golurk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    lol at michigan. that pass interference right before there final score? the facemask on the tackle that put the ball on the 1 yard? yeah totally got helping from the refs.
    It's awesome that you showed up after a year just to regurgitate the great referee conspiracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheFNK View Post
    He gets an "A" for effort though. Which he should be familiar with given how many online courses he is taking.
    The tutors at aTm are so diligent, too.

I don't like Saban, but I was amused by the "you just took 10 years off my life, good game". Alabama and Texas A&M both look like fantastic teams to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's awesome that you showed up after a year just to regurgitate the great referee conspiracy.

- - - Updated - - -

The tutors at aTm are so diligent, too.
    so your telling me that the pass interference in teh endzone before michigans last touchdown was not bullshit?
    your telling me on the last BIG play that Akron had that they didn't facemask the guy with the ball down onto the 1 yard line? should have been a first and goal. not 3rd down. oh and nice of the refs to let around half the time run off the clock before letting akron run a play there.
    regardless all this proves is that michigan is DRASTICALLY overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan is overrated, the sky is blue, any other revelations?

10+ Year Old Account
    so your telling me that the pass interference in teh endzone before michigans last touchdown was not bullshit?
    your telling me on the last BIG play that Akron had that they didn't facemask the guy with the ball down onto the 1 yard line? should have been a first and goal. not 3rd down. oh and nice of the refs to let around half the time run off the clock before letting akron run a play there.
    I'm telling you that you're chasing conspiracies like you always do, and it's most amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, there were talks last year about him, and it's looking pretty good this year. I still don't think he gets the stats, but...AJ McCarron Heisman chances?

Also, holy shit, Ole Miss rolled Texas.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I think Wisconsin just got screwed by the refs, and by the Arizona State player sitting on the ball.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-15 at 04:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Wow, I think Wisconsin just got screwed by the refs, and by the Arizona State player sitting on the ball.
    That was insane... and they didn't provide any explanation.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow.

Last edited by Sayl; 2013-09-15 at 06:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats PAC 12 refs for ya... they are seriously awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know who that Twit is or why that loss is karma.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I don't know who that Twit is or why that loss is karma.
    That's the former Wisconsin coach's wife (Bret Bielema, who's now at Arkansas). It would appear she was not fond of her time spent in Madison.

That ref should lose his job and possibly have his children taken away.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the former Wisconsin coach's wife (Bret Bielema, who's now at Arkansas). It would appear she was not fond of her time spent in Madison.
    Yeah, I can see why she'd be so bitter with a place that made her previously irrelevant husband a very, very wealthy man.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently some people are claiming it actually was a fumble. I have no idea how anyone arrives at that conclusion:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, I can see why she'd be so bitter with a place that made her previously irrelevant husband a very, very wealthy man.
    Ah, apparently the tweet was due to this:

Bielema has engaged in repeated Twitter skirmishes with Wisconsin fans since his departure, disputes which could be the reason for his wife's tweet of perceived karmic comeuppance.
    Still, what a silly thing to do. I suspect she's going to receive a lot of #karma reminders in the near future considering Arkansas faces Texas A&M, Florida, South Carolina and Alabama all back-to-back.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Apparently some people are claiming it actually was a fumble. I have no idea how anyone arrives at that conclusion
    Yeah that doesn't fly no matter what. The play is clearly whistled dead and the ball signaled down. Even if people try to argue that Stave's knee didn't actually touch the ground despite what looks obvious in the picture, the NCAA rule states that you're still down just by simulating taking a knee.

Ironically, Bret Bielema sits on the Rules Committee.

10+ Year Old Account
    How reassuring.

Pac-12 reprimands game officials in Wisconsin-Arizona State game
    Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott has reprimanded and taken additional sanctions against officials in Saturday night's Wisconsin at Arizona State game for failing to properly administer the end of game situation and act with appropriate urgency on the game's final play, it was announced today.

"This was an unusual situation to end the game," said Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott. “After a thorough review, we have determined that the officials fell short of the high standard in which Pac-12 games should be managed. We will continue to work with all our officials to ensure this type of situation never occurs again."

10+ Year Old Account
    That... is actually surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just really irritating that here's no attempt at an explanation of what happened or actual consequences for the officials involved.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    No way. If Alabama drops this game I still bet they are in the title game. If OSU, Oregon, and Clemson all end up undefeated Alabama would still jump to #2 after the SEC title game.

I was looking at the USC picture trying to figure out if that was an outline of the USA. Never noticed the stands till like 10mins later looking at this thread.
    When was the last time a 1 loss team played in the NC over an undefeated team from a power conference? I don't think it's ever happened in the BCS era. I could maybe see them leap frogging an undefeated OSU team, since most of the voters think the B1G is so weak, and they went 12-0 last year but only finished 3rd in the AP poll. But I can't really see it happening to Oregon or Clemson. Especially since if Clemson were to go undefeated they would be beating 2 of the top SEC teams (Georgia and South Carolina) in addition to a highly ranked FSU team.

It's probably a moot point anyway because 2 of these teams would have to go undefeated, which is highly unlikely. Teams have slip ups all the time, and OSU was beyond lucky with some of the wins they had last year. The year where 3 schools from 3 different power conferences went undefeated was a complete anomoly and isn't likely to happen again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    When was the last time a 1 loss team played in the NC over an undefeated team from a power conference? I don't think it's ever happened in the BCS era. I could maybe see them leap frogging an undefeated OSU team, since most of the voters think the B1G is so weak, and they went 12-0 last year but only finished 3rd in the AP poll. But I can't really see it happening to Oregon or Clemson. Especially since if Clemson were to go undefeated they would be beating 2 of the top SEC teams (Georgia and South Carolina) in addition to a highly ranked FSU team.

It's probably a moot point anyway because 2 of these teams would have to go undefeated, which is highly unlikely. Teams have slip ups all the time, and OSU was beyond lucky with some of the wins they had last year. The year where 3 schools from 3 different power conferences went undefeated was a complete anomoly and isn't likely to happen again.
    OSU's entire strength of schedule comes down to the Michigan game(s). OSU plays freaking nobody this year. They both share Northwestern as a decent opponent. OSUs next toughest game is against Wisconsin who isn't that good this season. Michigan at least played Notre Dame. Assuming OSU and Michigan play twice this year, the B1G title game included, that is going to be essentially their only strong points on their schedule. In a world where Bama, Oregon, Clemson, and OSU finish undefeated, they are a distant, distant 4th there. I could easily see a 1 loss hopping over them, but you're right there is almost no scenario were Clemson could be hopped over or Oregon, especially Clemson who would have three enormous wins on their schedule, two against excellent SEC opponents.