Thread: NCAA football

Page 96 of 141 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Autzen is a slip and slide right now.

Ha, I saw the Oregon/Cal score at 41-0 and thought "wow, Oregon only scored 41?" Then I realized that it was the second quarter.

Only game I got to watch this week was South Carolina almost screwing themselves up. I kind of wanted to see them lose.

Let's see. Bama shutout Ole Miss. That's good. They need to see that defense destroying teams. Clemson pulled an Oregon on Wake Forest. Nobody should have any doubts they deserve to be number 3. Georgia over LSU. This is interesting. They're in opposite divisions, but that makes all three (SC, Florida, Georgia) SEC east teams with a loss. Could be ugly at the end of the season.

It's just Kentucky, but it's nice to see Florida do well without Driskel. I still argue though that Tyler Murphy is just as good. Plus, a strong running game can make any QB look good.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Oregon scoring 41 in that weather is sickening, honestly.

Stanford is literally killing WSU. 2 QBs hurt already.

Yeah, it's one of those games where you truly feel sorry for the losing team. And you wish they could just go home.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Yeah I turned it off after that pick.

You know it's bad when the commentators start talking about the NFL. And poorly at that (Andrew Luck is one of the best QB's in the league, what??).

if you're worried about feeling sorry for losing teams you should watch the USC game, no pity there, USC is about to go 0-2 in the pac12 which I find amusing

I have no sympathy for USC though, but that's probably because I hate Lane Kiffin.

This is getting even worse. It's like an Oregon game now, with a team that isn't about big scoring.

Oh wow. Barry Sander Jr. plays for Stanford. That's a guy I wanna see.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-09-29 at 05:17 AM.

Don't worry, Lane Kiffin won't be there for long anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I have no sympathy for USC
    that was my point

My top 5 in no particular order

Georgia
    Oregon
    Stanford
    Ohio State
    Alabama

I want to see Alabama vs. Stanford honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Such was my thinking as well, still, that was quicker than I expected!

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    He just got canned. I figured it was going to happen soon, I don't like Kiffin in the first place, so good riddance. I never have liked USC, as I am a UCLA fan, and Carrol / Kiffin never helped my opinions of USC.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.
    Sane people are boring. Or else I've been around insane people so long that I can't tell the difference anymore. Either way, chase away those silly notions of linear thought: they have never done anyone good.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

They're in opposite divisions, but that makes all three (SC, Florida, Georgia) SEC east teams with a loss. Could be ugly at the end of the season.
    GAs loss wasnt in conference so doesnt matter. The problem is what happens if Georgia beats Bama for the SEC championship. WIll they go rematch again even though everyone hates them and have Clemson vs Georgia in the title game? Georgia would have the hardest schedule. Even though Clemson beat Georgia I dont see how playing terrible ACC schools like Wake Forest helps your case. Clemson doesnt even play Miami
    Last edited by tiffy33; 2013-09-29 at 06:32 PM.

So Bama is 4-0 while having played a kid that the school just suspended after finding that an assistant coach, with ties to a sports agent, loaned him money over the summer. The NCAA can't possibly let them be eligible for the national championship right?

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So Bama is 4-0 while having played a kid that the school just suspended after finding that an assistant coach, with ties to a sports agent, loaned him money over the summer. The NCAA can't possibly let them be eligible for the national championship right?
    I'm pretty sure it doesn't really work like that. It seems it's a different thing altogether than what, say, Reggie Bush did. He was loaned $500 and paid it back. He's suspended indefinitely, but he could be back this season.

Here's something odd. Condeleeza Rice is reportedly gonna be on the playoff committee.

- - - Updated - - -

DeAndrew White may have just made the catch of the year. Can't find a video of it yet.

- - - Updated - - -

I lied, video.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, at what point are people gonna realize that Louisville plays in a conference I've never heard of before, and probably aren't the seventh best team in the nation?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-10-04 at 08:54 PM.

Also, at what point are people gonna realize that Louisville plays in a conference I've never heard of before, and probably aren't the seventh best team in the nation?
    At this rate, I doubt it'll sink in until their bowl game -- most projections (obviously the way-too-early variety) are penciling them into BCS berths. Their SOS is awful. The AAC is so bad that it actually makes me feel better about the ongoing dumpster fire that is the B1G.

i heard Syracuse was decent.... not really seeing it thought

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tiffy33 View Post
    GAs loss wasnt in conference so doesnt matter. The problem is what happens if Georgia beats Bama for the SEC championship. WIll they go rematch again even though everyone hates them and have Clemson vs Georgia in the title game? Georgia would have the hardest schedule. Even though Clemson beat Georgia I dont see how playing terrible ACC schools like Wake Forest helps your case. Clemson doesnt even play Miami
    Miami is getting beat by Georgia tech atm

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    Miami is getting beat by Georgia tech atm
    Miami is a bit overrated though, because Florida is overrated, or was.

Tennessee probably has the hardest schedule in the country. At Oregon, at Florida, versus Georgia and South Carolina, then at Alabama, three weeks in a row. the rest is pretty cake (though I'm guessing they will lose to Vandy), but that's three top ten teams, including the top two.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of, Tennessee just blocked a punt and tied it up against Georgia. One more quarter to go.

And then Aaron Murray of all people just ran for 57 yards...

Man its good to see some love for The Ducks these days. Its been one hell of a roller coaster being a Duck Alumni for all these years. Nice to see them riding high lately! Go DUCKS!
    <The Decoy> 2 Night/Week 10M - US - Illidan - 14/14 HC T16 - 6/7 HC T17
    Our Kill Videos
    Guild Twitter: @illidandecoy
    ------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Y - Ghost Safari
    FC: 2036 - 7493 - 8881