Thread: NCAA football

Page 51 of 141 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Someone help me out with the Heisman analysis. Collin Klein is currently #1 on the list, but Marcus Mariota from Oregon beats him in every significant category. Why isn't Mariota even listed as a possibility?
    Less interceptions, and rushing stats aren't listed there, which I'm assuming Klein leads in. I believe his rushing stats put him far above everybody else for touchdowns.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    why the hell you think he cried during the 4th in the LSU game? he THOUGHT he had gotten that "weak link of the offense" monkey off his back. he's awful.
    Oh, come on. Everything else you said might be true (though I'd stack 8 in the box against Alabama with a better QB or not, it's all about that killer offensive line), but now you're just being petty. By the way, he has a national title already. Remember that.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Probably because the rest of the Oregon team is so good, that I could probably get decent numbers as a quarterback and I never played football. When Klein is out the quality of the team goes way down so he is basically keeping the team alive whereas Mariota is just benefiting from playing on a good team
    When Bennett comes in the offense goes way down, and it includes times when many of the starters stay in. I agree that the offense is insanely good, but it takes a good quarter back to lead it down the field with such consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Less interceptions, and rushing stats aren't listed there, which I'm assuming Klein leads in. I believe his rushing stats put him far above everybody else for touchdowns.

---------- Post added 2012-11-13 at 03:42 PM ----------

Oh, come on. Everything else you said might be true (though I'd stack 8 in the box against Alabama with a better QB or not, it's all about that killer offensive line), but now you're just being petty. By the way, he has a national title already. Remember that.
    aj knows he didn't earn that title, the defense and trent richardson did. go meet him. he's out in tuscaloosa somewhere every saturday night. he's the first alabama QB i've met who just wasn't a likable guy. he's not the favorite guy in the locker room either. they see him as the weak link, he knows he's the weak link but people are constantly saying "be a leader" and the only way he knows how to do that is to bitch at people for everything even though he leads the team in fuckups

after about 5 mins of him i was ready to kick his ass. he has "big head syndrome" and i didn't know him before the heisman talk, but the team liked him more last year when he was the guy who had to earn his job and then play hard.

watch games from 2011 and then games from this year. his demeanor has changed. he's phillip rivers 2.0 without the talent, phillip went from a talented HS player that FSU wanted so he could play TE, to a NCSU QB who set ACC records and wanted to prove himself ever game to an asshole that just can't get it done

i don't like the fucker personally, he doesn't deserve to start at alabama this year because he can't win games when teams focus on the run and i'm tired of conservative QBs getting pub they don't deserve. but they recruited poorly and don't have other options at that spot.

but i promise you, he knows that everyone thinks he's the weak link and that's why he cried. i think the "fame" got to his head and it's stopped any development he may have had.
    Last edited by fizzbob; 2012-11-13 at 09:07 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Their overall numbers are surprisingly close. It would be amazing if the Heisman came down to the NC game. Can a red shirt win the Trophy or does it take more than one year of great stats?

Passing
    Mariota: 28 td, 5 int, 177.0 rating, 2,164 yrds on 251 attempts
    Klein: 12 td, 3 int, 167.4 rating, 2,020 yrds on 208 attempts

Rushing
    Mariota: 3 td, 516 yrs
    Klein: 19 td, 748 yrds

Totals
    Mariota: 31 td, 2,680 yrds
    Klein: 31 td, 2,768 yrds

10+ Year Old Account
    Totals
    Mariota: 31 td, 2,680 yrds
    Klein: 31 td, 2,768 yrds
    Wow, that is crazy close. Though Johnny Manziel beats em both. http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman12/

Fizzbob, you'll forgive me if I say I don't believe a word you just said.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, that is crazy close. Though Johnny Manziel beats em both. http://espn.go.com/college-football/heisman12/
    Jesus, those are nuts. The passing alone is more than either of the other two, 3,700+ overall yards, and 33 tds.
    Last edited by cubby; 2012-11-13 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be pissed if Mariota doesn't get it this year over a senior. He has quite the career ahead of him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    I wouldn't be pissed if Mariota doesn't get it this year over a senior. He has quite the career ahead of him.
    I could set aside my angst as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone help me out with the Heisman analysis. Collin Klein is currently #1 on the list, but Marcus Mariota from Oregon beats him in every significant category. Why isn't Mariota even listed as a possibility?
    Probably because he's a redshirt freshman who needs a little more experience (and signature victories) despite his obvious talents. He's currently sitting on one 3rd place vote in ESPN's mock panel. We've seen Tebow, Bradford, and Ingram scoop up the hardware as sophomores in recent years, but I don't think Heisman voters are ready to break that last barrier by bestowing the honor on freshmen.

Mariota's going to be an absolute menace and I can't wait to watch his progression.

ETA: whoops, didn't see the ESPN link had already been posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    why the hell you think he cried during the 4th in the LSU game? he THOUGHT he had gotten that "weak link of the offense" monkey off his back. he's awful.
    You are so full of crap. Dude goes over 300 attempts without an INT and he is the weak link... If there is a weak link it is the new OC.

Word on Finebaum is that McCarron cracked some ribs in the MSU game. It was listed as a back injury and was the reason he was pulled early in the win. To say that he is anything but a great QB is just silly. Showing emotion after a dramatic comeback win is never a sign of weakness. Add to that emotion the physical pain that he was no doubt experiencing. Cry all you want. I loved seeing Tebow tears after we beat them, but I respected that guy for caring so much that he had to physically express his emotions. Real men aren't afraid to cry because they are secure in their manhood.

What is crazy now is how people are talking about how Bama flopped against A&M. They do not give A&M enough credit. We knew the game was going to be tough. We had many chances to win, but came up short.

I understand the SEC hate too. I am sure that I would despise the SEC if I had ties to another conference. It sucks watching someone else dominate. Saying things like the SEC schools pay for athlete or something like that. Duh. So does every other school out there that wants to win. I will confirm the rumors about Bama athletes getting pimp rides. It is not even hidden. It is one way to identify the good athletes, by how good of a ride they got. Again, this is all out in the open. Either they can perform magic and make all paper trails disappear, or there is a way around NCAA rules.

This season is eerily similar to last. Grab some popcorn because it looks like it is gonna be an entertaining finish. At least this time people will not be able to bitch about Bama not winning the SEC this year.

I really want to see ND and Bama, but would also love to play Oregon. Oregon looks like they could beat Bama, but ND would get rolled.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    What the...

Did Herbie lose a bet with someone, or is wardrobe just playing a cruel joke on him?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, yeah - seems like they both lost a bet.

Alabama seems to be taking their fury out on W. Carolina. I kinda feel bad for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, yeah - seems like they both lost a bet.

Alabama seems to be taking their fury out on W. Carolina. I kinda feel bad for them.
    Starters will be out after halftime, so don't expect much more.

Kinda have to hope for an Oregon upset now. Or K State, but Oregon is the more likely choice.

10+ Year Old Account

Kinda have to hope for an Oregon upset now. Or K State, but Oregon is the more likely choice.
    Im hoping none of them have a loss. Im sick and tired of seeing Alabama in the top 2 every freakin year. Its someone else's turn now

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm hoping K State loses along with ND (their USC game should be interesting) - because of the current top four, Oregon and Alabama offer the best match up. Of the other two, I would love to see the Irish in the NC against Oregon, although I think it would be an absolute pasting, but I'm also pretty biased. I will be the first to admit, however, that ND's schedule has been pretty tough, and their points against is ridiculous.

And then there's the SEC, with 4-9 ranking. Which is also ridiculous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Michigan is so frustrating. Gardener is apparently the starting QB now, which I hope continues going forward, so it is nice to have a QB who can THROW the freaking football, but the way they keep running the offense is retarded. They will sub in Robinson for one play and everyone in the world knows it is a QB keeper. Then they take him back out after he picks up 2-3 yards and put Gardener back in. Then they keep running Gardener in stupid situations risking an injury. Look, Gardener is the only QB on the team that can throw, here is a crazy idea STOP QB SNEAKING. You are up by 18 points against a horrible, horrible Iowa team and lets just keep on sneaking! Why? Hand the damn ball off to the backs.

Speaking of Iowa, this is the first time I have watched them all year and it is shocking. They are so incredibly un-athletic on both sides of the ball. They don't even remotely resemble the team Iowa has always been.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Michigan is so frustrating. Gardener is apparently the starting QB now, which I hope continues going forward, so it is nice to have a QB who can THROW the freaking football, but the way they keep running the offense is retarded. They will sub in Robinson for one play and everyone in the world knows it is a QB keeper. Then they take him back out after he picks up 2-3 yards and put Gardener back in. Then they keep running Gardener in stupid situations risking an injury. Look, Gardener is the only QB on the team that can throw, here is a crazy idea STOP QB SNEAKING. You are up by 18 points against a horrible, horrible Iowa team and lets just keep on sneaking! Why? Hand the damn ball off to the backs.

Speaking of Iowa, this is the first time I have watched them all year and it is shocking. They are so incredibly un-athletic on both sides of the ball. They don't even remotely resemble the team Iowa has always been.
    Florida is struggling against Jacksonville State, I don't wanna hear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well South Carolina is tied at the half with... the Wofford Terriers

I wonder if Spurrier will claim Wofford is good enough to play NFL teams

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What is up with that? Actually, what is up with the SEC in general struggling with shitty teams? I mean, you can answer, "it's college football" - but all the same. Jacksonville State?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is up with that? Actually, what is up with the SEC in general struggling with shitty teams? I mean, you can answer, "it's college football" - but all the same. Jacksonville State?
    That's where you at least have to give Alabama credit. They destroy teams they're supposed to destroy. I can't speak for the rest though.