Thread: NCAA football

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What is up with that? Actually, what is up with the SEC in general struggling with shitty teams? I mean, you can answer, "it's college football" - but all the same. Jacksonville State?
    I think it's just harder to stay focused for these non-conference snoozers late in the season, especially when they're looking past them to next week's rivalry matchups.

USC losing 17-0 to ULCA. And to think they were #1 in all pre-seasons polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    This speaks more to the pollsters and "experts" being out of touch than anything else. A quick look back at the pre-season polls is pretty amusing in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    So, what about UCLA then? Are they underrated? They seem to be decimating another ranked team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    This speaks more to the pollsters and "experts" being out of touch than anything else. A quick look back at the pre-season polls is pretty amusing in general.
    Only two of the top ten there are left in the top ten.

What happened to West Virginia anyway? They looked fine early on, killing other ranked teams.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    UCLA 38, USC 28 - will be nice to have Oregon vs UCLA for Pac-12 championship (assuming some wins, of course). Who would have thought it would be UCLA for the South?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    What happened to West Virginia anyway? They looked fine early on, killing other ranked teams.
    you can only win so many games you give up 63 in, their D couldn't stop anything, USC had the same trouble to a lesser extent

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it me or is the Pac 10/12 terrible besides Oregon who do they have. UCLA is not great they are good but not very good same goes for O.State and Stanford. USC is an okay to good team but really who do they play hell who does anybody in the Pac 12 play the conference is weak.

Oregon Alabama
    Stanford LSU
    O.State Georgia
    UCLA Flordia
    A&M
    South Carolina

you tell me which is the better conference and which plays in a cupcake conference

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Is it me or is the Pac 10/12 terrible besides Oregon who do they have.
    OR St.
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC (although, wow, what a shitty season they are having)

SEC might have the current rankings, but keep in mind those are skewed to a certain extent. It's hard to rate the conferences without a lot of head-to-head games. I could say the same thing about the SEC that you are saying about the PAC-12. I mean, look at the games the SEC had today. A few barely beat shitty teams. The Pac-12 is just beating itself up, as usual. Same for the SEC. And LSU is NOT the equivalent of Stanford, just fyi. Head to head, Stanford would win.

I would love to see a season of Pac-12 vs SEC instead of inter-conference games. Never happen of course, but it would be interesting.
    Last edited by cubby; 2012-11-18 at 02:05 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woot!! Rutgers is #1 in the Big East.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damnit Stanford, you were doing so well. Don't drop the ball and hand it to the best offense in the country, when you held them to seven points in the whole first half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy frak! I thought KSU might stumble but certainly not at the hands of Baylor, and not in this embarrassing fashion. Meanwhile, Oregon's not out of the woods yet.

At this rate we'll see them both use, USC will topple ND... and force another all-SEC title game with Alabama or Georgia vs Florida.

*head asplodes*

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy frak! I thought KSU might stumble but certainly not at the hands of Baylor, and not in this embarrassing fashion. Meanwhile, Oregon's not out of the woods yet.

At this rate we'll see them both use, USC will topple ND... and force another all-SEC title game with Alabama or Georgia vs Florida.

*head asplodes*
    Well, no. Even if that scenario happens, Bama plays Georgia in the SEC title game. If anything, Florida might jump up there, but take it from a fan, they don't deserve to be in the same state as the BCS title game.

*head asplodes*
    A 2 loss SEC team is tough, but BCS title game worthy?.........eh..... not likely
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, no. Even if that scenario happens, Bama plays Georgia in the SEC title game.
    That's why I said Alabama or Georgia (i.e. SEC champion) vs. Florida.

If anything, Florida might jump up there, but take it from a fan, they don't deserve to be in the same state as the BCS title game.
    I realize the scenario might seem far-fetched, but the computers are awfully fond of Florida right now, regardless. If we've learned anything about all these years of the BCS, the word "deserve" isn't part of the formula.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Logonov View Post
    A 2 loss SEC team is tough, but BCS title game worthy?.........eh..... not likely
    There is no two-loss team under that scenario (as unlikely as it is)... unless you're banking on something else you've not specified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stanford wins! Time for a BCS shakeup bwahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah lol nice so sec is back in business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stanford wins! Time for a BCS shakeup bwahaha
    *Senses a great disturbance in the force*

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I need Oregon to lose to O.state and ND to lose to USC

If UO loses to OSU I'm gonna shit bricks. That and ND losing would make this one of the most interesting college football seasons in recent memory, in my opinion.

Lol! Oregon won't make the National Championship Game now or possibly even the Rose Bowl if Stanford beats UCLA. I also dislike how Alabama slithered back into likely the #2 spot. I hope Georgia beats them.