Thread: NCAA football

All conferences moved to a title game out of equality. Now we have a team who didnt play a conference championship game facing off against the sec champ, nothing ever changes.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    I don't think it was the best he could do I think he wanted a team where he could lay low and probably get a good job in 2 years.
    That or one that wouldn't ask too many questions and pry to much lol

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    That or one that wouldn't ask too many questions and pry to much lol
    Either way Western Kentucky will be good next year for sure and if he stays there the next few years.

Either way Western Kentucky will be good next year for sure and if he stays there the next few years.

Well most of the good competition is leaving the Sunbelt so it shouldn't be hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Holy hell all the stories about "would you draft Johnny Football"
    stupid talk until they declare for the draft, especially when they're not even eligible until after next year

15+ Year Old Account
    NCAA related, the non-football Big East schools (DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's and Villanova) met today to discuss the future of the Big East. Rumor has it they are considering all leaving the Big East to form their own conference. They were universally pissed about the addition of Tulane which is going to tank their conference RPI. The Big East gets plenty of coverage about their football programs falling apart and being replaced, but the movement has ravaged their basketball structure far, far more drastically. Their basketball conference is losing Pitt, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Louisville. Three of those teams are perennial powers in the conference. Losing them is going to wreck the basketball set up of the conference far more than the football set up because frankly all of the leaving football teams are mediocre. The seven Big East schools are likely going to try and leave and form their own conference along with other non-football college schools that excel at basketball like Xavier, Dayton, VCU, Saint Louis, and Butler all from the A10.

10+ Year Old Account
    NCAA related, the non-football Big East schools (DePaul, Georgetown, Marquette, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's and Villanova) met today to discuss the future of the Big East. Rumor has it they are considering all leaving the Big East to form their own conference. They were universally pissed about the addition of Tulane which is going to tank their conference RPI. The Big East gets plenty of coverage about their football programs falling apart and being replaced, but the movement has ravaged their basketball structure far, far more drastically. Their basketball conference is losing Pitt, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Louisville. Three of those teams are perennial powers in the conference. Losing them is going to wreck the basketball set up of the conference far more than the football set up because frankly all of the leaving football teams are mediocre. The seven Big East schools are likely going to try and leave and form their own conference along with other non-football college schools that excel at basketball like Xavier, Dayton, VCU, Saint Louis, and Butler all from the A10.
    Thing is nobody cares about college basketball all the money is in football IDK they should make a basketball conference with Gonzaga and other teams like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thing is nobody cares about college basketball all the money is in football IDK they should make a basketball conference with Gonzaga and other teams like that.
    Correction, no one cares about college basketball until the tournament which they just got paid $10.8 BILLION for the tv rights for the next 14 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correction, no one cares about college basketball until the tournament which they just got paid $10.8 BILLION for the tv rights for the next 14 years.
    Yeah march madness is when people start to pay attention to but other then that NCAA college basketball is blah. But every move so far has been because of Football if anybody else says differently they are kidding themselves.

Apparently Bobby Petrino has been hired at Western Kentucky. After all the places his name has been listed at and WKU is the best he could do? lol
    I hear in Kentucky you can have sex with who ever you want and no one cares.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 11:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    All conferences moved to a title game out of equality. Now we have a team who didnt play a conference championship game facing off against the sec champ, nothing ever changes.
    I hate Notre Dame with every inch of my body and hate their fans even more but I believe they deserve to be in the title game. They had a brutal schedule and beat some good teams. They beat 4 ranked teams and beat USC at USC. Just filled out my ESPN Bowl Mania picks and all of Notre Lame's opponents except Fake Forest and BC are heading to Bowl Games. So by all means they deserve to be there.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-12-12 at 04:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reportedly Tubberville was at a dinner with recruits when he took the Cincinnati job. He just left the restaurant without ever informing the recruits or coaches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reportedly Tubberville was at a dinner with recruits when he took the Cincinnati job. He just left the restaurant without ever informing the recruits or coaches.
    What a douche nozzle.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a douche nozzle.
    It's being denied by Cincy, so who knows really if it happened.

AJ McCarron announced he's coming back to Bama. Good for them. Not really up on what their backups can do, but since it's the most fragile position in Alabama each year, it's always good to see a senior behind the wheels. Both Bama and Florida are gonna be tough next year. Florida is young, but they may have issues at running back. May have to use Tre Burton more in the backfield. Mack Brown hasn't looked that bad when he gets snaps though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be completely shocked if he hadn't stayed, he's an Alabama native and playing for Alabama is undoubtedly better than anything else he might be doing next year, I seriously doubt he is projected as a high pick, he certainly has a shot at a good pro career but waiting one more year would only help him since teams aren't clamoring for him

but then sometimes players declare early inexplicably, like when Darius Walker went early and was undrafted, so it is nice to see them return when they ought to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I'd be completely shocked if he hadn't stayed, he's an Alabama native and playing for Alabama is undoubtedly better than anything else he might be doing next year, I seriously doubt he is projected as a high pick, he certainly has a shot at a good pro career but waiting one more year would only help him since teams aren't clamoring for him

but then sometimes players declare early inexplicably, like when Darius Walker went early and was undrafted, so it is nice to see them return when they ought to
    He's not gonna have an NFL career. McCelroy is a third string on the Jets, and AJ isn't gonna do much better. I really don't get it. If Alabama was able to get a solid good pocket quarterback, they'd be damn near unstoppable. Instead, they get all these "game managers" that are just there to "not lose". I'm not saying they're bad players, but why can't one of the most prestigious schools in the country (for football) find themselves a QB worth bragging about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He's not gonna have an NFL career. McCelroy is a third string on the Jets, and AJ isn't gonna do much better. I really don't get it. If Alabama was able to get a solid good pocket quarterback, they'd be damn near unstoppable. Instead, they get all these "game managers" that are just there to "not lose". I'm not saying they're bad players, but why can't one of the most prestigious schools in the country (for football) find themselves a QB worth bragging about?
    yea but that's the place to be, 3rd string on the Jets might make him the default best passer on the team, and a guy can end up signed by Arizona and then all bets are off

shit, even Ken Dorsey started games and he had a noodle arm and zero mobility

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

My guess is because everyone in country knows its run, run ,run some more. Most QB's that are hoping to go to the NFL don't want to be turning around and handing the ball off 75% of the time. Secondly, I'm not totally sure that style of QB isn't exactly what Saban wants, someone that gives you a shot at getting out of 3rd and longs, but if they don't they aren't gonna hand the ball over on the 35.

Arkansas' new staff seems to be shaping up well, Offensive Coordinator from Tennessee and Defensive Coordinator from Wisconsin.

Arkansas' new staff seems to be shaping up well, Offensive Coordinator from Tennessee and Defensive Coordinator from Wisconsin.
    I was hoping they were going to hire South Carolina's Offensive Line coach so we could get rid of that failtard. Our O-Line has always been horrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a shame there is like 15 people at the New Mexico Bowl, and probably the number watching on tv. This has been a pretty great game so far. Nevada jumped up 21-0, Arizona tied it at 21-21. Oh ya and there is still 10 minutes to go until halftime!

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit this game got interesting at the end. A quick score, onside kick, an another quick score to get Arizona ahead of Nevada.