Thread: NCAA football

15+ Year Old Account
    Congrats BCS. The game that is almost certainly going to be the most exciting of the entire bowl season was on day one at 1 pm. That game was great.

it was a great game

Didnt even know it was on, dang lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol the reported attendance for the New Mexico Bowl was 24,000. That is some bullshit. I don't eve think the Lobo's stadium can seat 24,000 people.

Im just glad I had those 2 games as my lowest confidence picks on ESPN's Bowl mania. I cant believe some people actually had those two as their highest. Arent you supposed to put the easy wins as your best picks? Like I have 35 confidence points for Florida killing Louisville and 34 for Florida State killing Northern Illinois. I think my 33 point pick was LSU over Clemson. Im probably going to bet a ton of money on that game as well. The ACC can never beat the SEC in anything and LSU is only -3 in that game. I guess Vegas is looking to go broke cause everyone is going to take LSU @ only -3 over a cupcake ACC team all day long.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    Im just glad I had those 2 games as my lowest confidence picks on ESPN's Bowl mania. I cant believe some people actually had those two as their highest. Arent you supposed to put the easy wins as your best picks? Like I have 35 confidence points for Florida killing Louisville and 34 for Florida State killing Northern Illinois. I think my 33 point pick was LSU over Clemson. Im probably going to bet a ton of money on that game as well. The ACC can never beat the SEC in anything and LSU is only -3 in that game. I guess Vegas is looking to go broke cause everyone is going to take LSU @ only -3 over a cupcake ACC team all day long.
    I think the people who had those at the highest just left their picks in the order of the games being played. At least I would assume so since neither of those games were the absolute sure bet type of wins. My top confidence picks look about the same lol. Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma St, LSU, AZ St are my top 5. Utah St was actually my 6th.

And ya the LSU line scream bet me. Line is up to -4 right now with o/u at 59. If I was a betting man, I would pick LSU to cover and the under. I think they are going to grind Clemson's brains out and win it by 14, something around 28-14.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-12-17 at 02:50 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there is a bowl game on tonight. Who would have guessed?

Speaking of bowl games, the New Mexico Bowl, you know that 49-48 amazing game that opened the bowl season, pulled a 1.9 overnight rating. Pretty good for a meaningless game between two non-nationally relevant schools in the afternoon. The MLS Finals earned a .9 rating. The MLS finals are more irrelevant than an Arizona/Nevada football game lol.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Apparently there is a bowl game on tonight. Who would have guessed?

Speaking of bowl games, the New Mexico Bowl, you know that 49-48 amazing game that opened the bowl season, pulled a 1.9 overnight rating. Pretty good for a meaningless game between two non-nationally relevant schools in the afternoon. The MLS Finals earned a .9 rating. The MLS finals are more irrelevant than an Arizona/Nevada football game lol.
    Most bowl games will do better then the MLB playoffs as well. Football in the U.S is king and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

15+ Year Old Account
    I picked SDSU to upset yesterday in my Bowl Pickem. Luckily they were literally my last confidence pick so I only lost 1 point.

I thought this video was pretty cool. Someone had strapped a camera onto a player's helmet and captured them running onto the field for the New Orleans Bowl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like San Diego State is going to end up winning this game with negative rushing yards. Wonder if that's ever happened before.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rutgers beat South Florida a couple of years ago with some negative yards rushing. I think the 2010 or 2011 year.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Texas came back to beat Oregon St. 31-27 Hook em \,,/

10+ Year Old Account
    "That was pass interference, but it shouldn't be called because the ball was uncatchable, it was out of bounds."

Meanwhile, they're watching the replay, and the balls LANDS in-bounds. Commentators are funny.

Holy shit balls, 10 sacks. I don't think I've seen an offensive line (and quarterback, hurr hold on to the ball hurr) play so horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Holy shit balls, 10 sacks. I don't think I've seen an offensive line (and quarterback, hurr hold on to the ball hurr) play so horribly.
    Well to be honest Oregon State's defense carried the offense this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Well to be honest Oregon State's defense carried the offense this season.
    Oh, absolutely. They have some insane playmakers on offense, but had no consistency from their line or quarterback play this year. Not really surprised by the general outcome of this game, but holy crap. How do you give up 10 sacks? That's a special kind of awful.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Sun Bowl in El Paso featuring a national power in USC and at least a nationally relevant school in Georgia Tech, has the entire end zone sections of the stadium tarped off. Fucking pathetic. Whats more pathetic is the refs just screwed up a missed field goal, calling it good despite it not being close, and then having to fix it via replay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm watching NC State pretend to have a NFL-caliber quarterback. I think 5 turnovers so far for Vandy. If I were more a social guy, I'd probably go out in town and listen to people complaining.

The SEC doesn't have the best history of bowl records, I'm hoping it changes this year. 1-0 incoming.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-12-31 at 07:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I'm watching NC State pretend to have a NFL-caliber quarterback. I think 5 turnovers so far for Vandy. If I were more a social guy, I'd probably go out in town and listen to people complaining.
    So what you're saying is that the Mike Glennon hype is probably just hype? Ya I'd buy that lol. I only take NC State QBs seriously when they transfer to Wisconsin.

---------- Post added 2012-12-31 at 03:01 PM ----------

I think I love the Georgia Tech bowl uniforms. They are a quality combination of dark blue and light gold with the light gold sections having a honeycomb pattern. They look pretty great.