Thread: NCAA football

10+ Year Old Account
    Notre Dame earned their butt-whoopin'

lots of other teams had the opportunity but didn't make it through their schedules undefeated, no sense in crying about playoffs they're already coming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    I've never understood conference loyalty.
    For awhile, I was considering myself a Nebraska fan. Later on, it made sense, given I had a high school friend play for them.

But I don't think it's "loyalty" for me, so much as "there's way too many teams, and I'm not going to learn every player on all of them, so screw all that noise". I have two teams I really care about, and they both happen to be in the SEC. I like to root for underdog teams all the time, and I don't mind seeing LSU and Tennessee get their asses handed to them by high school teams. I also enjoy(ed) watching Boise State, just for the entertainment factor. Fuck their field though, I want to be able to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    One?

1998: Tennessee 23, Florida State 16
    2000: Oklahoma 13, Florida State 2 (technically a close game)
    2002: Ohio State 31, Miami 24
    2003: LSU 21, Oklahoma 14
    2005: Texas 41, USC 38
    2007: LSU 38, Ohio State 24
    2008: Florida 24, Oklahoma 14 (Oklahomas average points in the previous 7 games was close to 70)
    2010: Auburn 22, Oregon 19
    Meh, I understand your point (> 1) but this is really stretching it. Most of those games weren't as close as the final scores seemingly indicate. (How many of those did you watch?)

Ohio State/Miami, Texas/USC, and Auburn/Oregon were tight back-and-forth contests. The rest... not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    I've never understood conference loyalty.
    psh i hate everyone in my conference. Purdue is awful but ill always love them boilers. I hate my conference commissioner the most though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    I just left the campus of the University of Alabama. All I can say is, fuck that noise. I would gladly elect Nick Saban president of the world, but fuck every mouth breathing degenerate from that campus.

Frat boys rule the SEC. Frat boys are the lamest thing since Bambi with a bum leg. I loathe them. I would enjoy my school winning the national title, but there are too many douche-bag frat boys to enjoy myself.

I wish that some of you could see this abomination of pop culture and conformity. Everything that is wrong with the US.
    I like sandwiches

ND looked scared and the gameplan was pathetic

bama hadn't looked better all year and considering AJ's accuracy throwing over coverage is horrid, they sure seemed fine with giving him everything underneath

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing more pathetic than Alabama frat boys are Notre Dame football players and fans.

I hate being from Alabama. Only thing worse would be being an Indiana redneck or ND fan.

Seriously, Notre Dame fucking sucked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone that thought that they had a snowball's chance in hell realizes how absurd they were.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 11:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    ND looked scared and the gameplan was pathetic

bama hadn't looked better all year and considering AJ's accuracy throwing over coverage is horrid, they sure seemed fine with giving him everything underneath
    Suck it! You talked shit all year about how AJ was not shit. Look how stupid you look.
    Last edited by Roose; 2013-01-08 at 05:27 AM.
    I like sandwiches

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    when a team rams their dick down your throat and holds you to 1/3 of your average PPG, you got smothered, raped, whatever you wanna call it

they got their asses kicked. their offense has been a let down in big games
    their defense has played decent in those big games

but overall they've never been more than a 3-5 team in reality
    Nothing in this statement either makes sense or is true. But thanks for the chuckles.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 05:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Didn't say it was a smothering I didn't even post the part about the smothering that was somebody else. I am sorry that your team gets beat by the SEC and you are crying about it oh well maybe your conference will get better and Oregon won't lose next year in the regular season but whatever. I feel bad that your team needs to wear 20 different uniforms to get people attention instead of winning NC games like Bama or LSU does. Anyways bask in the glory of another SEC BCS champion winner for the 7th straight year and I'll sit here and feed on your tears till next year when the SEC wins again.
    My bad really - I assumed you knew what you were talking about. Turns out I was wrong. But feel free to keep shaming yourself - we're all loving it.

(but damn Alabama is a good team - no one can say otherwise)

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, it was cool to see Urban Meyer behind the desk again. He just seems to fit. Obviously I'm biased because he got us two titles, but I'm a pretty big fan. I say he should have just fully retired and continued working for ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Oregon has played two SEC teams in the last few years and have lost both. What was the score of the Oregon vs LSU match oh yeah 40-27.

Oregon is (3-5) against SEC - ALL TIME

Average score: Oregon 27.3 - SEC 27.4

In bowl games: Oregon is (0-1) against SEC
    Average score: Oregon 19.0 - SEC 22.0

2011/09/03 Oregon 27 - LSU 40 L
    2011/01/10 Oregon 19 - Auburn 22 L !! BCS Championship !!
    2010/09/11 Oregon 48 - Tennessee 13 W
    2003/08/30 Oregon 42 - Mississippi St 34 W
    2002/08/31 Oregon 36 - Mississippi St 13 W
    1977/10/22 Oregon 17 - LSU 56 L
    1977/09/10 Oregon 16 - Georgia 27 L
    1934/12/15 Oregon 13 - LSU 14 L

Since we are talking about Recent history, there really isn't a big enough sample size to make an accurate judgement. Under Chip Kelly, Oregon is 1-2 against the SEC with a combined score of 94-75. The LSU game turned on a bad special teams play early on that resulted in a direct 14 point swing. The Auburn game came down to a last second field goal that was set up because of a fluke call on a play that everyone on the field including the guy with the ball thought was blown dead. Oregon went into Tennessee and drilled them in a night game earlier that same year. To its credit, Tennessee who will likely be ranked under its new head coach, is coming to Oregon in 2013.

Next year it will be Oregon/Stanford vs. Alabama/Florida for the BCS title.
    Last edited by webzagar; 2013-01-08 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I am going to say in my parting remarks:

Notre Dame sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe that any of you fools thought they were ever worth a shit. They almost lost to Pitt! Ole Miss beat the dog piss out of Pitt! No surprise that Bama beat the everliving bejesus out of these fools.

You do Not know how to play football! That goes for everyone but the SEC and Louisville/Clemson.

Notre Dame will NEVER be as good as Alabama. How bad is that? How bad is it that you can't outdo a tiny town with nothing in it besides a football stadium?

N O T R E D A M E S U C K S ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Cool it bro -Conscript
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-01-08 at 11:10 AM.
    I like sandwiches

One?

1998: Tennessee 23, Florida State 16
    2000: Oklahoma 13, Florida State 2 (technically a close game)
    2002: Ohio State 31, Miami 24
    2003: LSU 21, Oklahoma 14
    2005: Texas 41, USC 38
    2007: LSU 38, Ohio State 24
    2008: Florida 24, Oklahoma 14 (Oklahomas average points in the previous 7 games was close to 70)
    2010: Auburn 22, Oregon 19
    BCS national championship game started in 2007. The 2008 game is pushing it as far as a close game but I'll give it to you. Still, for supposedly matching up the #1 and #2 teams in the country for a game they have been for the most part a dud.

Geez, that was pretty nuts. It's like the folks in Alabama pour their time and energy into football instead of college.

SEC seems at a different level than most of the rest of the NCAA.

And now that the season is finally over, I can say there wasn't one good close major bowl game this year. Not that I saw anyway. I may have missed one or two somewhere, but I don't think I did. A sad end to a sad season.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't watch a snap of the game last night. Bama destroyed them. Not exactly unexpected, but the fashion in which they did it was pretty nuts.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I couldn't decide who I wanted to win. I wanted ND to win to shut up Bama/SEC fans since I hate their fanbase. But I also wanted Bama to win to show the nation how much of a joke ND was this year. They had way too many close games against bad teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    BCS national championship game started in 2007. The 2008 game is pushing it as far as a close game but I'll give it to you. Still, for supposedly matching up the #1 and #2 teams in the country for a game they have been for the most part a dud.
    What do you mean started in 2007?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BCS_Nat...mpionship_Game

Quote Originally Posted by webzagar View Post
    Oregon is (3-5) against SEC - ALL TIME

Average score: Oregon 27.3 - SEC 27.4

In bowl games: Oregon is (0-1) against SEC
    Average score: Oregon 19.0 - SEC 22.0

2011/09/03 Oregon 27 - LSU 40 L
    2011/01/10 Oregon 19 - Auburn 22 L !! BCS Championship !!
    2010/09/11 Oregon 48 - Tennessee 13 W
    2003/08/30 Oregon 42 - Mississippi St 34 W
    2002/08/31 Oregon 36 - Mississippi St 13 W
    1977/10/22 Oregon 17 - LSU 56 L
    1977/09/10 Oregon 16 - Georgia 27 L
    1934/12/15 Oregon 13 - LSU 14 L

Since we are talking about Recent history, there really isn't a big enough sample size to make an accurate judgement. Under Chip Kelly, Oregon is 1-2 against the SEC with a combined score of 94-75. The LSU game turned on a bad special teams play early on that resulted in a direct 14 point swing. The Auburn game came down to a last second field goal that was set up because of a fluke call on a play that everyone on the field including the guy with the ball thought was blown dead. Oregon went into Tennessee and drilled them in a night game earlier that same year. To its credit, Tennessee who will likely be ranked under its new head coach, is coming to Oregon in 2013.

Next year it will be Oregon/Stanford vs. Alabama/Florida for the BCS title.

So the only wins Oregon has is over bad SEC teams. Mississippi State was pretty bad back then, and Tennessee hasn't had a decent team since they won the NC. Granted they haven't played many in recent history, still not a good stat though.

As far as this NC game goes, it was pretty bad. I told all my friends going in that it would show whether ND was good or lucky, I think we know which now. You let Alabama run the ball like that you are gonna lose every time.

As far as next year goes it should be interesting. Alabama is still probably the class of the SEC going into next year and probably will be every year until Saban leaves. That said though, I'm interested to see what Texas A&M, Ohio State, Oregon, and Stanford do next year. I honestly don't think anyone else has much of a chance without some luck ( Florida's coach has no control over his guys and he came from the choke job that is Texas). I think ND gets snapped back to reality next year.

Anyways thats another year closed out, time for some hockey

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean started in 2007?
    I'm guessing he's not clear on the involved history and the implementation of the double-hosting format.

Doozerjun: from the '98-'99 though '05-'06 seasons, the Fiesta, Sugar, Orange and Rose bowls were the national championship games; the BCS #1 vs. #2 match-up rotated between them annually. In 2004 they decided to include a stand-alone BCS championship game, which was added beginning with the '06-'07 season. Point being, they're still equivalent regardless of the format change. So, the first BCS national championship game was the 1999 Fiesta Bowl.

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    All I am going to say in my parting remarks... <snip>
    How's the hangover?

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 07:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    By the way, it was cool to see Urban Meyer behind the desk again. He just seems to fit. Obviously I'm biased because he got us two titles, but I'm a pretty big fan. I say he should have just fully retired and continued working for ESPN.
    Well, you should've twisted his arm harder. I'd much rather see him there than on the sideline in Columbus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I also enjoy(ed) watching Boise State, just for the entertainment factor. Fuck their field though, I want to be able to see.
    Then you're REALLY gonna love watching them now that they're staying in the MWC. One of their stipulations is that they get to wear their ugly blue jerseys when playing at home on their ugly blue turf. That's gonna be oh so much fun to watch. /vomit