Thread: NCAA football

That's absolutely nothing like how the interview went.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, either I was groggy and only heard bits and pieces, or they clipped the interview in a way that sounded like it. Either way, yeah, that was way off base.

15+ Year Old Account
    According to ABC, the voice can not be a man's according to the voice experts they took the tape to. NY Post reports it was that guys cousin. So many layers. So the lawyer for Tuiasosopo apparently lied about him being the voice.

There's so much conflicting information that I don't think we're going to get a resolution to this story any time soon. By then Te'o will be an NFL bust (because seriously, how are you supposed to focus on football when this is hanging over your head?) and he'll only come clean with everything because he wants a second shot at the NFL.

10+ Year Old Account
    this story is dead to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    There's so much conflicting information that I don't think we're going to get a resolution to this story any time soon.
    Indeed. It's rare to see a story so convoluted that it gets increasingly muddled as more details surface. At this rate, I'm starting to think we might never know the intent behind the whole thing.

Fuck, keep it going. Even though he had a terrible national title game he's bound to be at least decent in the NFL. The longer this goes on, the further his draft stock will (hopefully) drop so my team can pick him up

10+ Year Old Account
    The Superman thing needs to die already.

He's fun to watch play, but damn Manziel looks like a grade-A douchebag.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    He's fun to watch play, but damn Manziel looks like a grade-A douchebag.
    Lol couldn't have said it better myself. Hopefully TAM will get him some professional handlers that will prevent much more of his douchery. Although, I mean, he is only, what, 19 now. I did some pretty stupid things when I was that age too, and I didn't have the pressure he has to live under either.
    Last edited by cubby; 2013-01-27 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's WTF moment is brought to you by Texas State Representative (and Texas A&M graduate) Ryan Guillen, who's introduced a bill into the state legislature demanding the Longhorn/Aggie rivalry game be renewed, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas H.B. No. 788
    BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:

SECTION 1. Subchapter Z, Chapter 51, Education Code, is amended by adding Section 51.9246 to read as follows:

Sec. 51.9246. FOOTBALL GAME BETWEEN THE UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS AT AUSTIN AND TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY.

(a) The intercollegiate football teams of The University of Texas at Austin and Texas A&M University shall annually play a nonconference, regular-season football game against one another.

(b) If The University of Texas at Austin or Texas A&M University refuses to play the football game required by Subsection (a) in a year, the university may not award to any student for the following academic year an athletic scholarship, grant, or similar financial assistance funded with state money and conditioned on the student ’s participation on the university ’s intercollegiate football team.

SECTION 2. Section 51.9246, Education Code, as added by this Act, applies beginning with the intercollegiate football season for the 2014-2015 academic year.

SECTION 3. This Act takes effect immediately if it receives a vote of two-thirds of all the members elected to each house, as provided by Section 39, Article III, Texas Constitution. If this Act does not receive the vote necessary for immediate effect, this Act takes effect September 1, 2013.

Yeah. 'Cause that's legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a real rivalry game, or is it one of those fake ones brought on by just being in the same conference? Like, real rivalries would be Alabama/Auburn, Florida/Florida State, South Carolina/Clemson. Usually based on location. But I can't ever figure out which school is which's rivalry in Texas because there's a hundred major schools there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is that a real rivalry game
    Yes, it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    Yes, it was.
    Then while it's not a legal matter, there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then while it's not a legal matter, there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep it.
    That's the funny part though. A long time ago for UT fans, OU eclipsed A&M as being the more important opponent, which always pissed off Aggie fans (they always thought of UT as their main rival, and developed an interesting sort of inferiority complex along the way). After it was announced that they'd be leaving the conference though, many A&M fans adopted a "good riddance" attitude to UT amidst their departure to the SEC, as that catered to their delusions of being an elite program.

So, despite A&M only beating UT five times during the Big XII era, and a fair amount of apathy from both fanbases about the rivalry game having ended -- now this state rep comes along threatening to remove scholarships and grants if the series isn't guaranteed to continue ASAP. That couldn't have anything at all to do with the fact that he knows A&M has a high probability of not being mediocre for the next three or four years. Nah, couldn't be.

I might just be weird, but to me this all makes for great comedy.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    Texas State Representative (and Texas A&M graduate) Ryan Guillen, who's introduced a bill into the state legislature demanding the Longhorn/Aggie rivalry game be renewed, or else.
    What an idiot.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...er-sources-say This shit will be all over my local radio show today I haven't about it locally but in about 30 mins I will be bombarded with this shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    http://espn.go.com/college-sports/re...er-sources-say This shit will be all over my local radio show today I haven't about it locally but in about 30 mins I will be bombarded with this shit.
    She's legally not allowed to do that. That's fucked up.

Here's some more for you http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s.../classrankings

Bama and Florida at 1 and 2 in recruiting, rather expected. Ole Miss getting top players and ranking number 5, not so much. Wonder how well they're gonna do the next couple years.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She's legally not allowed to do that. That's fucked up.

Here's some more for you http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s.../classrankings

Bama and Florida at 1 and 2 in recruiting, rather expected. Ole Miss getting top players and ranking number 5, not so much. Wonder how well they're gonna do the next couple years.
    Yeah it's kinda eyebrow raising if you get the drift about old miss. I mean they usually place in the bottom with Vandy,Kentucky,and Miss State I don't know how they are getting the recruits they are getting it's just kinda weird.