Thread: NCAA football

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's adorable that anyone thinks FSU is a #1 team over Alabama.
    I don't see how anyone can even think that right now. The only team Bama didn't sleep through was A&M. Which is the only thing that worries me. Looks like Missouri might be the SEC East champions, so I'm not sure how Bama will fare against another read option style game. FSU has played a great season so far, but when you struggle against a bad team like BC, you're not gonna hop over the preseason number 1 who hasn't even come close to losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    Yesterday must've been especially tough. I was looking at Florida's record yesterday thinking "wow, I bet UF hasn't lost four in a row in ages!" -- until I pulled up the stats and saw it just happened under Muschamp two years ago, during the toughest part of the conference schedule. I'd forgotten. You'd have to go back to 1988 under Galen Hall to duplicate it, and that was more what I had in mind.

At this rate they're going to come after the coaching staff with torches and pitchforks.
    You almost have to wonder. They go from winning titles under Urban Meyer, to probably not even making a bowl game. They have solid running backs but can't get any running game going because of a terrible offensive line. QB's are suffering a similar problem, but throwing interceptions all day isn't going to help. The defense is good, but they can't stop a team when they're getting the ball inside the 40 yard line every time. And the red zone offense is atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    And you can say what you want, but Akron did get hosed against Michigan on that final play, the reciever going for the ball was clearly held (and even dragged down to the ground) and unable to even make a play on the ball. no flag. your team got lucky to beat them.
    We were lucky to beat Akron, because we're not very good, not because of your claim of a missed call on the final play. There were a couple of goofs by the officials elsewhere in that game, but this wasn't one of them.

Seriously, go back and look closely at all the available clips (there are several, like this and this). Thomas Gordon and Zach D'Orazio made typical contact close to the line of scrimmage as he began his route -- no grasping, no hooking. D'Orazio jockeyed for position and got free, Gordon was actually burned on the play and fell down. Pohl overthrew D'Orazio, who was still on his feet and dove for the ball. He wasn't "dragged to the ground", nor did he go down due to contact. The play happened directly between the umpire and back judge. Neither threw a flag because there was no foul.

Sorry, this is just an example of you not being able to see past your bias. If there were a missed call on the play I wouldn't have any problem admitting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You almost have to wonder. They go from winning titles under Urban Meyer, to probably not even making a bowl game.
    Believe me, I wish Urban Meyer had coached there for the rest of his life -- for your sake and mine.

15+ Year Old Account
    We were lucky to beat Akron, because we're not very good, not because of your claim of a missed call on the final play. There were a couple of goofs by the officials elsewhere in that game, but this wasn't one of them.

Seriously, go back and look closely at all the available clips (there are several, like this and this). Thomas Gordon and Zach D'Orazio made typical contact close to the line of scrimmage as he began his route -- no grasping, no hooking. D'Orazio jockeyed for position and got free, Gordon was actually burned on the play and fell down. Pohl overthrew D'Orazio, who was still on his feet and dove for the ball. He wasn't "dragged to the ground", nor did he go down due to contact. The play happened directly between the umpire and back judge. Neither threw a flag because there was no foul.

Sorry, this is just an example of you not being able to see past your bias. If there were a missed call on the play I wouldn't have any problem admitting it.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe me, I wish Urban Meyer had coached there for the rest of his life -- for your sake and mine.
    you mean except where he has enough of his leg to trip him up and prevent him from being able to make an adequate play on the ball right?

10+ Year Old Account
    you mean except where he has enough of his leg to trip him up and prevent him from being able to make an adequate play on the ball right?
    Just like the officials who were standing right there, I see nothing of the sort.

Can you show me where a foul was committed outside of your imagination?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just like the officials who were standing right there, I see nothing of the sort.

Can you show me where a foul was committed outside of your imagination?
    just because it wasn't called doesn't mean it wasn't committed, i mean, Tayler Lewan only got away with about 4 face masks against MSU alone. ABC even showed the footage NUMEROUS times throughout the game.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Baylor fans are gonna be pissed. Heh, serves them right.

Is Mariota out of the Heisman race?

10+ Year Old Account
    just because it wasn't called doesn't mean it wasn't committed, i mean, Tayler Lewan only got away with about 4 face masks against MSU alone. ABC even showed the footage NUMEROUS times throughout the game.
    Taylor Lewan should have been suspended, if not by Hoke, by the B1G. But that has fuck-all to do with the non-existent foul in the Akron game you keep complaining about. I can't tell if you're even being serious or if you're just yanking my chain out of boredom.

- - - Updated - - -

Baylor fans are gonna be pissed. Heh, serves them right.
    Pissed about what?

Is Mariota out of the Heisman race?
    Probably.
    Last edited by Sayl; 2013-11-11 at 09:38 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pissed about what?
    Being ranked below a one-loss team.

Probably.
    Damn. I hope he stays at Oregon another year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being ranked below a one-loss team.
    They were last week too though. Human voters unanimously have them at #4, regardless. (Ahead of Stanford.)

Damn. I hope he stays at Oregon another year.
    Me too. The injury hurts him more than the loss to Stanford if he remains banged up and continues to struggle like he did Thursday night. If the top four teams win out from here, the media lovefest will probably focus on Jameis Winston above all else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes. The anticipated lovefest I imagined might have been premature.

What timing. It should be noted, however, that:

No charges have been filed against Winston, and the investigation remains active.
    Winston has not been interviewed by police or prosecutors.
    TPD released an incident report on Wednesday in response to a request from the Tallahassee Democrat for any and all reports related to Winston.
    The report, which was heavily redacted, does not mention Winston by name.
    Here's a pre-headline Heisman watch screenie just for posterity's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taj Boyd just broke a Clemson passing record. Despite the score, every time I watch, I see either quarterback getting sacked, hurried, or knocked down behind the line on QB draws.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just looking at the games this weekend, not much of an upset chance.

I think Bama is a great team but they might struggle against Florida State or Ohio State just because those offense are really good and the defenses aren't as awful as someone like Texas A&M.

As an Ohio State fan i can't really argue with the current rankings. Florida State has looked impressive all season, and Bama only had the one close game. Ohio State looked sloppy early in the season and has a pretty weak schedule thanks to the Big Ten struggling so much. Florida States schedule isn't that great either but they looked more impressive through it.

Ohio State has turned it up the last few games though and if they win out and FSU or Bama lose then they certainly deserve a shot at the title game over Baylor or Stanford.
    Orc/Human Hunter - Futon @ Nathrezim and Kel'Thuzad

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is not good for FSU. What a political nightmare. Don't get me wrong, it shouldn't be a political issue at all, but it always is. I hope Winston isn't guilty of anything, but it's not looking good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just looking at the games this weekend, not much of an upset chance.
    Nothing really worth watching at all. Bama plays a late game, yet again, so no watching that for me. Going to work late, so I'll get to see most of the 3:30 game. Which looks like Georgia/Auburn or Ok St./Texas.

Next week, A&M/LSU and Baylor/Ok. St. look like fun. At least I'm currently scheduled to have next Saturday off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taj Boyd just broke a Clemson passing record.
    He almost broke a collarbone too. They're lucky he didn't get hurt worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I have nothing against Northwestern... but is this really necessary?

I feel bad for anyone who has to run through that cheesy thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is borderline blowout. I'm not sure how good Auburn is, but they're dominating against...well...half of Georgia.

Miami struggling against Duke and Ohio State having problems with Illinois makes me smile.

Duke hung more points on Miami than FSU did.

If Baylor wins out they deserve the #2 spot, imo.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Duke hung more points on Miami than FSU did.

If Baylor wins out they deserve the #2 spot, imo.
    It's like a tie between FSU and Baylor, neither team is really #2, but with the way the BCS works, that's what we're left with.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is borderline blowout. I'm not sure how good Auburn is, but they're dominating against...well...half of Georgia.
    I hope you didn't shut that one off early. The 4th quarter was nuts.