Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would I be able to get good fps in 25 mans with a computer like this?

I don't know anything about computers, so all of the information is just a bunch of gibberish. Would this computer be able to get 20-30 fps in 25 mans? http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-...591D3/17113673

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, buying anything from Wal-Mart, no.

Second off: NVIDIA GT520 graphics With 1GB of video memory and DirectX11 support.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...+GT520&x=0&y=0

I highly doubt a 60$ GPU is going to allow you to run 25man raids with 'good' FPS.

Final Answer: This machine will get you decent performance with limited visuals (ie depth of view/details/shadows turned down), but may still struggle to perform in 25mans, due to CPU bottlenecking with the CPU, and a very low end GPU installed.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Short Answer : No

Long Answer: It will not be able to run smoothly at 30 FPS in 25 mans because WoW is more CPU dependent than GPU dependent in raiding environments. The Athlon X3 720 is a weak processor when compared to equivalently priced Intel chips. Also the Geforce GT520 is a media video card which means it should only be used for watching high definition videos on youtube, hulu, etc.

If you want to help looking for a new system or building a new system please ask as there are more than enough users on this forum with the knowledge to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I don't know anything about computers, so all of the information is just a bunch of gibberish. Would this computer be able to get 20-30 fps in 25 mans? http://www.walmart.com/ip/iBuypower-...591D3/17113673
    I'm going to tell you this right now: If it's a computer from best buy or walmart, or any place like that, your answer is going to be: Very likely NO, even with minimal graphics. (This is without even looking at the computer, because there's a 99.99% chance it follows what I'm about to say)

You have two options:

A) Buy parts for about as much as the computer you linked and get to play with decent graphics, or at least have a minimum of 60FPS ANYWHERE (Vert Sync cap is 60)

B) Be part of the idiot consumer masses and buy a computer like Alienware for 3-5 grand and get the same performance as if you built a $1,000-$1,500 computer yourself.

Unless the computer is built for gaming (which like I said will run you a ton of money, WAY more than the part/labor cost), it won't have a video card that isn't integrated in your motherboard. 99% of integrated video cards won't cut it, even in a non-graphical game like WoW. Even with a good video card, your processor and ram is very likely to be low as well. It really would be beneficial to try and build one yourself.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Yes, it will run WoW just fine, might not be able to max out all settings to ultra or anything in 25m, but it will run the game just fine.

You'll get good enough framerate, trust me. When i started my computer was less than half of what that is and i was able to raid in 25 mans, you just wont be able to have all the setting up really high. The processor isnt amazing but it also wouldnt be as useless as these guys are makin it sound

Deleted
    Buyers remorse general? Buyer's remorse general.
    Ofcourse it will run it at 30 fps. WoW is ancient and no amount of bloat added to the engine can change the fact that wow is so popular because it can run on pretty much everything. This is a terrible place to ask for a prebuilt computer.
    IT will choke in the main cities though, but i assume that's a non-issue.

Take this with a grain of salt, the other posters are raging because you can make a much better machine for the money, if you just want something that just functions and wont be playing any high-end games, (Battlefield and the likes.. ) you can safely get this thing.

Yes it will play just fine. You don't need ultra setting for everything. I never turn my draw distance higher than fair because the game starts to lose dimensionality and look like a 2D drawing on higher settings. I also leave the water setting on low with projected textures on because to me , it looks the best like that. The higher settings (and yes I could use them since I have a quad core and DX 11) just don't look that great to me.
    Shadows on fair and the same with particle density. I also use 4 X AA and no more than 2 X AF. Sunshafts are disabled and this is all in DX 11 mode.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Thank you for all of your responses, I really appreciate it. Now, if I were to do 10 mans with setting on medium, what kind of fps do you think I would get?

Deleted
    Depending on your addons from 40 to 80.

Quote Originally Posted by RacistLiquid View Post
    This is a terrible place to ask for a prebuilt computer.
    IT will choke in the main cities though, but i assume that's a non-issue.
    That's because prebuilt computers are usually shit. Like the one in question here.

Notice that OP asked for performance in 25-man raids, and since 25-mans are more demanding than cities, by your definition it's unusable.

Thank you for all of your responses, I really appreciate it. Now, if I were to do 10 mans with setting on medium, what kind of fps do you think I would get?
    Because my real computer is still in repair, I'm currently forced to use PhenomII x3 720 (same processor) and Radeon 4850 (better graphics card) with quite many addons, so I can lay out some actual real numbers.

I have the big slider set to "good" (middle) with sunshafts and shadow quality set to lowest and particle density on ultra with 1920x1080 monitor. 10-man raids run at about 25fps, except during heavy aoe it drops to 10-15fps. In 25-man raids normal fps is around 15-20, and it drops down to 3-5fps during heavy aoe like for example when doing seeds/sons on Ragnaros.

so no, it will not give good fps on 25-man raids.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    That's because prebuilt computers are usually shit. Like the one in question here.

Notice that OP asked for performance in 25-man raids, and since 25-mans are more demanding than cities, by your definition it's unusable.

Because my real computer is still in repair, I'm currently forced to use PhenomII x3 720 (same processor) and Radeon 4850 (better graphics card) so I can lay out some actual real numbers.

I have the big slider set to "good" (middle) with sunshafts and shadow quality set to lowest on a 1920x1080 monitor. 10-man raids run at about 25fps, except during heavy aoe it drops to 10-15fps. In 25-man raids normal fps is around 15-20, and it drops down to 3-5fps during heavy aoe like for example when doing seeds/sons on Ragnaros.

25-man raids are not nearly as demanding as a city enviroment. with hundreds of people flying around on their mounts it's obviously a bigger resource sink.
    I have had no issues with an even worse processor + 4670 and it's running at a steady 30, no dips. However, in a large city I barely get up to 5.

Because my real computer is still in repair, I'm currently forced to use PhenomII x3 720 (same processor) and Radeon 4850 (better graphics card) with quite many addons, so I can lay out some actual real numbers.

I have the big slider set to "good" (middle) with sunshafts and shadow quality set to lowest and particle density on ultra with 1920x1080 monitor. 10-man raids run at about 25fps, except during heavy aoe it drops to 10-15fps. In 25-man raids normal fps is around 15-20, and it drops down to 3-5fps during heavy aoe like for example when doing seeds/sons on Ragnaros.

Thanks that was very helpful. I don't have much money to spend, so im trying to get a decent computer with what I have, but I can't build a computer myself, since i understand nothing about them.

Radeon 4850 (better graphics card) with quite many addons, so I can lay out some actual real numbers.
    4850 is so much better card than a GT520 that it can't be easily explained (for gaming, of course). It's like 4 to 5 times better
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-11-18 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks that was very helpful. I don't have much money to spend, so im trying to get a decent computer with what I have, but I can't build a computer myself, since i understand nothing about them.
    You can learn. Building a computer now-a-days is idiot-proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisfarreach View Post
    You can learn. Building a computer now-a-days is idiot-proof.
    Eh, im still kinda scared to do it. Does anyone know of a good computer around the $500 range? Can be a little more than that though.

Deleted
    Well, it is kinda true, a computer takes nothing more then basic knowledge to build nowadays.
    And by basic knowledge i mean figuring what goes where . I managed to fuck up the Power and HDD LEDs in my first build, so it's not that idiot-proof.

My laptop that I play WoW on has an AMD A8-3500m quad with HD 6620G graphics built in. With the settings I posted earlier, textures on high, draw distance fair, water low, particles fair , shadows fair, 4X AA, 2X AF, no sunshafts, DX 11 mode, I get 25-30 fps in SW at the busiest time in the busiest place. In 10 man raids, I get from 50-90, depending on the area. Soloing I have hit as high as 145. The Nvidia 520 wouldn't do as well since the 6620G is equivalent to a 5650 mobile card and the 520 is like a HD 5450 but it should do an acceptable job.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 11:13 PM ----------

Eh, im still kinda scared to do it. Does anyone know of a good computer around the $500 range? Can be a little more than that though.
    $500 is a little low for anything decent. I did find 2 pretty good ones for around $600 though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227369
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227370

Both would outperform what you were thinking of getting.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    My laptop that I play WoW on has an AMD A8-3500m quad with HD 6620G graphics built in. With the settings I posted earlier, textures on high, draw distance fair, water low, particles fair , shadows fair, 4X AA, 2X AF, no sunshafts, DX 11 mode, I get 25-30 fps in SW at the busiest time in the busiest place. In 10 man raids, I get from 50-90, depending on the area. Soloing I have hit as high as 145. The Nvidia 520 wouldn't do as well since the 6620G is equivalent to a 5650 mobile card and the 520 is like a HD 5450 but it should do an acceptable job.

---------- Post added 2011-11-17 at 11:13 PM ----------

$500 is a little low for anything decent. I did find 2 pretty good ones for around $600 though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227369
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883227370

Both would outperform what you were thinking of getting.
    Thank you for the suggestions. How much better do you think those would be compared to the one I was considering getting?