Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

SW:TOR Mod Appreciation Thread!

Recently, I have noticed that people are jumping on the bandwagon with a white label on the side that reads "Mod Haters... All Aboard!"

I am hear to give you the other side to that coin. While it is true that some mods use their power more than they should, most of the mods on the SWTOR forum tend to be more open, but still as strict. I for one appreciate Trollsbane and the rest of the crew when it comes to what they do best. They keep this forum in the state it has to be in to keep order and keep it fun for everybody. Whether they are shutting down WoW Vs. SWTOR flame threads, banning ridiculous trolls, or just stopping by to enforce the NDA (which is a law for the government people), they are always here to help.

While some of the more angry members of the community might be outraged by the bans of people, or the closing of threads, I represent the other members. We, as the majority of the SWTOR forums would like to not only tell you thank you, but also that we appreciate you keeping this forum clean and fun!

Have a wonderful day mods!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalagrath View Post
    Have a wonderful day mods!
    Amen to this. Best part is you guys do more than just moderate. You're all over the place just posting around like everybody else.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, thanks for all the hard work.

Just a few more weeks to go, and your jobs will be easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yep, thanks for all the hard work.

Just a few more weeks to go, and your jobs will be easier.
    Experience with the Cataclysm and Rift launches tells me that the opposite of this is true

Launches are usually 12-24 hours of silence, and then a massive explosion of posts.

Of course this wasn't true in the case of Skyrim, but that makes sense.

#cantmodtoobusyplayingskyrim

Came here expecting a thread about addons for SWtoR.

Somewhat of a misleading title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed a big shout out to Trolls and the rest of the SW:TOR mods. You guys are awesome, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post

Of course this wasn't true in the case of Skyrim, but that makes sense.

#cantmodtoobusyplayingskyrim
    lol I know exactly what you mean
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

yeah, it has to be hard fighting nda breakers, and spreading info without breaking it yourselves, kudos. That said, when the game launches are story spoilers going to be moderated, or at least make sure topics mention spoilers if they have any? I wanna be careful not to know the story before I finish at least one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    yeah, it has to be hard fighting nda breakers, and spreading info without breaking it yourselves, kudos. That said, when the game launches are story spoilers going to be moderated, or at least make sure topics mention spoilers if they have any? I wanna be careful not to know the story before I finish at least one character.
    Yes. We have always enforced this rule for the first few months a game is out.

I would say that the SWTOR mods are way better than everywhere else on this site, but that wouldn't be saying anything at all. Instead I will say that yes they do a good job and thanks for doing the job.

i dont want to appreciate Trolls he smells like cabbage <3 trolls

Hate you guys! Seriously though, you guys are great and I feel like we're all besties now because of that one SWTOR info gathering thread that was started so very long ago!

Keep up the good work!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yah, hey you guys are great !!! I know it's a difficult and thankless job, but maybe this thread will help to correct the last part ! I appreciate all of your efforts that seem to make this the best forum on the entire site. THANKS AGAIN !
    Remember: Ignorance can be corrected with a little instruction.
    But, Stupid is forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, thanks for taking some of your time to keep those pesty forum trolls at bay mods! Keep up the fight and the ban hammer close at hand when they start to invade thise forums. I expect an invasion in the middel of desember!

So be ready then

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have one complaint though, the "Pathetically Overmoderated Forums" thread yesterday was not pathetically overmoderated enough for my tastes. You guys can do better than that! Step it up!

PS - GJ keeping these forums as civil as possible.

Deleted
    Who made you the peoples champion

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't seen much, but I definitely appreciate the mods and what they've done the little time I've been active.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    Yes. We have always enforced this rule for the first few months a game is out.
    So... what? You will ban ppl creating a Spoiler Thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    So... what? You will ban ppl creating a Spoiler Thread?
    Ban? No. Infract? Most likely. Information on the first 20 levels or so won't be so bad. But, end level STORY spoilers. Yes. Well, maybe not infract initially, we will warn. I appreciate the fact that some people understand what our job is. I don't get as many reports in the SWTOR forum as I did when I was in R&D. Most reports are actually good and help point out the trolling and flaming. We do run into the case where some people report everything. So, thanks everyone for keeping this place nice and friendly. It makes our job easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question for the Mods.

When I report a post do you guys actually see what I write in the note? OR do you just get like a link that takes you to the reported post?

Best part about this forum is that if you were following the mega thread pre-forums you'd know all the mods in here. There usually wasn't a lot of drama in there so it was a pretty chill environment for talking shit and getting to know people.

And then Trolls was made a mod and everything went downhill

/hugs