Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Ban? No. Infract? Most likely. Information on the first 20 levels or so won't be so bad. But, end level STORY spoilers. Yes. Well, maybe not infract initially, we will warn. I appreciate the fact that some people understand what our job is. I don't get as many reports in the SWTOR forum as I did when I was in R&D. Most reports are actually good and help point out the trolling and flaming. We do run into the case where some people report everything. So, thanks everyone for keeping this place nice and friendly. It makes our job easier.
    Basically this. And delete any posts that contain spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    I have a question for the Mods.

When I report a post do you guys actually see what I write in the note? OR do you just get like a link that takes you to the reported post?
    Not a SW:TOR mod, but I can answer this! Both.

But to be on topic, I've traveled around these forums every now and then, and yeah you guys are doing a pretty good job!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad to see the appreciation flowing! It's always nice to see people (Mods) get the recognition they deserve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys. It's appreciated. =)

A note about spoiler threads: Another reason I don't want them is because I'll have to read the threads to mod. I don't want to read spoilers. =(

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Thanks guys. It's appreciated. =)

A note about spoiler threads: Another reason I don't want them is because I'll have to read the threads to mod. I don't want to read spoilers. =(
    As someone who doesn't care all that much about spoilers (I'm weird, I know, I also tend to read books 10-12 times, I like the journey more than the destination, very rarely do I care that much about spoilers) I will handle all the spoiled stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3clipse View Post
    As someone who doesn't care all that much about spoilers (I'm weird, I know, I also tend to read books 10-12 times, I like the journey more than the destination, very rarely do I care that much about spoilers) I will handle all the spoiled stuff
    Much <3
    /bro fist

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Much <3
    /bro fist
    Brofist.

Can't wait to try this game out next weekend. Been waiting for a shot at the beta for sooo long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brofist.

Can't wait to try this game out next weekend. Been waiting for a shot at the beta for sooo long.
    I assure you it is everything you are looking forward too.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Ban? No. Infract? Most likely. Information on the first 20 levels or so won't be so bad. But, end level STORY spoilers. Yes. Well, maybe not infract initially, we will warn. I appreciate the fact that some people understand what our job is. I don't get as many reports in the SWTOR forum as I did when I was in R&D. Most reports are actually good and help point out the trolling and flaming. We do run into the case where some people report everything. So, thanks everyone for keeping this place nice and friendly. It makes our job easier.

Just to be devils advocate here. The site thrives on data mining which is against the rules. Why then would you infract someone breaking the NDA when they are doing the same thing as the data mining, breaking the rules in order to inform the community of whats going on before there is a official thing on it?

I mean its not a big deal to me, i just was wondering the thinking behind that was.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Just to be devils advocate here. The site thrives on data mining which is against the rules. Why then would you infract someone breaking the NDA when they are doing the same thing as the data mining, breaking the rules in order to inform the community of whats going on before there is a official thing on it?

I mean its not a big deal to me, i just was wondering the thinking behind that was.
    That quote is about infracting spoilers, not the NDA.

Spoilers aren't illegal or anything, they're just mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    I assure you it is everything you are looking forward too.
    Shammy here don't lie. Been in long-term beta. It is well worth my $150 minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalagrath View Post
    Shammy here don't lie. Been in long-term beta. It is well worth my $150 minimum.
    Hehe, I upgraded my DDE to a CE after my beta last weekend. I don;t even care for the few extras but they put good working into the game, they deserve some cash

That quote is about infracting spoilers, not the NDA.

Spoilers aren't illegal or anything, they're just mean.
    Ohhh ok sorry for the out of context.
    But I have had that feeling, and that is why i was asking.
    Anyhow the question is moot, and best saved for later.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    A mod appreciation thread? Ok. Trollsbane gets huge props from me. He is truly a great mod and you can see the "power" has not gone to his head. I wish all the forums I visit had mods like him.

Unfortunately he is the only mod here that I find just.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilim View Post
    A mod appreciation thread? Ok. Trollsbane gets huge props from me. He is truly a great mod and you can see the "power" has not gone to his head. I wish all the forums I visit had mods like him.

Unfortunately he is the only mod here that I find just.
    This one time, Trolls edited my post. Put words in my mouth! (inb4 Thornestar's post about Trolls putting other things in my mouth)

Of course I thanked him for it, since it saved me from being sued by Bioware.

A cupcake for you mods. (Please don't shoot me!)

I can honestly say I have no appreciation for any of the mods on this subfourm. But now that the nda is gone, doesn't really matter now.