Page 1 of 2
LastLast

You have entered too many instances recently.

So I was never 100% sure why this came around in the first place but I was wondering if blizz had any intentions of removing it. Its kind of annoying when im trying to get my transmog runs done and this pops up. Its like being told "You have finished too many daily quests recently." It just dosent make a whole lot of sense but if anyone could give me a legit reason why this exists it would be nice.

Legit reasons why it exists? Farm prevention, for one, as well as preventing a higher level running lower levels through repeatedly and oneshotting everything for them.

Because the same cant be done in higher level areas like what happened at the beginning of cata?

Quote Originally Posted by mezamury View Post
    So I was never 100% sure why this came around in the first place but I was wondering if blizz had any intentions of removing it. Its kind of annoying when im trying to get my transmog runs done and this pops up. Its like being told "You have finished too many daily quests recently." It just dosent make a whole lot of sense but if anyone could give me a legit reason why this exists it would be nice.
    Creating and keeping an instance for you takes resources. It's there to prevent people from hogging the resources while spam running stuff.

Also, hack/bot farming preventing. People used to spam run SM with some hack that'd warp them to the end. Not good for servers, not good for the economy.

Rogue chest runs. I also did herb runs in some TBC instances at level 70.

<Victory Call> of Trollbane EU - 1/8H 25M

Deleted
    I thought it was introduced because people farming low level dungeons were overloading the instance servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    Legit reasons why it exists? Farm prevention, for one, as well as preventing a higher level running lower levels through repeatedly and oneshotting everything for them.
    It was due to stress on instance servers caused by gold farmers. The fallout was it effected normal players as well but it immediately stops bots from farming instances and brought stability back during peak hours.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

They already "nerfed" it with 4.0. Dungeons you enter via the lfg tool don't count for the 5 dungeons/hour.

During holiday event bosses it was a pain in the ass, because the lfg tool already always ignored the limit. But if you wanted to join a raid after you completed the event with all of your toons, you stood there for almost an hour before you could enter the instance. This has been fixed.

I'd be all for removing it. I can't think of any instance now that would be worth farming over and over, and even it was, so what? It's a legitimate way of making money, why are they making such a huge deal out of it.

It personally more than tripled the time it took for me to blast through Outland dungeonmaster.

Ah okay, I didn't think about the stress on the server. Rather obvious now that someone else said it. Thanks all =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I'd be all for removing it. I can't think of any instance now that would be worth farming over and over, and even it was, so what? It's a legitimate way of making money, why are they making such a huge deal out of it.

It personally more than tripled the time it took for me to blast through Outland dungeonmaster.
    It was a nail in the coffin for gold farmers. They were already hacking so they used the teleport hack to warp to bosses, kill fast and reset in a couple minutes. Hah I found it. It's so old it's pre-youtube. http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4422454044&q=w

Some people may recall when this happened there would be 60 hunters in DM during prime time. Our instance servers were crashing due to so many going at once.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't see how this is a problem for people sure its annoying but it stops farmers like rogue chest runs in BC

Quote Originally Posted by Argyle View Post
    to think that this guy is employed to be a CM is retarded. some of the things he's written in threads sure are okay, but that right there, is a fine example of disrespect towards your playerbase and paying customers. lockouts from dungeons, with the implantation of the dungeon finder, are stupid, especially being locked out of a raid and having to wait an hour before entering, slowing down the raid... cause you decided to farm for some transmogg gear in old dungeons. stupid... stupid... stupid.

i'm pretty sure if i had replied to my customers like that when i was employed at my previous employer, i would have been fired on the spot.
    Last edited by Dannz; 2011-11-18 at 04:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    to think that this guy is employed to be a CM is retarded. some of the things he's written in threads sure are okay, but that right there, is a fine example of disrespect towards your playerbase and paying customers. lockouts from dungeons, with the implantation of the dungeon finder, are stupid, especially being locked out of a raid and having to wait an hour before entering, slowing down the raid... cause you decided to farm for some transmogg gear in old dungeons. stupid... stupid... stupid.

i'm pretty sure if i had replied to my customers like that when i was employed at my previous employer, i would have been fired on the spot.
    Why? He explained the problem. He got insulted and they took a jab at developers. He could ban everyone and move on. Instead he stood up for his decision and Blizzard. If you want to someone to kiss your ass then call customer service. Don't post on a free discussion forum and insult those who pay for it and expect a friendly response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time your run to 12 minutes and loot everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Why? He explained the problem. He got insulted and they took a jab at developers. He could ban everyone and move on. Instead he stood up for his decision and Blizzard. If you want to someone to kiss your ass then call customer service. Don't post on a free discussion forum and insult those who pay for it and expect a friendly response.
    caution, blizzard fanboi over here! if you see nothing wrong with his responses, you my good sir, must have experienced some horrible treatment by every company you ever dealt with. it's like a store clerk. if a customer goes to the store clerk, and complains price tagging isn't correct, or some other bullshit, you always apologize and say you are sorry for your fault, even if it is not. you don't go all smarty pants and say "hey bro... if you had looked at the prices next to the product you brought, you would have seen the right one, stop being stupid and gtfo"

he is allowed to state the companies reasons for why they think that lock should exist, but insulting and talking down to your customers, the ppl that buy products from your company, which ultimately are the reasons for your job and your salary, is stupid. you treat them with respect no matter how retarded the customer is, they teach you that at any kind of service job you get, so i'm pretty sure blizzard does that aswell. his responses are just insulting and disrespectful, you can disagree with your customer, but you don't disrespect them... which he did multiple times there, and dat's not the first thread with similar responses from him -,-

10+ Year Old Account

im pretty sure if u have been biched and yelled at as much as he was your boss would tell your customer off before you did

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it's been there since Vanilla, or at least TBC. They want to prevent farming I guess.

---------- Post added 2011-11-18 at 08:08 AM ----------

he is allowed to state the companies reasons for why they think that lock should exist, but insulting and talking down to your customers, the ppl that buy products from your company, which ultimately are the reasons for your job and your salary, is stupid. you treat them with respect no matter how retarded the customer is,
    Hahaha, can't believe you feel that way really. You only treat someone as a valued customer as long as they behave. You don't take abuse or insults from a customer, at least I won't (and I have had my share of dealings with 'bad' customers). As long as a customer is willing to explain his issue in a normal and decent manner they get treated that way. If not, too bad for them. I have hung up on people that were abusive, warning them (if I could get a word in) that I would if they wouldn't change their tone. Those are not the customers you want in the end.

They implemented this feature because chests in Mana-Tombs, and I think Underbog/Slave Pens could be looted by a rogue and reset for mad easy blues in TBC. They removed the chests and tied mobs to them now so its really just a relic that stands in peoples way now... should be removed